What's new

NEMESIS: SUB-TERRA [Alton 2012]

New Indoor Ride for Alton in 2012

I thought that was just speculation and wasn't actually confirmed?

Communicating through the ether... (tapatalk)

Re: New Indoor Ride for Alton in 2012

Az said:
I thought that was just speculation and wasn't actually confirmed?

Communicating through the ether... (tapatalk)

That's true, although, the person who told me, actually works at The Towers and didn't **** or sugar coat it. They spoke in a knowing fashion rather than guessing. Ollie and Maddie were there at the same time.

A couple of people have all individually been told it by different "high up" people...

Double post...

Facebook just said...

"Alton Towers Resort recruits a 'Director of Fear'

Jack Osbourne joins forces with Alton Towers Resort in a terrifying new role!
The adrenaline junkie has been employed to ensure that the Theme Park’s forthcoming attraction; due to open on 24th March 2012, is the most terrifying to date. Check out our 2012 site- Nemesis: What Lies Beneath for more information - http://www.altontowers.com/2012/news/"

And there's a photo of him looking not entirely un****able <3

316300_10150448574311201_21765316200_10764356_641763364_n.jpg

24th March... shoulda been 25th March <3

^That. But there is also this...

As well as the new ride next year they're also getting ICE AGE 4D.
UK Park News said:
It has just been confirmed that ‘Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs – The 4-D Experience’ shall be added to Alton Towers for the 2012 season.

The attraction, which is to be Alton Towers first delve into 4D Cinema, is to be designed and supplied by Canadian company Simex-Iwerks’. It shall feature a combination of clips from the 3rd Ice Age film, with an array of ‘physical’ effects taking place in the auditorium.

The 4D Experience is to be combined with an Ice Age themed area, as well as two Ice Age themed rooms in the Splash Landings Hotel.

This shall be the 2nd addition for Alton Towers in the 2012 season, alongside Nemesis – What Lies Beneath?
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 3364_n.jpg

Oh Jesus...

Were the rights to all the good animated films taken?

Here's a crap video from the photo shoot. Nothing of interest about the ride, but it might keep Ben busy for 5 minutes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYJgXlGiSLo[/youtube]

Way to shoot down all the good stunts done so far for it...

FFS Towers...

And Ice Age, Merlin need to try and grab IPs that are gaining momentum and in the current interest... Saw, Ice Age, Shrek? All dying brands... Need better ideas...

SERIOUSLY

When did Jack Osbourne get so hot?

What a bear <3

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

I know what bears you're talking about ben. That is not a bear, although he does freak me out since he speaks exactly like plod. So maybe he does count as a bear since they scare me as well...

Ben said:
SERIOUSLY

What a bear <3

Almost died of laughter.

Then felt sick.

And omfg wtf why are marketing people so out of touch with the creative vision.

Joey said:
And omfg wtf why are marketing people so out of touch with the creative vision.

This.

Seriously what is up with the marketing team at Alton? I thought they got rid of the woman that was coming up with all the stupid marketing stunts like "Speedos banned in the waterpark" and "Sex banned in the hotel." This is as bad as those, its got literally nothing to do with the whole Nemesis theme at all.

Eugh :x

Wow, I think that was possibly the most irrelevant video to do with the new ride I've seen yet.
Wasn't it themed around nemesis, lol

Ben said:
SERIOUSLY

What a bear <3

Um, never? We're still waiting for that to happen ;)

Ben said:
SERIOUSLY

What a bear <3

Anyway, back on topic..... :lol:

Seriously, why are AT hyping this up by using nobodies from the celebrity world? I just hope this isn't going to be a Th13teen style flop.

To be fair, and this isn't just coming from the fact I'm still fapping to him, he's not exactly a nobody.

I'm willing to bet almost everyone here knows who he is, and has known for a fair few years. Is it entirely appropiate? Probably not. Is he an utter nobody like, say, that tart from The Only Way Is Essex they had in that Th13teen calendar shoot? Also, no.

So, yeah, people saying it's the worst thing Alton have ever done (EVERYTHING is the worst thing Alton have ever done, apparently...), just remember what we got last time...

amy-childs-105580681.jpg

and **** you Lofty, you like absolute beasts.

I just genuinely don't get the logic that if it's something people are familiar with, it'll make them want to go. Because it won't. No unless it's popular at the moment, or nostalgic. And things like that cost a lot of money and don't have a lot of life left.

I'd genuinely like to know how much something like say, the Saw brand, contributed to people coming to go on the ride and if it payed off. Saw I think is their best attempt at using a brand, despite the argument that it's outdated, because the ride wasn't placing it's entire worth on it. It was a small part of it, a marketing point, not the sole thing that carried the attraction. But even though it's their most successful attempt, I'm dubious if the cost of it payed off. How many people who wouldn't have gone to ride it, went to ride it because of the Saw brand? I doubt many. But where the brand comes into use is marketing, more people heard about the ride (worldwide) because of the brand tie in. People talked about it more. But I'm still skeptical of it's power. It just seems like a lot of money to pay out for very little return.

With this Jack ****, well... Had they done the same with with, I dunno, an Alton Towers employee... then yeah this would be more successful. The reason I don't get it is what does it actually serve at all? Is it trying to get the ride known about to the audience who follow celebrity magazines? Like, I dunno, seems completely the WRONG direction based on the marketing of the attraction thus far (like the website).

I can't help but think that marketing people are sheep, and they follow trends because the industry said they work. No one's actually bothered to find out if they do. But, I must be wrong, it must work... and the nation must be full of idiots. How depressing.

Also, Jack isn't outstanding looking, but he has improved like ten fold. He is quite fit now. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... nkbone.JPG

Oh, that photo's put me off...

I don't for one second think that Alton needs celebrities to endorse its rides like this, and I think it's stupid.

BUT.

I'm just saying, at least he's better looking/an actual person than Amy Childs <///3 So they've done worse...

I first heard about Alton's new Ice Age 4D experience today and my heart sank when I thought it was going to be the Forbidden Valley attraction. Fortunately, this isn't the case! Thank god...

Ben said:
I'm willing to bet almost everyone here knows who he is, and has known for a fair few years. Is it entirely appropiate? Probably not. Is he an utter nobody like, say, that tart from The Only Way Is Essex they had in that Th13teen calendar shoot? Also, no.

I don't know, he's only well known due to the success and reputation of his parents.

AT need to move away from using celebrities or silly stunts to endorse their new rides. I'm just hoping that this new attraction won't be an overhyped frog hopper with a radioactive sign slapped on top.