What's new

Formula 1™ Topic

Smithy

Strata Poster
Re: Formula One 2011

Don't want to burst your bubble Ciall, but Sky are making a move for Wimbledon coverage too.

Dave

CF Legend

ciallkennett said:
Having said all that, Sky can go suck my dick. First it was the football being taken from the BBC, then it was boxing, cricket (which I don't enjoy but know a vast number of people who do), some tennis coverage...the list goes on.

Sky Sports has been far superior in their football coverage to the degree I'd pay good money not to listen to Garth Crooks give a appalling review of a goal on the BBC. Apart from the Football League coverage I think Sky on this matter is better. At F1, probably not.

Pierre

Strata Poster

I'm really excited to find out how Sky cover it.

The only people moaning about it are the people who are too tight to pay for Sky ;)

Pierre

Strata Poster

The only people moaning about it are the people who are too tight to pay for Sky ;)

jayjay

Giga Poster

Pierre said:

Because however many hundred pounds a year is worth it for watching a few F1 races early...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

jayjay said:
Pierre said:

Because however many hundred pounds a year is worth it for watching a few F1 races early...

Well, if F1 really is that important to you; if you're really that big a fan, then yes. If you didn't really care and
just found it "nice because it's free", then meh ;)

I'll bet a lot of people have the Sky Sports pack anyway for football and the like - you tend to find "big event" sports fans watch all the major sporting events and pay for Sky Sports for that reason.

Did anyone find out any more deals, like will it just be the overnight races on Sky Sports or what?

Martyn

Giga Poster

I think the only ones they've confirmed will be on the BBC are the British GP, the Monaco GP and the last round of the season.

marc

CF Legend
Formula One 2011

I cannot afford £25 a month for sky sports so I am going to miss out on the only sport I really watch.

I am hoping they will use the BBC team and not John Watson and that ben Collins idiot :(

Ben

CF Legend

Oh Ben Collins is GROSS.

Can't they just have shoved this year's on Sky. Since it's been CRAP.

Though yay for Jenson yesterday <3

robbeal

Hyper Poster

I'd love to have Sky, but its an expense thats not necessary, its a luxury we'd need to really consider, so its a shame. Having watched pretty much every race since 1995, I would genuinely consider paying for it, but its a lot of money. Having said that, i'd happily watch GP2/GP3 etc, but without Sky its not happening, so its followed on paper and online, and I make do with that.

Martyn

Giga Poster

Martyn B said:
Nothing like ruining the exciment of the race with a good ad break ;)

Sky have claimed they won't run ads during the actual race.

Obviously they'll just stuff the pre and post shows with ads instead!

marc

CF Legend

ITV never said they would not have adverts and from the 1st season they had them during the race, anyone remember Hungry when they missed Hill passing MS when he was in the Arrows. That was ITV's 1st season.

marc

CF Legend

And from what I have been reading on F1 forums not many are going to get Sky Sports as its not worth it for 10 races.

Bernie is employing a team to make sure all illegal feeds are shut down.

marc

CF Legend

Yep but they amount of videos they get removed from youtube shows its works.