What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, being grounded SUXX!!!!!! 10000000x!!

Well, being a criticizer, I absolutely LOVE to point out all of the track errors. You can just build an extremely smooth NL track, and I'd love it.

Jer, you should check out my NLDC homepage, it has turn building tutorials, employing the use of circle 3Ds.

SFMMMan17 said:
Lookin' good Jer, but the colors are a little bland.

Cause most of Portal is bland, white and grey except the portals which are blue and orange (they will show up later)

^^Do you want to post a link?

^Looking good Jer. Good luck with theming!

Triton-071226213634000.jpg

The random small date palm in the middle of the path looks wierd. Apart from that it looks good, I hope your planning on adding fencing around those tower things?

From that picture the ride looks OK. It's hard to tell really but that turnaround is cool. I like the support that dosn't go into the water, but I think it's a bit over the top, if yo were to space your supports slightly differently then there would be no need for the wierd support. I'm not saying it doesn't look cool, it's just quite unrealistic.

I could never get pacing right on inverts.:(

^Yeah but Great Bear had to use supports like that. If you spaced out you supports more thoughtfully then you would avoid using some of the wierd ones.

I've made a little paint image to show you what I mean.

untitled.jpg

If you were to put the supports where my red dots are then you would not need the wierd support that isn't realistic. Think about it, would B&M really make a support like that when they could easily make a simple one?
The very last support on the left is realistic, Great Bear uses ones just like it, but only because it has to. Your ride uses it because it has to as well, thats fine.

*cough*

Anyways, while Jer is gonna make a ride based on the cake being a lie, Ploddish and I (yes, TWO people on ONE coaster) are gonna tell you the legend is real.

Bruno-071228131343000.jpg

And we might be one of very few people actually making a mine train ride.

I deiced to screw enclosing it becuase no matter how many times I tried it always screwed up, Unless someone (andre) is willing to make me building, I have the textures.

anyway

With a clean slate I would like to introduce the unique inversion on this ride. It's called an Aperture Roll (becuase aperture Science is portal :lol:) it's similar corckscrew but with a higher exit and apex. In other words the inversion starts lower and ends high with a apex later in the inversion.
portalv2307122818584900vp9.png

notice a good 98% of the themeing is gone.

The lats before the inversion in the front of the screenie look as if they will be horrifying. Try a little unbanking Jer, it won't kill you to make properly banked turns.

B&M supports are versy strong by their design. Your ride, Insane, will do fine with the supports placed where Hixee has the red dots. Also, you can get away with the 3X tube base columns, and the 2X outreach columns. I've personally done it like that before. Or you can use wings 3D to make some more realistic style supports. I also see that you are getting better with your supports too.

^^ Take note I will not support a ride until al lthe Gs are green. In other words....shut up it's fine.

Xpress said:
The lats before the inversion in the front of the screenie look as if they will be horrifying. Try a little unbanking Jer, it won't kill you to make properly banked turns.

Have you ridden the ride? No? Then you have no right to tell him how to bank his ride properly, for all you know the turn could be banked correctly to the speed, you never know.

Your statement was okay until the second sentence. Then you just ended up looking like a pompous asshat.

Xpress said:
B&M supports are versy strong by their design. Your ride, Insane, will do fine with the supports placed where Hixee has the red dots. Also, you can get away with the 3X tube base columns, and the 2X outreach columns. I've personally done it like that before. Or you can use wings 3D to make some more realistic style supports. I also see that you are getting better with your supports too.

You can't really give advice on supports, because you've proved in past occasions that you know nothing about them with that ride you made that copied Gonzo. Lord K hit it on the head, most significant B&M supportwork would be size 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.