What's new

Formula 1™ Topic

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Re: Formula One 2011

Vettel world champion, congrats you smug twat, lets see you in a McLaren or Ferrari with a good team mate and see how average you look.

Button for me is the driver of the year, he has gone up LOADS in my book this year. He'd best get 2nd in the championship.

Hamilton once again dissapoints. Can't believe that people actually still think this guy is the best driver on the grid.

Ben

CF Legend

They'd get more viewers with a decent season... Maybe they should start the next one by removing Vettel's knee caps with a rusty crowbar. That would make it better.

But, yeah, Button's been the best driver this year, Vettel's just in an amazing car. A real shame.

Although he does show off Webber for the moron he is.

Ben

CF Legend

No... The rose tinted ones?

Loads of people have said Button's driven the best this year, it's not just me =[

marc

CF Legend
Formula One 2011

He's been great since about hungry, before that very hit and miss average tbh. Better year than Lewis though that's for sure.

jayjay

Giga Poster

Hamilton would be excellent if he didn't try going for opportunities that didn't exist or having poor lapses of judgement. He's got some fantastic pace, good overtaking skills. He could have had 2nd in this championship if it weren't for all his mistakes. Button's just been consistent and he's definitely upped his game lately. If Mclaren pull a good car out next year, I'd really like to see a good championship battle.

Vettel's a fantastic driver on raw pace. Yes the car's brilliant, but he's still very fast. It doesn't make for the best races but I think he is a perfect driver for winning championships. Just get pole, stay out front and don't make mistakes (which he hasn't done so much this year... bar Germany).

marc

CF Legend
Formula One 2011

Alonso is actually the best driver on the grid, I hate to say it but it's true.

Lewis just needs to get his head out the clouds.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Hamilton is by far the best 'driver' (going back a few months that is). Well. Hamilton is the best racer.

I'd say Alonso is probably the quickest driver. Button is the best at preserving his car.

Put Vettel in a Ferrari and he'd probably be as quick as Alonso. Put him in a McLaren and I reckon Button would outdo him as he manages his tyres better.

Credit has to go to both Kobayashi (just because he's a drifter), Perez (who never seems to pit) and Di Resta (who's had a stunning rookie year).

Will

Strata Poster

marc said:
Lewis just needs to get his head out the clouds.
That's putting it politely :p

At least after a slightly disappointing Japanese effort, we've still got fights for constructors positions and 2nd place etc. to look forward to, even if the commentators were talking on Sunday as if the season was already over - there's some exciting tracks still to come :)

Smithy

Strata Poster

Purely going off of the F1 game, Korea looks great and the back straight on India will be fun :(

Martyn B

CF Legend

Button has had a very good end to the season, and it makes you think of what the table would be like if he didn't have to retire them 2 races in a row.

I didn't used to like Hamilton, but he is brilliant entertainment, especially if he's near Massa :lol:

And Vettel is obviously a good driver, but its clear his car is out of this world, he just pulls away from the pack at such a pace. Singapore was a good example.

Pierre

Strata Poster

I think Alonso is the most intelligent driver out there.

If Hamilton could add some intelligence to his drive and aggression he wouldn't be in half the **** he finds himself in every other week.

jayjay

Giga Poster

marc said:
Korea was rubbish last year, mind you it did rain.

Were we watching the same race? I enjoyed Korea last year. It looks like a nice interesting layout to drive too. Especially the end part of the lap. Possibly difficult to overtake though due to the endless barrage of medium speed corners that immediately follow each other. Needs more races for me to make an opinion.

Brazil should be good because it's Brazil. They've had the good sense not to end with Abu Dhabi. For a layout that's supposed to encourage overtaking (I'm guessing so by the long straights), it really doesn't.

Tomatron

Giga Poster

In the context of the championship situation, it was eventful and memorable, but it took a lot of outside influence (the weather) to make it happen.

I wonder how much of the surrounding area has been constructed, as most of the area near the track was still a building site last year.

Will

Strata Poster

De La Rosa making another return to the grid (for HRT) next year then, by the sounds of it?
Anyone else asking 'Whyyyyyy?'
Hope it's Liuzzi he spites...

Meanwhile, I wish Force India would announce their line-up sooner rather than later, it's a little nail-biting...