What's new

NEMESIS: SUB-TERRA [Alton 2012]

Re: New Indoor Ride for Alton in 2012

40a6cac2.jpg

www.coasterupdates.com

Uber big!

Witchcraft!!!

Everyone knows that diggers are excellent natural climbers, practically arboreal!

With a hole of mud that big and winter rain forecast (winter <3) I call aquatrax! Or shenanigans, or something. :p

I remember John Wardley saying once that obviously the height limit at Alton Towers can be frustrating at times, but it often forces them to work in unique ways, and I think this is a good example of that. A lot of places would just build a shed and put the ride in it, but for AT it's easier for them to dig a massive hold and build from that. No doubt it'll look like a massive shed when it's done anyway, though. Merlin do love their big metal boxes.

Riderater has just posted some pictures of what the ride could look like. They are on his website and it looks like it will be in a tin shed. Oh good old predictable merlin.

owenrita121 said:
Riderater has just posted some pictures of what the ride could look like. They are on his website and it looks like it will be in a tin shed. Oh good old predictable merlin.

You mean that a theme park is putting a dark ride in a tin shed?

:shock:

A little more than a tin shed...the same colour, but that's about it. More like a warehouse!

um1uE.jpg

YVw4P.jpg

1enU3.jpg

I presume the big hole is where the ride(s) will be... :p

ivmFi.jpg

An overview of the area...

Yay, I was hoping Merlin would move on from making all their shops out of these into just using them for the entire ride.

Urgh.

Not the best looking building. It does fit in with the Forbidden Valley theme though.