What's new

NEMESIS: SUB-TERRA [Alton 2012]

Re: New Indoor Ride for Alton in 2012

Thekingin64 said:
Martyn B said:
Thekingin64 said:
^Hey!! At least I support a decent team.... :p

So how did Ipswich do agains't Norwich last season?

:lol:

You were just lucky and especcialy lucky to be in the preimership at the moment.

You do sound rather bitter :lol:

Lucky would have been 1-0 and 2-1, with late goals and own goals, not 4-1 and 5-1.Alright, we did punch above our weight to get into the Prem, but oh well.

Anyway, back to the ride...

New Indoor Ride for Alton in 2012

To answer someone's earlier question, I believe the drop tower has been confirmed hasn't it? Hopefully it won't be rubbish when combined with theming (nemesis theming to be precise!)

Communicating through the ether... (tapatalk)

Ok, the site is 'coaster force' not 'footie force' go to the anything goes section or a football forum for that.

Sorry, I didn't realise you were given Moderator status....

New Indoor Ride for Alton in 2012

Martyn B said:
Ok, the site is 'coaster force' not 'footie force' go to the anything goes section or a football forum for that.

Sorry, I didn't realise you were given Moderator status....

Perhaps not but he's still entitled to comment on the off-topicness of your post!

Communicating through the ether... (tapatalk)

I still don't get why they are adding a drop tower or drop towers , when they got thi3teen a year ago and that's just a little drop tower with some track really.

Because that is a coaster not a drop tower. Even 2 drop towers is acceptable in a park but it isn't even a drop tower.

I'm with Owen.

The marketing hook of Th13teen was its dropping section. If they highlight that too much in this it'll fail. But this is more of a vertical dark ride than a drop tower.

It also seems more an experience like hex, less about the actual ride more the theme and full experience, the drop is there for a little bit of thrill and to play with levels.

But unless they've got another dirty great gothic mansion to play with, it's hard to see them recreating the same standard of atmosphere you get with Hex?

No, not the same theme, its nemesis, all about nemesis. The organic creature held down by the coaster. That theme and atmosphere.

Yeah, I know that and I didn't mention theme - I was just using Hex as an example of probably Alton's most atmospheric setting for a ride, which is what turned an apparently mediocre ride experience into a work of brilliance.
Th13teen meanwhile, it doesn't work, as it's always obvious that you're in a warehouse or similar; my point was that there'll need to be some SERIOUS effort on Alton's part if they're to create something that's more 'experience' than 'ride' this time around. Obviously, the original Nemesis did it as well, but that was a hell of a long time ago now...

(And I've confused myself here - hopefully someone else can explain what I mean a bit better? :?)

I get you, Alton needs to pull all the stops for themeing of this to work or else, as you say, it will be another Th1346473teen warehouse with a papier machet statue in it. I want it to work and as Alton hopefully realise that their oldest ride is the best (even I admit it is, and notice my profile) and do the old girl justice.

blivvies biggest fan said:
I want it to work and as Alton hopefully realise that their oldest ride is the best
(even I admit it is, and notice my profile) and do the old girl justice.

Their oldest coaster is their best?

So, you hope they're doing loads of work on Beastie to make it amazing for next year then I take it?

I think that was his point, he is 'Blivvies biggest fan' yet still thinks Nemesis is better :?

Suprised there isn't any construction pictures for this yet as they haven't got very long to build it, unless they aren't going to upload any construction pics on the mini site?

Do we even know where the site is? And yes that was my point. It's success was huge and is a better whole coaster than oblivion which I love because it is a drop tower into the ground from the comfort of a B&M seat.