What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jer:
I think that the top of the drop seems a bit drawn out and not snappy as a real B&M, compare to RCDB - Pyrenees first drop.
But we have a lot of coasters to look forward to.

Due to a lot of studying and getting bored of theming, I have drifted away from NL, and haven't done anything for over a month on any project, and to get my spark back I started a project that I have wanted to do for over a year, the Intamin 12 loop design according to the ECC magazine First Drop.

Layout:
loefet said:
Lift/Launch > turnaround > Norwegian loop > bunny hop > boomerang > loop > 2 corkscrews > turnaround > bunny hop > 2 corkscrews > turnaround > bunny hop > turnaround > 2 inline twists > turnaround > inline twist into brake.
So far I have:
12loop.jpg

Will make a version with a launch as well.

Two things with that Jer. First, that turn looks more than ninety degrees and the rise into the brakes looks a little too steep and abrupt at the top. The layout is great though. It has nice pacing.

Haven't posted here in a while but...

Here is my new project I'm starting, called Madera. It's a wooden coaster with an 80 degree drop and airtime-a-plenty! The turn after the floater hill is the first out of two 90 degree banks!

Here is a screen of the layout right after the first drop:
maderapic1yv7.jpg

By the way, how do I turn up my graphics card?

I was bored tonight.. sooo.. figured i'd toy a bit in NL with something new. I was getting a bit tired of B&M so I figured i'd dive into Intamin. Being I get an eyeful everytime I go to CP, seemed like a good choice.

newtrack080102001145000gs0.png

^First turn
newtrack080102023552002ia8.png

^Couple turns and an airtime hill later

If this will be another toy project like the last one or if I finish this bad boy.. I dunno.

I like the dueling there snoo!

This knot of twisted track is known as Meteor. There is a lot of work left though.

Meteor-080102012240000.jpg

Added some more stuff.

12loop1.jpg

Layout:
Lift/Launch > turnaround > Norwegian loop > bunny hop > boomerang > loop > 2 corkscrews > turnaround > bunny hop > 2 corkscrews > turnaround > bunny hop > turnaround > 2 inline twists > turnaround > inline twist into brake.
(Bold = Done)
Next up corkscrew heaven. <3

Sorry about double but...

All Corkscrews are in place.

12loop2.jpg

Layout:
(Bold = Done)

Have discovered that I have to do something about the station, since I'm currently going through the roof and the track is according to spec.

^Lookin' good Loefet. Intamin probably could have done better with the layout though, but that's just my opinion!

^ Yeah. It's really packed together (double the amount of track then on Colossus but on the same space), and really start to run pretty sluggish in the end, and the track isn't finished yet...

Yeah, I would imagine. It was probably a challenge desinging Colossus, I can't imagine desinging a coaster with 2 more inversions!

Just the last turn and the last inline left.

12loop3.jpg

Layout:
(Bold = Done)

The only thing I'm thinking about, why would a park buy one of these? They won't get any records with it, since Eejanaika have 14 inversions.

^As stated elsewhere on the forums, Eejanaikas flips are not considered 'real' inversions. Also, there are a lot of Chinese parks coming up, most of them want to have a record (don't everyone?). I think there are plenty of potential buyers, this one wasn't made by Intamin employees for fun.

By the way, nice recreation! You will post a POV somewhere, won't you? Please...

^Yes Please!!!

Anyway, I put Madera to the side right now, and I started a new ride, called PD2DMTL (from Xcelerator's licesnse plate! :lol:) It's an Intamin Giga Coaster, about 310 feet and has top speed of 90 MPH.

Here is a screen of the lift and drop, which are complete.
pd2dmtlliftshot1kf3.jpg

(Colors are up for changing.)

A little Unique surprise I threw into my coaster....

An Inverted cutback :)

orochiv2208010219414400ae9.png

let the realism debate commence!!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.