What's new

NEMESIS: SUB-TERRA [Alton 2012]

Re: New Indoor Ride for Alton in 2012

Found this in the news section of the what lies beneath site, dont know if its been posted yet

'Osbourne has been settling into his new role as ‘Director of Fear’ over the past week and is working alongside Alton Towers Resort’s Fear Experts to develop the concept for the attraction. He is already talking about putting a heart rate monitor at the attraction’s exit to record just how scary it is.'

Remind anyone of anything?

^
Yeah, because other rides before Th13teen didn't bother doing a similar type of marketing, you're entirely right.

Blackpool had heart rate monitors at the entrance and exit to PMBO when it first opened so you could see how excited the ride made you.

Mine was lower coming off than it was going on :lol:

I don't understand the point of a heart rate monitor at the end, by the time you get there, your heart rate would have dropped. I think they only make sense when used in the way that Blue Fire uses it.. During the ride, when it actually affects you.

As my mum just brung up, if they do it for research and not just marketing, it could get intresting results and could prove handy when someone needs something similar for a research task in school/college/uni.

I think it's pure marketing to be honest, they would monitor on ride if it was a study and different people respond different to others, of your scared of rides or the theming it will be high if not lower etc, I reckon it's a complete marketing thing

^ I know it is just marketing. I (well, my mum) just brung up due to it could be used for that.

^I don't want to diss your mum (actually I really do, so badly!), so I'll just say that no, there's no way it's being used for research in any way, shape or form.

What the actual **** is brung?

Stop saying brung. That's nowhere even near a word.

Jesus CHRIST. North Wales must have the worst English teachers ever <///3 apartfromgavinobv

Bit gimmicky, but it should be interesting. I'm very into statistics, you know. :)

I think it's sometimes worth clicking profiles and checking someone's age before unleashing Hitler's grammar commands at 14-year-olds.

I've been clicking on this topic hoping for construction updates for the past couple of days only to find out the debate about grammar and Ipswich Football Team is still going strong.

Tom G said:
I think it's sometimes worth clicking profiles and checking someone's age before unleashing Hitler's grammar commands at 14-year-olds.

Being 14 doesn't mean your brain doesn't work...

And a majority of 14 year olds should have a basic knowledge of spelling/grammar of which 'brung' is just lazy English. And no more football, back to N:WLB. I read somewhere it is 99% sure it's drop tower and from the plans seems very likely. Can anyone confirm or have the towers remained quiet as usual?

Martyn B said:
Thekingin64 said:
^Hey!! At least I support a decent team.... :p

So how did Ipswich do agains't Norwich last season?

:lol:

You were just lucky and especcialy lucky to be in the preimership at the moment.

Back on topic, I think This is going to be a drop tower or something similar to a Vekoma Pandoras box. It's not clear though.