What's new

Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Rocky Mountain Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Silver Dollar City |"Unknown"| Wooden Hybrid Coaster

If that can be done, a 0-g roll can surely be done.

From TPR:
582235_10151046788118566_1617879094_n.jpg

That looks reallllly flimsy.

Awesome, but totally like it's gonna collapse the second they send a train round...

I think this is going to rip itself a part fairly soon after opening and be modified to just be a hill.

BUT WHAT DO I KNOW.

Looks amazing though, I hope I get to ride it between opening and it falling down.

If this ride sucks, I will lose all faith in mankind. Only a month until it is officially announced.

Wow, that is one strange element. FAR better than a Zero G <3

^ Almost likes it's never been done before.

maverick.jpg

:wink:

People showed skeptisism when Gravity Group built their first 90 degree turn on Hades, and it seemed to have been a successful element. I'd like to think that if Mountain Top is building the element, then they firmly believe it is doable on a wooden coaster.

Yeah some of the pics on TPR have been insane and that wtf element some us dubbed "sharktopus" looks wicked. Should be quite a coaster.
Deal sealed: Taking a trip to Missouri next year!

Can we just agree that the line between wood coasters and steel coasters has been blurred to such an extent as to be indeterminate at this point?

Remember, this ride might use Rocky Mountain trains. From what we've seen, I'm starting to get the feeling that these new trains are going to be really light. A heavy train would probably shred that element; the only logical explanation I can think of is a combination of it being stronger than it looks and the trains being really light.

Hyde244 said:
People showed skeptisism when Gravity Group built their first 90 degree turn on Hades, and it seemed to have been a successful element. I'd like to think that if Mountain Top is building the element, then they firmly believe it is doable on a wooden coaster.

Funny, I bet people said the same thing about a loop.

But, you know, these guys have SO much experience building their own rides from scratch...

They do have experience building up coasters in general.

What exactly would the difference be outside of not having a whole lot of experience designing rides?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

^ Because they might not yet know what is faulty and glitchy, and what 'works' and what doesn't... Kind of.

So they are doing what Intamin does on a ride to ride basis...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure if i like this. A regular woodie made well is always fantastic- why didn't they just get GCI or GG to make an airtime-filled twister? It seems pointless to make it look wooden when you start to do Stengel dives and all this crap. I'd rather see one of those high-five elements.

Ben said:
Hyde244 said:

Funny, I bet people said the same thing about a loop.

But, you know, these guys have SO much experience building their own rides from scratch...

The difference is that this is RMC and Son of Beast was built by RCCA, who already sucked at roller coaster designing when Son of Beast was unveiled. The rest of their rides are nothing to write home about either. New Texas Giant, on the other hand, is just fine, so RMC already has a good reputation to back them up.

If you want to look at it from an engineering viewpoint, there's this thing called iteration. I'm positive that RMC studied New Texas Giant and took what they learned and applied it to this ride. All engineering firms do this for constant improvement.

Also, many of you are missing the point. This is a whole new type of ride. SDC could have ordered a new steel coaster or a new wood coaster, but instead they chose this as they felt it would earn them the most bang for their buck. RCM is trailblazing a new niche in the amusement industry and that's usually what it takes to be a successful engineering company, despite what a small group of enthusiasts say.

Status
Not open for further replies.