What's new

First Rollercoaster Experience Ever!?!

Brookes

Giga Poster
I can't remember if I rode any kiddie coasters as a kid, but my first memory of a proper roller coaster was Trace du Hourra at Parc Asterix. I didn't like coasters at all when I was younger, but went on a school trip to Paris in year 8 and we went to Parc Asterix on the first day. All my mates wanted to go on this first, so I decided to go on it as well. I was kind of scared at first but then got excited and I really enjoyed it. My first time going upside down was 2 days later on Space Mountain: Mission 2 at DLRP which they had to trick me to go on, as I didn't know it had inversions but it was great.

A

Anonymous

My first [major] roller coaster was the present day Dominator (used to be Batman: Knight Flight at the now defunct Six Flags: Ohio. From that point on, I was hooked.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I'm not sure I've posted in here yet- although I've posted in a newer version of this topic- so I'll answer with Barnstormer at the Magic Kingdom when I was like two or three.

A

Anonymous

Megafobia, Oakwood, Wales. Nearly chickened out near the front!

A

Anonymous

I've been going on the little kiddies' coasters for as long as I can remember, but my first 'true' coaster was probably Shockwave at Drayton Manor when I was about 9-10.

Redbeard

Roller Poster
First post!

My first coaster was the Mine Ride at Cedar Point; I was 7. My aunt took my cousin and I that day. She wanted us to ride one of the smaller ones first. Needless to say, I rode all six coasters at CP (it was 1983!) before that day was over.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I think it may have been the Rattlesnake at Pleasurewood? Or the Roller Coaster at GYPB? Or even Runaway Train at Pettitts?

To be honestly have no idea, but it must be from a local park. :?

A

Anonymous

Thunder Mountain at Orlando when I was three! :D I cried half way through it because I forgot to scream :lol: Needless to say I went on again straight after

alexdude98

Mega Poster
Dragon at Legoland when I was 4. Back then it was Oblivion to me! I remember we stayed late and they had shut the queue - let us go round 4 times! :) How nice.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Mine was on Giant Dipper at Belmont Park when I was about 7. Effen. Awesome. Still love it today.

A

Anonymous

My first ever rollercoaster was the Hornet at Flambards, a small theme park I went to on a family holiday when I was about 8. My first big rollercoaster was Nemesis Inferno.

T0M

Hyper Poster
One of those crazy catapillar things I think, I used to love going inside the apple...

Sam!

Roller Poster
My first ever coaster was The Caterpiller at dreamland I can't remember how old I was. My first looping coaster was Colossus at Thorpe Park back in 2008 I loved it and thats how my love for theme parks and rides started.

maccat215

Roller Poster
My first ever 'experience' was the big apple caterpillar is Pleasureland Southport, But my first ever thrill ride experience was Oblivion, and to this day it is still probably my favourite ride in alton towers