What's new

NEMESIS: SUB-TERRA [Alton 2012]

Re: New Indoor Ride for Alton in 2012

^Uh, I see canvas in that first picture sweetie...
Fail, that's sandwich panel!

Uh, so, no real point to your post was there?
Yes there is, because the ride building isn't in the small shipping containers.

The shop is.

The beast/monster/alien will be housed in the ride building, not the shop.

I love how you're all forgetting...

THOSE PLANS WERE FAKE.

^You seemed pretty bothered by the fake plans too though... :roll:

;)

^^ Yeah, your large comment a few comments back and lots of pictures proving your point seems to suggest you are quite worked up about it. They're steel structures and shipping containers. Is anyone else bothered it isn't canvas? Canvas is also less hard wearing AND temporary. It's a ride.

Initially this discussion started when we didn't know they were fake, and then I was just responding to posts aimed at me.

You'll notice in that post I said it was pointless because the plans were fake, so, your point is?

Having been serving for a year in a supply platoon, I can definitely attest that the military does use shipping containers. On bigger field exercises, we were carrying around four of them:
1 water container. This was filled to the brim with water cans. We used a bog-standard green 20' container, because the battalion didn't want to spend money on a proper thermo container.
1 food container. Another twenty-footer, this one filled with cardboard crates with field rations.
1 oil-and-stuff container. This one was a ten-footer, carrying the various chemical compounds, oil, hydraulic fluids, etc, used to keep the artillery going.
1 stuff container. A field depot in a twenty-footer. This one was actually quite fancy, with electric lights. It contained a few items of everything one might need, from spare tents to extra pencils, in numbered shelves. It reminded us most of all of a travelling shop, which I guess it actually was, to some extent.

It should be said, though, that those four containers were the only ones we used, for a battalion with 500 soldiers. All the field HQs and stuff were tents. So were the medical areas. Then again, the "corpse carriers" were also containers. Luckily, we never got to use them.

Ben said:
Initially this discussion started when we didn't know they were fake, and then I was just responding to posts aimed at me.

You'll notice in that post I said it was pointless because the plans were fake, so, your point is?
Just clarifying, was it the fanmade Sketchup Model considered 'fake', or are those plans right at the start of the topic fake too?

^The fanmade one is obviously the one that's fake...

The plans on the council website are real, but, don't give too much of the look away, so I won't judge them on that.

New Indoor Ride for Alton in 2012

I am totally not interested in this ride, people are trying to make a big deal out of it and there really it nothing to make a big deal out of.

It's going either of 2 ways, either really bad and ruin the nemesis theme or really well and compliment the area. I want it to go well but...

marc said:
I am totally not interested in this ride, people are trying to make a big deal out of it and there really it nothing to make a big deal out of.

BUT ITZ @ ALTON TUWARZ

^ Thanks for that, Waffles.

I think the ride will add quite a bit to the storyline of Nemesis. I really think it will be a compliment to the area by the plans, just hoping it will.

New Indoor Ride for Alton in 2012

Let's get facts correct here.

If Alton really cared about the story of Nemesis they would still play the main sound track but they don't.

I don't get what the fuss is with some small drop towers.

Whatever.

Well, no.. they must care for it a bit seeing as they have the story printed in the chip shop next to Nemesis? Why would they put it there if they didn't care. Alton know exactly how much the legend means to people, hence this new ride that plays to it.

And if by the main soundtrack, you mean the one with the narration, then I'm quite glad they don't play it, as that would sound stupid playing in the area.. Most people wouldn't be able to hear the entire thing anyway, its better that they play the narration-less soundtrack. I mean, its not exactly THAT different tbh.

And while they may be small drop towers, I'm not gunna judge it before I've actually gone on it, or before they've even announced what the ride experience will be. Heck, maybe it won't be any good, but surely you should save that kind of whining till after its open?

Crazycoaster said:
Well, no.. they must care for it a bit seeing as they have the story printed in the chip shop next to Nemesis? Why would they put it there if they didn't care. Alton know exactly how much the legend means to people, hence this new ride that plays to it.
I really don't think that would enter as highly on Alton's lists of 'things-to-care-about" as you might think. ;)

Crazycoaster said:
And if by the main soundtrack, you mean the one with the narration, then I'm quite glad they don't play it, as that would sound stupid playing in the area.. Most people wouldn't be able to hear the entire thing anyway, its better that they play the narration-less soundtrack. I mean, its not exactly THAT different tbh.
NEMESIS!!!!

Yeah, I agree it might not always want to be the full version, but the atrocity they play at the moment is just... **** painful.

blivvies biggest fan said:
I want it to go well

I don't, I want it to go ****.

They should just fill the hole with sand and water and call it the McCann Pit.

What? Why would you want it to go bad? Do you like it when parks fail on large projects? Essentially wasting millions? Strange. And I especially want it to go well, it's my faivorite overall park area and do want the old girl done justice.

^...Fairly sure he was being sarcastic. Why would people anticipate being disappointed? Of course we "want it to go well"!

Personally I'm not so thrilled about the ride but that's purely because I'm a wee bit terrified of drop towers...

Ben said:
^The fanmade one is obviously the one that's fake...

The plans on the council website are real, but, don't give too much of the look away, so I won't judge them on that.
Apologies. You used the word 'plans', so I was confused as to whether that was referring to the 3D model built, which aren't 'plans' in my interpretation of what a plan is.

So back to what we were saying, if you look at the plans submitted to council, the only use of shipping containers is a pair of them for the ride shop. Its not like the ride building is a shipping container is it?

So why the original complaint?

My original complaint was from when we thought the fake, fan-made plans were real.

The shipping containers as a shop are still upsetting because Merlin are literally doing that for EVERY new ride at the moment, and so it'll have the same shop as Th13teen. Which is lazy.