What's new

First Rollercoaster Experience Ever!?!

A

Anonymous

Whats your first?

Mine was oblivion, i was 8 years old and was just the right height, i didn't want to go on but my dad walked ahead, so i had to follow, he sat in and so did i and i went white with fear, when we got off i was shaking and all my dad said is "Lets go again!"

Richie

Hyper Poster
Probably the Buffalo ride at American Adventure.

I used to think that ride was a bit slow and crap even at the age of about 5.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Dragen at Legoland Billund.
As for non-kiddie coasters, it was ThunderCoaster. I don't remember much of it, though, it was a bit more forceful than I was used to, but fun...oh yeah. As it was my first ride on a big coaster, I didn't feel like riding it again that day. I relaxed on Teeny-Weeny instead.

My age? Well, I have always been a bit timid. 13...

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Bit of a late comer to all this theme park stuff for me.

I was 14 or 15 before I discovered the wonderful world of coasters,and it was on Looping Star at Margate.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I think my first coaster was the Runaway Train at Chessington followed by Vampire in it's original form :D

My first coaster with an inversion was Turbo at Brighton Pier.

Nic

Strata Poster
It was probably the previous blue/green, tree lined incarnation of flying fish at Thorpe. Or it might've been the runaway train at Chessie. My memory is shocking... my coaster count is probably a few short just because I can't remember all the parks and coasters from when I was younger.

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Mine I think was High Roller at Valleyfair or Mad Mouse. I don't remember which one it was but I remember being really scared.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
For me it was Water Chute at Belle Vue (if you count it as a coaster :p ), or Zipper Dipper at blackpool... I think. I honestly can't remember, because riding coasters regularly was something I'd always done. My first memories are certainly of a Water Chute, and it's probably Belle Vue (my Grandparents used to take us there in the mid 70's).

I will have been about 2 though, so that's why I don't remember it (and the fact it was over 30 years ago :lol: ).

Maxi-Minor_Furie should have 20 under his belt by the time he's three! :lol:

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I think my first coaster was a travelling Spinning Wild Mouse at our local fair.

My first theme park roller coaster I think was either Runaway Train or Rattlesnake, back in 2003.

Lain

Giga Poster
The first I can remember would be the Clown Coaster at Blackpool, although my mum tells me I did Zipper Dipper around the same time.

If we're not counting kiddie coasters, I remember being terrified by both Grand National and the Revolution as soon as I was tall enough to ride them.

Woo!

scan

Mega Poster
First coaster: Dragon ride at Bultins :--D
First Major: Ultimate at lightwater valley
First looper: Gauntlet at Camelot

Beans

Hyper Poster
Scenic Railway at Margate as far as I can remember, well the first proper coaster anyway, being a bit older there were not so many rides about when I was younger and we didn't go as far north as Blackpool or Alton.

We did go to Chessington a lot as a kid but it was only a zoo then and no rides.

Tom

Hyper Poster
It was probably the previous blue/green, tree lined incarnation of flying fish at Thorpe. Or it might've been the runaway train at Chessie.

Same here. My first major ride was either Vampire at Chessie or Flying Fish at Thorpe, but if they, don't count, it was Corkscrew at Alton, which was also my first looper, and I did those both at about 7 or 8.

Rach

Giga Poster
First coaster: Buffalo Coaster - Drayton Manor
First major coaster: Air - Alton Towers
First looping coaster: Corkscrew - Alton Towers

When I finally over came my fears of them my first coaster then was Shockwave - Drayton Manor.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I think my first coaster was one of those Go Gators at my fair when I was like 3 if that was a coaster, I barely remember. First proper coaster was Wild Mouse at Funderland Dublin when I was like 10 and my first big coaster was Dragon Khan when I was 13.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
I'm sure it was the Dragon Coaster at Legoland Windsor and I was about 3 or 4. My first looping coaster was Klondike and I was 8, my first proper major coaster was Pepsi Max Big One at the age of 9. Then when I was 10 I did Oblivion, Nemesis and Air.

David

Mega Poster
I went on this random kiddie coaster at a fair when I was quite young but I don't have a clue as to what that was called.

My first proper coaster was Nemesis Inferno in 2004.