What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the Invert has a name, tis called Thunderhorse.
With supports! (un-flanged as i cba)
Thunderhorse-080103012849000.jpg

Looking good everyone! I really like that overbank on your ride Snoo! Keep it up!

Anyway, I was bored out of my mind today, and I don't really have any projects going on (except for the giga coaster, which I'll put on hold) so I was wondering if anyone wanted to have a NL competition with me, to keep my skills in shape. If anyone wants to, PM me and we can talk about it! Thanks!

^^I'm liking that fisrt section. It's hard to know what the rest of the layout is like, because it's hidden from view behind the lauch/lift thing. The ride experience would be awesome, with the inversion and then the bend at the end.

One criticism though, I think that the supports on the twisting-dive are too close together, I suggest making four or five supports instead f six. Also I would recommend making the supports more like a real invert.
For example look at this support:
untitled-1.jpg

and now look at Montu
http://rcdb.com/ig87.htm?picture=18
Montu's supports don't have a pole comming from the connector into the madi support.

It's hard to describe, but just look at Montu's (or any other invert's) supports to get a better idea of how to support it, as your supports are quite wierd.

Yeah but the g-forces on that area are quite high, thus needing more supports. Look at Alpengeist, the supports on that are quite thick.
Plus thats a picture of a loop, I don't use a loop.
(and i need to get rid of that random bar)

^No, you're using a half loop. Surely it's just the same principle, halved?

Nope, look at Alpengeist which is the reason its support like it is.
You said I should research supports, i know more about supporting then you do, so shut the **** up Montu fanboy.
http://www.rcdb.com/ig277.htm?picture=1

I count 4 on that loop and pull out. I have 4 so far on the loop and pull out.

Fine, I take back the statement about there being too many supports, I suppose it's just an opinion.

My other point was well illustrated in the Alpengeist picture. I'm going to use some NL mock-ups to give an impression. I amphasis the point now that these pictures are only mock-ups that took 30 seconds to construct.

newtrack-080103151622000.jpg

This is what I beleive your support to look like. The screenshot is hard to interpret properly.

newtrack-080103151700000.jpg

This is what the supports on Alpengeist look like.

Now you may be able to tell me more aboult supports, but does the top picture look right? No.

Also
i know more about supporting then you do, so shut the **** up Montu fanboy.
That's out of order. There are loads of people who could be classed as fanboys, just because I have a Montu avatar and signature and I posted a link to a picture of Montu doesn't make a an avid fanboy. That comment just made you look like a twat.

Lord K,

This is what I think that you should do on your supports:
Thunderhorseloefet.jpg

Hixee is true it's looks a bit crowded, but not bad.

12looplaunch1.jpg

Finished my track both with lift and launch, (EDIT).

It looks absolutely brilliant. I would offer to test it for you, but I don't really know what is involved.

I just want someone else to give it a test run and see if they can find any problems, (like smoothness, pumping, etc.)

^ Thanks for the help Tanner, I have fixed the issue with the speed on the launch version.

Hixee check your PM.

I'm fine at the moment with testers now.

Does anyone else want to have a comp with me? Error PM'ed me, but he hasn't replied in a long time, even though he's been on a lot! *nudge nudge* PM me if you are interested!

Finally got my track complete! Few shots I figured i'd take of some of the track..

newtrack080104195456000eg9.png

^Favorite shot of the ride.. I really can't get enough of it..

newtrack080104204605000uf4.png

^Supports on the first turn.. woo!

newtrack080104204736001px7.png

^Little cross over action

newtrack080104205106003wj2.png

^Sunsets are sexy.. :)

Supports are about 60% done. I still have to do the lift hill and post launch.. which will take a bit since I am a noob. Then I have to terraform.. which shouldn't take too long once I learn.. lol

Stats:
Max Speed: 75mph
Height: 220ft
Length: 9725ft

Figured i'd do as much as I can with my first real go.. lol

Looks good, but sum how the lift hill doesn't appear to be straight and ****ing hell it's a long ride. Sunsets are indeed sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.