What's new

Formula 1™ Topic

marc

CF Legend
Formula One 2011

EJ and Jake will only be doing the full races and the 2 hour show, they will not be at the races that the 40min highlights will be shown.

The sky team is a lot better, the bbc team tbh is rather weak, they need a lead and at the moment there are none in the picture.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Re: Formula One 2011

Where've you seen that Mark? I've seen them say presentation team will be at every race and assumed that meant Jake etc...

Seems like Sky have done what they want to do with tennis, poach the talent from it's rivals and hope it'll gel together.

Not fussed tbh, of the ones that have gone all I'll miss is the grid walk, which I fancy EJ will take a whole new level of cringe next year. As long as they don't bring Legard back I'm happy.

marc

CF Legend
Formula One 2011

Jake is doing the Olympics so how can he be at the races?

People on a f1 forum have said it, they also got the Sky team right so we will see.

On the 40 min programmes there will be no pre race or after race, just driver interviews.

Dc will be at every race as will others but not EJ and Jake. People have asked Jake on Twitter.

The bbc are after John Watson or Ben, 2 of the worst F1 commentators ever to grace the tv.

Also Steve Ryder will not be the Jake of Sky someone else is doing that.

Martyn B

CF Legend

40 minute show? I heard the highlights were either going to be a full 2 hour re-run at 2pm, or a 90min highlight show at 5pm?

T0M

Hyper Poster

Murray Walker is making a comeback to the BBC, a source says. A pal said the part-time nature of the BBC's 2012 coverage suits him down to the ground given that he is now in his 90s.

marc

CF Legend
Formula One 2011

Worst move the bbc can make tbh. I love Murry but he is past it and that showed up in the one session he done this year.

The bbc are just doing it to boost rating and it's wrong.

And sorry I meant 90 min show.

jayjay

Giga Poster

Tom G said:
a source says.

And this source is?

I'd need to see him doing some proper commentary again before I knew whether I agree with this, but I didn't think his commentary of a lap of "new silverstone" was stellar.

Patrick

Hyper Poster

marc said:
I bet rubbish Petrov stays in F1 he has big backers :(

Theres a rumour going round that he might be replacing Glock at Marussia, supose it makes sense that they'd want a Russian driver though.

They don't call him Paytrov for nothing :(

marc

CF Legend

Tbh Glock has been so poor its untrue getting beat by a team mate that was also dropped.

I hope Virgin can afford a lot of spare parts if they take him.

jayjay

Giga Poster

marc said:
BBC have signed Ben Edwards as I thought they might.

I 100% will not watch the BBC next year I cannot stand him.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96736
Maybe it's just because I've always seen him commentating alongside Tim Harvey (useless man), but I don't mind him too much. The thing that annoys me mostly is the way he reacts to crashes in an over the top "AAAGHHH IT'S CHAOS" manner (see LINK). So I'm used to seeing him do shorter action packed races, so it'll be interesting to see how he deals with the long periods of not much happening in the f1 races. We'll still have DC in the commentary box anyway. He had a shaky start, but as a first year of commentating, I don't think he was too bad.

marc

CF Legend

Martyn

Giga Poster

Wasn't expecting that move from Torro Rosso!

Jean Eric Vergne and Daniel Ricciardo replacing Jaime Alguersuari and Sebastian Buemi.

marc

CF Legend
Formula One 2011

Yep it was said some weeks ago that it could happen.

Let's be honest neither done a great job and Webber probably has 1 year left and neither could replace him.

They both did a few good races and I actually think alg is a bit unlucky not to keep the drive.

jayjay

Giga Poster

Dunno about the other guy. Ricciardo, ignoring his two retirements, managed to outrace Liuzzi more times than not. But I suppose it's hard to judge when your car is way down the rankings. Hopefully next year, we'll see clearer evidence. Can't see why they got rid of the other two though. Some nice race pace they had.