What's new

Formula 1™ Topic

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Re: Formula One 2011

^Liuzzi's well out of there I reckon, but Ricciardo should get a Toro Rosso drive too. They're not going to go to the effort of putting him in a different team for 6 months to not give him a proper drive the year after.

Hulkenberg & Di Resta ftw at Force India!

marc

CF Legend

^Agree with you Rob.

Williams is interesting me at the moment as well as they might need 2 drivers, plus the Renault situation.

Martyn

Giga Poster

Saw this today, HRT's rear wing:

384890_231130093620709_102855529781500_586391_1017052472_n.jpg

Not sure if it's a shoop or whether they just have a good sense of humour!

Will

Strata Poster

robbeal said:
Hulkenberg & Di Resta ftw at Force India!
No. Not enough experience between them - for a team that's come such a long way over the last couple of years, that'd be a massive step backwards.
Hopefully, all will be revealed at the weekend.

Martyn B

CF Legend

That Di Resta chap as the personality of a fish.

The guy needs to learn to **** smile when he has a good race.

marc

CF Legend
Formula One 2011

And if he does he then gets called cocky like others have in the past lol.

Will that's a good line up tbh, Lewis was team leader in his 2nd year and won the title and Kovy only have 1 year in F1 before joining. Both Paul and Nico are experienced drivers.

nealbie

CF Legend

How many of us have F1 2011 on the PS3?

It'd be fantastic if we could get a big enough group of people for a proper online race/championship as a bit of fun over both this and the roller coaster off-season! :p

Pierre

Strata Poster

Good news (I think!) for fans of F1 who aren't fans of other sports.

Sky are covering F1 on a DEDICATED F1 channel, you can receive this by subscribing to the sports pack OR by subscribing to just the HD pack without the sports.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/new ... F1-channel

I **** knew Sky would come up trumps with this, it sometimes costs a lot of money but Sky are the **** bomb.

Ben

CF Legend

^Not... really seeing as you HAVE to take out either Sky Sports or HD, both of which are quite a considerable amount a month extra on top of what you already have to pay to have Sky in the first place.

Them coming up trumps would be launching that channel... And then not swindling you for it. They're still taking a sport that used to be free to watch onto a premium part of an already premium service. Nah, **** that. I hate when companies try to pass off them raping you up the arse as some form of passionate, romantic love-making. They're pretending they've booked us a hotel in the Cotswolds with a spa day and rose petals on the bed, when really they're raping us behind a Lidl and dumping our corpses just outside of Bristol <//3

Pierre

Strata Poster

but considering the initial thought was you having to take a sky sports sub at an extra 26 a month when you can just take the hd pack at 10 a month is surely good news. As well as all your other hd content you get the dedicated f1 channel which is clearly going to have much much more content than we currently get. Worth it in my opinion... Looking forward to it!

marc

CF Legend

This Sky deal has totally **** me off.

In order to get the new channel you either need Sky + HD or Sky Sports 1 and 2. If you only have 1 and 2 you just get standard F1 if you have Sky Sports 1 and 2 HD you get F1 in HD.

Its only £10 extra for HD but you have to get the HD box and connection.

For us Virgin users we don't know what we will get yet, we will have to wait and find out. Some are saying it will be XL HD users (me) will get it free and others are saying we need to get the sports package.

Why none of us cannot just get the new channel I don't know it seems stupid.

The BBC are showing 10 races of which only 3 are normally any good. I don't get it as they said they did not want to travel far so why China, Korea etc.

2002 Sky done a F1 channel that you paid for, it failed as will this.

Smithy

Strata Poster

About the BBC Marc, they're travelling to ALL the races, they're only showing those ten live without the time delay, the rest will still get the full works of coverage for two hours highlight show, just at a delayed (prime time Saturday/Sunday too) slot.

As somebody with a full Sky Sports HD subscription, good news for me, although I'd MUCH rather it stayed as it was as I fancy Sky will drain most of the best bits about it.

And I have F1 2011 too, got boring awfully quick.

Ben

CF Legend

But, you have to have Sky in the first place...

The ten quid is extra on top of what you already pay for Sky, hence being a premium price on an already premium service. Sky haven't got it for the love of their customers, they get £10 a month for a sport that shows, what, twice a month? Plus what you're already paying to have Sky anyway...

I've GOT Sky Sports, but, I still find it a bit gross, and a total kick in the balls after what we got for free with the BBC.

marc

CF Legend

Smithy said:
About the BBC Marc, they're travelling to ALL the races, they're only showing those ten live without the time delay, the rest will still get the full works of coverage for two hours highlight show, just at a delayed (prime time Saturday/Sunday too) slot.

As somebody with a full Sky Sports HD subscription, good news for me, although I'd MUCH rather it stayed as it was as I fancy Sky will drain most of the best bits about it.

And I have F1 2011 too, got boring awfully quick.

Yes sorry you are right, it was assumed they would not go.

This whole deal just sucks, its just Bernie trying to make more money.

The new channel does look good but I am not paying extra for it thats for sure. If I cannot see all the races live I won't bother with any of them. I am the type of person who cannot wait for highlight programs and races are not the same when not live.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Seems a strange choice of races for the BBC to show tbh, I imagine they've tried to pick the ones they think will not leave it too long between live races they get to show.

Can't wait for the first set of viewing figures, I fully expect BBC's highlights package to trounce Sky's live showing, personally can't see Sky sticking with it past this deal.

marc

CF Legend
Formula One 2011

The bbc will not travel to all races next year, the commentary will be done in a studio etc. The only races they will travel to are the live ones. This is how it was done in the 80's and 90's before they showed all races live. They will travel to euro races but not places like Australia for example.

Brundle has now confirmed he is moving to Sky. No idea on the bbc line up yet.

Smithy

Strata Poster

[q]The presentation team will be at all the races, including those that are not being broadcast live on BBC television. Full details of the team will be revealed at a later date.[/q]

That's from the BBC, are you referring to the entire production team? As the above is what I was basing my comments around.

Brundle to Sky is a money move (he said so himself) but he's also doing every race live, personally I see it as Sky paying over the odds because they know of the 'fanbase' Brundle and his gridwalks have.

Can't wait for a live race to clash on the two, not only will the BBC trounce viewing figures on Sky but I fancy EJ will stay with BBC to do gridwalks and no doubt bump into Brundle at the same time :p

nealbie

CF Legend

Now we have the best F1 driver ever on the same grid as the most successful driver again. Joy!

Will will be most horrified. Raikkonen + Renault = Poor Force India :p