Staff member
Administrator
Re: Formula One 2011

Still can't believe I lost out to Chris by a single point in the Monaco GP. ;D

Ben

CF Legend

You could just SEE the B&M mincing in the background then <3

Also, this race is proper dull. Again. Oh look, Vettel's winning. Again. Woo. And it's all safety car. Joy.

Dave

CF Legend

I'm in for some good points on the F1 fantasy. With Vettel, Button and Kobayashi in my team

jayjay

Giga Poster

I had Di Resta, Petrov, Kobayashi and Hamilton. If the race had been stopped after the red flag, that would have been better for me. But instead I'm settling for 5th/7th.

But I'm glad it wasn't because that ending was just brilliant! Button was superb and Vettel didn't win which makes it even better!

jayjay

Giga Poster

Vettel's third and it's a wet race (correct if wrong, but I don't think Seb has won a wet race yet this year). Tomorrow (hopefully) could give some others a chance. Personally I can't wait for the race that he crashes out. Partly because his Fantasy League value will plummet and my non-Vettel team might stand a chance (I don't particularly like him, but Alonso winning would make me happy tomorrow).

jayjay

Giga Poster

Barney Francis, managing director of Sky Sports, said: "This is fantastic news for F1 fans

No.

I can see Radio 5 Live becoming more popular next year. I hope Sky's coverage is awful and they have massively low viewing figures

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

I was thinking about this. Have the Beeb ditched all the odd timed grands prix and kept all the Sunday afternoon type ones? SO the ones that always have good viewing figures they've kept, those that only the hardcore fans watch are the ones on Sky? It would make sense in terms of a viewership:value ratio.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster

I'm quite annoyed at this, but then I have to take a step back and think about it from a wider angle.

Sport broadcasting is commercial and a business. Those who bid the highest are therefore going to get the coverage. Although a vast number of license fee payers enjoy a wide range of sports, it's not for everyone, and the BBC know that. If they spend vast amounts of money on sport it'll enrage a large number of license fee payers, and that's something the BBC would rather not happen. Plus, they can hardly afford the vast number of pounds for exclusive coverage of a sporting calender which - in the prospective of things - takes up a small amount of broadcasting time a year.

Having said all that, Sky can go suck my dick. First it was the football being taken from the BBC, then it was boxing, cricket (which I don't enjoy but know a vast number of people who do), some tennis coverage...the list goes on.

It seems sooner or later we'll either only maintain coverage of the 'traditional' BBC sport broadcasts such as Wimbledon, some major horse-racing events and the World Cup...

Martyn B

CF Legend

I was thinking about this. Have the Beeb ditched all the odd timed grands prix and kept all the Sunday afternoon type ones? SO the ones that always have good viewing figures they've kept, those that only the hardcore fans watch are the ones on Sky? It would make sense in terms of a viewership:value ratio.

I was thinking that. We may not actually loose out that much if that is the case.

My biggest concern is to do with the programme itself, it is just SO good, the BBC have done a fantastic job with it....

But on the plus side, it does guarantee F1 to be on the BBC until 2018.