What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zierer

Re: "Unknown" Multi-Launch Zierer thing for BGWilliamsburg

^ People are hating on it cause it isn't Intamin, but rather Zierer.

Switching between the hideouts'...

bizarrofan10 said:
50 mph means family, and lapbars only means no inversions.
Not necessarily, even though 50 mph may seem slow, it can still be a pretty intense ride. Also there are several new coasters with Inversions with just a lap-bar, and Zierer is one of those company's that supply just that (wicked)...

But then again I kind of agree with you that it will be a family ride, since that is what the park needs, but it doesn't mean that it's thrilling, looking at Lisebergbanan <3

That logo is laughable. It's REALLY bad. The actual wording is like something somebody did in "Word Art" on Microsoft Word. The little lightning bolt is actually alright, I like that, as for the rest of the logo. A serious need to LOL is on me..

I like the name and the logo, it's just a shame the ride looks like a complete errant turd.

Backlot Stunt Coaster seems comparable, yeah. Because that ride's dire as well.

Are they actually going to build this or sub contract it out?

With the drop section I wonder if they will buy the off Intamin and use it?

^Now that is confusing i would have thought they would not be allowed to do that as that is intamins creation unless they are making there own modified version ?

Re: Re: "Unknown" Multi-Launch Zierer thing for BGWilliamsbu

marc said:

Where has it been said that there is a drop section like 13? This ride is claiming to have worlds firsts (unless theyve changed the wording from the last time I read up on it), so that immediately gets rid of the drop zone from 13.

Edit: Seems as though they've changed the wording from Worlds first, to First in the US. That brings back the 13 drop area, but I don't really see where it would fit in, even IN the event building.

Zierer's Wicked was kinda sick, but this layout looks like ****. And I highly doubt there will be any drop section, and because this ride has "World's firsts" I have a feeling its gonna suck. I'd love to see a larger scale of Wicked though...

loefet said:
bizarrofan10 said:
50 mph means family, and lapbars only means no inversions.
Not necessarily, even though 50 mph may seem slow, it can still be a pretty intense ride. Also there are several new coasters with Inversions with just a lap-bar, and Zierer is one of those company's that supply just that (wicked)...
Family doesn't meen not intense. I thought the 43 mph launch on Backlot to be kinda thrilling. Family means it appeals to larger masses (the whole family) rather than just intense thrill seekers. This will be a family coaster, regardless of its intensity.

Jet Rescue at Sea World goes a mere 43 mph (70km/h)...Its a family launch coaster, but is bloody insane.
Its not so much the top speed that matters tbh.

Re: Re: "Unknown" Multi-Launch Zierer thing for BGWilliamsbu

Intricks said:
marc said:

Where has it been said that there is a drop section like 13? This ride is claiming to have worlds firsts (unless theyve changed the wording from the last time I read up on it), so that immediately gets rid of the drop zone from 13.

Edit: Seems as though they've changed the wording from Worlds first, to First in the US. That brings back the 13 drop area, but I don't really see where it would fit in, even IN the event building.

Um, do you realise just how much of a small footprint that drop section actually has? It's TINY. It would EASILY fit inside the building, even taking into account the rest of the layout...

Re: "Verbolten" Multi-Launch Zierer for BGWilliamsburg

No, I dont know the size of a drop zone as the only reference out there is in the UK, and pictures dont give a proper scale of an exact size. I honestly don't believe this is getting a drop zone (as it is still pure speculation to my knowledge) and going by the teaser vid, what is being shown in the event building plans and what little concept art there is out there, I dont suspect (nor see in the event building plans) a drop zone being used here.

There is a layout pic showing whats going down inside the building, and from what I can remember, you could clearly see there was a horizontal drop.

The one that is a top view and at an angle, or the front view? I dont know how to read those plans, and I've found sites citing "Wordls firsts" and others saying "US Firsts".

If it is worlds firsts, then god only knows what the **** is going to happen. If it is US firsts, then a drifting coaster with a drop zone seems legit.

Just because they're calling it a world first, doesn't mean it actually is. Parks do it all the while, espceilly when the park with the current 'world first' is 7000 miles away...

34.png

Look over to the left side of the building from this angle(14c/15a). That is clearly a drop section...

^ True there is a drop section involved in the plans.

^^^ If BGE was a small, low key park, then yes, I could understand a mistake with the phrasing of worlds vs US's firsts. They arent, and from somewhere deep in the recess of my mind, from another topic I remember someone sayong Busch Gardens is now owned by someone or some company that is a tied in with the UK. Dolly didnt claim to have the worlds first Wing Coaster, but Americas. Thats the same relative distance between Dollywood-Port Aventura as it is to BGE-Alton. They did their research, and Im guessing people posting it are mixing it up on other info sites (Screamscape has posted wrong info before, as have others).

^^ Ah...now I can see where it happens. Still seems unneccesary though.

^Why would PortAventura care about the advertising of Wing Walkers...?

And of course, Busch and Merlin now share a common parent company as well, but, the impact on day-to-day life is probably somewhere between bugger and all.