What's new

Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Rocky Mountain Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Silver Dollar City |"Unknown"| Wooden Hybrid Coaster

Those pictures make me Extremely excited for this. Do we know anything about the rest of the layout though?

According to SDCFans after that anti-bank it aims back towards the lift hill, goes through the lift hill and turns back towards the station, he said that it means the coaster can't be more than 3500 feet long unless there's a huge twister section on the back-side. No clue what else will be happening but I imagine there's going to be a lot of air-time hills with it.

B&MintaminGCI said:
7624413324_d3021d2909_b.jpg

7624411898_702be4f89c_b.jpg

7624410422_49fc38576c_b.jpg

From BDG on TPR.

f***in hell, does it even obey the laws of physics?
Well, that's some wicked stuff

Something I've been wondering about regarding this coaster is the color. If I'm correct it uses the same system as New Texas Giant, which had rails painted red. Do you think that this could have painted/colored rails too?

And that transition looks like it's REALLY going to whip you around. Can't wait to see how much!

I think they would have painted the rails before installing them? Would make sense.

It seems, random, at this point. I mean the element is cool and all, but I would like to see how it fits into the rest of the layout.

2012Jarrett said:
Something I've been wondering about regarding this coaster is the color. If I'm correct it uses the same system as New Texas Giant, which had rails painted red. Do you think that this could have painted/colored rails too?

And that transition looks like it's REALLY going to whip you around. Can't wait to see how much!

This one isn't using the I-Box Track on Outlaw like what they did with NTG. Outlaw is entirely topper track.

Source:
http://www.rockymtnconstruction.com/index.html

Now we've seen the whole element, I'm not interested anymore. Its pointless. Its not even a Stengel! It needed to have at least one side of it that followed the banking as an exit or entrance, ie a Stengel dive.

Weightless ness and head choppers all in one element, Oh sweet jesus.

Martyn B said:
Now we've seen the whole element, I'm not interested anymore. Its pointless. Its not even a Stengel! It needed to have at least one side of it that followed the banking as an exit or entrance, ie a Stengel dive.

Really? Pointless? In what way? Just because it doesn't follow the pattern of a Stengel? I'm seriously wondering.

It appears to me that it's one of the most innovative elements we've seen in years. But that's just me.

^That statement may be post of the year material, and also quite a good innuendo :p

I'm still a sucker for innovation!

Out of interest, do we have any members who can get to SDC easily?

Ok I really don't see the big deal. It's a twisty overbank. On a woodie.

Martyn B said:

I have to agree. Although i'm sure it will probably to a fun element, it's not that interesting in my opinion.

*prepares for wave of comebacks from fanboys*

Martyn B said:
Why does it have to be a stengel? Why is having a turn that follows the banking direction necessary? Can't it just be a twisty bit of track because its cool and it will fling you around a bit (Like those turns on Maverick for instance?)

As a side note, why do theme park enthusiasts have to be such hipsters?...Always wanting to be the first to claim how disinterested they are, or how "un-special" something is.

Ah well, have fun behind your computer not riding anything, and turning your nose up at the stuff you eventually do :roll:

Gazza said:
Ah well, have fun behind your computer not riding anything, and turning your nose up at the stuff you eventually do :roll:

Doesn't mean we won't ride it, just means we're not WOWED by the element.

You seemingly were before?

This could be mega <3

Regardless, saying that you don't like something because the turn banks the wrong way is basically the opposite end of the spectrum to fanboyisim, but just as annoying to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.