What's new

First Rollercoaster Experience Ever!?!

MinteButtons

Mega Poster
My first coaster experience was the Buffalo coaster at DMP at 13

First "proper" coaster was Air at Alton at 14

I'm willing do go on most coasters (though I haven't got on a dive machine yet) but I still haven't got over my nerves.

A

Anonymous

My first roller coaster was THE HULK! :twisted: At islands of adventure in orlando, I am going back next year so hopefully will be able to ride the coaster again! :--D

stuartredman1

Roller Poster
I went to ocean city in MD and saw the tidal wave (the one that had an accident recently) and wanted to ride it but it was winter and I was probably to short anyway.

VitorRicci

Roller Poster
My first coaster was the Montanha-Russa, in Fantasy Place at the Market Place Mall here in São Paulo. The coaster is a Custom Vekoma Junior

I rode it when I was 4 years old, in 1996. Today this coaster are at Beto Carrero World, with the name of Tigor Mountain

weeby

Roller Poster
I think it was a wooden coaster in great yarmouth... could've been called ShootingStar I think :lol:

A

Anonymous

The first coaster I ever rode as a kid was the thunderbolt at Kennywood Park. This is one of the classic old wooden coasters. This coaster won't thrill you to death but it's a piece of amusement park history and still quite the ride for being as old as it is.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Dragon fire at canada's wonderland its was a simple chain lift seated coaster with double loops corksrews and a helix.............so not overall a good roller coaster but a great one for a 9 year old kid :p

A

Anonymous

my first was nemesis inferno at thorpe park followed by saw the ride.

cp23

Mega Poster
My first coaster ever was the Runaway Mine Train at Chessington World of Adventures, back when it was Chessington Zoo (or if not then it had only just become WoA), when I was 2 years old. I was petrified, and couldn't even get on a train after that without being nervous. There was a little train I used to love at Sandbanks, Dorset that ran along the promenade (you know the ones that aren't actually trains but are made to look like them) and I wouldn't even go on that again for ages after, out of fear it would do what the Runaway Mine Train did. Needless to say it was not this experience that turned me into an enthusiast.

My next coaster experience after that, and my first 'voluntary' one, was the Achterbahn at a rather obscure German park in Lower Saxony known as Rasti-Land. I was about 7 then I think. You might even say this was my first true coaster experience, as this was the first non-powered coaster I ever rode (as far as I can remember). Looking at RCDB, the coaster still exists, and is still the only one in the park!

http://www.rcdb.com/1023.htm?p=0

A

Anonymous

Should've been the Kumba at Busch Gardens Tampa....but ended up being the Corkscrew at Michigan's Adventure some years later.

Markeyed

Roller Poster
First Kiddie... Ladybird Rollercoaster at wicksteed park (check out that bad boy on this website :p)

First Major... Rita when i was 17... I know i am a very very very late bloomer... but i have loved rollercoasters ever since :D

shane790_0

Roller Poster
Runnerway mine train at the American Adventrue, 1st looping coaster was the Missile at AA however it took me like 5 visits before I was brave enough to ride it.....Every year was going to be THE year untill my dad got fed up of me backing out and dragged me on lol, I rode it about 10 times that day....And from that day I was hooked on Coasters :--D

A

Anonymous

My first REAL roller coaster experience was this summer on the Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood Park. It was the first run of the day, second seat with my best friend. I was only 12 when I rode it.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
My first ever rollercoaster was the small one at Guilvers Milton kenyes when I was 5.

The first big rollercoaster was Space Mountain when I was 9
The first looper I went on was The Rock N Rollercoaster

mouse

Giga Poster
My first big coaster was rock n roller coaster in disney world florida.
My first ever was el pastil loco in devons crealy. Its been rethemed now.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
Either the Rollercoaster at Metroland (boo hoo!), or the Rat at LWV. I must have been ten, or so, and as a result have been hell bent on getting my kids on as many big rides from as young an age as possible. I fear I may have scarred them tho'....

corkscrew

Roller Poster

Mine was corkscrew hence the user-name.
I was 8 and I thought it was the cable car station but I still enjoyed it. :--D

Mark9

Roller Poster
Runaway train at Chessington in 1992 when I was 4 years old. If we aren't counting powered coasters it was Rattlesnake at Pleasurewood hills (I believe its now called Snake in the Grass) in 1998 when I was ten.