Re: Silver Dollar City |"Unknown"| Wooden Hybrid Coaster

It's confirmed to be a roll. Pics will come tomorrow from Midwestinfoguide.com

I sooooo want to gloat right now :3

But I shant...til tomorrow xD

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Wooden Hybrid Coaster for Silver Dollar City

tomahawKSU said:
This is nothing but good in my opinion. I'll put my money down on a Zero-G roll and a nice underground segment.

Third post of the topic and I called it! IF the second part is true as well (which I HIGHLY doubt) then I am a flipping genius.

Don't know how this news could upset anyone though.

-starts looking for ways to get to SDC-

This looks like its going to be a winner and at the very least its different and different is always a good thing.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Silver Dollar City |

Youngster Joey said:
This looks like its going to be a winner and at the very least its different and different is always a good thing.

yqGdb.jpg

Erm... no. Different is NOT always a good thing.

TomahawKSU, there is apparently tunnels on this thanks to someone getting a backstage tour of the ride.

You know what, I actually don't really want to ride it anymore. It just seems a bit "LOOK WHAT WE CAN DO", to add a Zero-G to the ride. I still don't quite get it.

Do we have proof that is has one yet? I was hoping it would be a stengel dive...

Pictures will be up today at some point on Midwest Info Guide.

^^ Isnt that what EVERY coaster does, whether it is height, speed, degree of drop or number of inversions?

Not really. There's LOADS of coasters out there that are designed for enjoyment, not just to boast what a company can do. So of sorts you're right, but the fact this is a "Wooden Coaster" (even though it is Hybrid), just seems even more that Rocky Mountain are saying, "Look, we can have more intricate inversions for Wooden Coasters".

Lofty said:
Not really. There's LOADS of coasters out there that are designed for enjoyment, not just to boast what a company can do. So of sorts you're right, but the fact this is a "Wooden Coaster" (even though it is Hybrid), just seems even more that Rocky Mountain are saying, "Look, we can have more intricate inversions for Wooden Coasters".

Yeah, I get what you are saying, but I don't see how it's a bad thing. I mean, B&M do the same, Intamin do the same. Nearly every company takes a well established design/type of coaster and goes "But look, we can do something NEW with this".

I get that this is a Wooden, and it isn't very traditional. But, I'm all for things evolving and trying something new. Son of Beast clearly didn't make it, but maybe this will.

Im sorry Lofty, but playing a "gimmick" argument while almost every new coaster out there produced by all manufacturers is a pretty lame argument here.

Im with Arly on this, we are witnessing the evolution of what a Wooden Rollercoaster is. RMC is pushing the concept of boundaries we set upon coasters based on the history of the industry, and I honestly couldn't be happier for them.

For all we know, this ride could start up an increase of production based solely in the wooden coaster industry, and bring about new concepts not done before for wooden coasters because of preconcieved limits on what a wooden coaster can do.

^ But Intricks, it is a gimmick. Besides the park already has Wildfire, so the inversion won't bring much more to the table. Thats the difference between a gimmick which brings a new experience (a Wing Coaster for example), and a gimmick like this. It just sounds cool.

Plus, at the end of the day Intricks, I'm saying "I don't understand it". As in Me, you know an opinion. At the end of the day, yours doesn't agree with mine, I was explaining my thoughts and opinions on this, I'm not going to try and change your mind, so don't try and do it with mine. :)

Ethan said:
^ But Intricks, it is a gimmick. Besides the park already has Wildfire, so the inversion won't bring much more to the table. Thats the difference between a gimmick which brings a new experience (a Wing Coaster for example), and a gimmick like this. It just sounds cool.

And how does a Zero-G on a Wooden coaster not bring a new experience to the park?

Lofty, Im not trying to change your opinion, Im just arguing against it.

Ethan said:

I don't deny it's a gimmick, for all intents and purposes it IS. But, I have to disagree with you on the wingrider part. IMO, that's a gimmick too. It doesn't do much different to what a inverting B&M does. It's just a different seating position.

So yeah, I do agree that it's a gimmick in that fact that wooden rollercoasters haven't ever done this, and don't particulary need too, BUT, it could start a new era, just like the wingriders did/have.

Every roller coaster and flat ride that has ever been built has been a gimmick. That's what amusement parks are. Bob wants to make money, so he opens an amusement park. Problem: no one comes to the amusement park. Solution: build a roller coaster to lure people to the amusement park. Now Bob has money. Problem solved. It's all a gimmick. That doesn't mean we can't love them. But every ride is a gimmick.

If I were buying a new car, I'd surely buy from the manufacturer that's pushing the limits of modern engineering and creating components/features which "boast" what they can do. Because if they can do that, then every other aspect of the car will likely be top notch as well.

It just seems silly to write off this coaster as a gimmick when all we've seen is a lift hill, the back of the drop, and the entry to this element. I have a feeling that the success of this coaster will depend highly on what happens after the roll.

Oh, and I'm excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.