What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zierer

Re: "Verbolten" Multi-Launch Zierer for BGWilliamsburg

^^ Isnt Baco there or is that elsewhere? I wasnt sure, but Port Aventira sounded right as to the location of Furius Baco...if Im wrong, Im wrong.

Ah, I knew they were connected to Merlin somehow, but wasnt 100 on it, so just said UK instead. As to the day tp day talk, no, there may be none, but I would guess that there is some form of central database for info to be looked up on within the company.

Regardless of that, it takes how long to google something...

Switching between the hideouts'...

^Oh, well, yeah, but, you'd be able to advertise the first B&M one as a World's First perfectly fine (like Alton did with Air), and that's at Gardaland.

Martyn B said:
Just because they're calling it a world first, doesn't mean it actually is. Parks do it all the while
Exactly. Look at Maverick and the "World's First Terra coaster". It's just a bunch of ****.

I think the drop zone is very clear in the plans. I mean look at michaelll's post. Clearly, it's a drop section like thirteen. I DO NOT think that it will be a drifting coaster. I mean isn't a little hard to drift while there is 16 cars to work with? If it was a drifting coaster, they would probably make single cars.

Verdict: Drop Zone coaster. No drift. U.S first.

One, its US Firsts. The teaser video shows a car drifting around turns due to rainy conditions. If the train is supposed to hold 16 people per train, I'd go with 4 cars per train (especially if they are having 5 trains for this ride). That is easily done so long as they have the proper technology. Based on the one showing the track within the event building and how it is going to interact with the scenery inside as well, I can see a drift happening to make the feeling of no control of a car happening even more so.

I only doubted the drop zone because of the way they had it worded in the very beginning (World's firsts), and how a lot of places were posting it with both Worlds firsts and United States firsts. I went back to a lot of those sites, and they had changed it back to US firsts. Another reason I doubted the drop zone is because I have no idea how much room is actually needed for it to happen. To me, it seemed like it would need more room than being shown inside the event building. I was wrong.

Still the same person as it was before, but a picture from her facebook page.

Raja Gemini btw.

Intricks said:
One, its US Firsts. The teaser video shows a car drifting around turns due to rainy conditions. If the train is supposed to hold 16 people per train, I'd go with 4 cars per train (especially if they are having 5 trains for this ride). That is easily done so long as they have the proper technology. Based on the one showing the track within the event building and how it is going to interact with the scenery inside as well, I can see a drift happening to make the feeling of no control of a car happening even more so.

I only doubted the drop zone because of the way they had it worded in the very beginning (World's firsts), and how a lot of places were posting it with both Worlds firsts and United States firsts. I went back to a lot of those sites, and they had changed it back to US firsts. Another reason I doubted the drop zone is because I have no idea how much room is actually needed for it to happen. To me, it seemed like it would need more room than being shown inside the event building. I was wrong.

I HIGHLY doubt it's going to "Drift". If it's going to be on the outside of the track, fine, it's kind of possible. If it's on the inside of the building. Not a chance. There's too much inside the building to think about clearance and such. If I was you, just wait until something is apparent, construction wise, before sprouting off YET more rumours.

I'd say calling it a world's first is alright... Is it the first launching coaster they've built? Is it the first dropping coaster they've built? Then yes, world's first.

Thirteen's drop mechanism WASN'T the world's first if you're going to get pedantic, it was just the first Intamin to do it. Winjas Fear does it just before the station. Judging by the way Winjas doesn't even stop to do it's bounce, I'd say you don't need much room for a mechanism like this. I guess Verbolten will do it like Thirteen though.

I've seen park's make worse offences, so I'd say leave BGW to say what they want about this.

^ Zierer have done one "launched" ride already, Wicked. Also the bounce on Winjas is just that, a bounce, not a drop in the same sense as Thirteen and this.
The bounce track on Winjas is always connected to the next bit at the forward end with a hinge, it's only the back end that drops, much like one end of a see-saw...

Also I'm doubting the drifting cars, since I still believe that they are basing this ride on the ECS coasters. But who know maybe they have done some re-designing...

^^^ Im basing this off of the teaser vid and the fact that they've said firsts/surprises when it was first talked about and just recently as well. The building is seemingly huge, and only on one turn does it go through some scenary (at least according to the leaked prints). Could easily be done imo.

^^ HI!

^ Actually, couldnt Verbolten do what Winjas Fear does? Like, you go into a dead end and then you hear some noise and the front of the track collapses down to meet up with the exit track instead of the whole track dropping? If Intamin has the patent on drop zone, that gives you a technical drop, but it goes around any patents in the way (if there are any that is).

I DO NOT think that it will be a drifting coaster. I mean isn't a little hard to drift while there is 16 cars to work with? If it was a drifting coaster, they would probably make single cars.
I dont see the issue, I mean Intamin and other manufactuers make 'multi car train' spinning coasters (Eg Comet Express), so isn't a drifting coaster just a spinner like these, that only spins partially left and right?

. If it's on the inside of the building. Not a chance. There's too much inside the building to think about clearance and such.
Too much for your mind to think about perhaps, but why wouldn't they just build the damn theming to be sufficiently far from the track?
Zierer are gonna know the exact maximum limits it can drift in either direction, and hence the distance it goes outside the normal centerline.
And these things get done in CAD/BIM, which have collision detection tools built in (I mean, normally you use it to make sure a pipe isn't running through an air duct or something stupid like that, but no reason it couldn;t be used in this manner...Have a look at this image from Vekoma, and you can see how the track layout is like a giant sausage, because they have modeled the clearance envelope
ZAPg.gif

http://www.coastersandmore.com/pic/eas06/ZAPg.gif
So you'd just import the theming too into the file, and execute the command. Easy!

I mean if they can design rides like Raptor and X-Flight, with its huge clearance envelope requirements to safely get through gaps in theming, then why not do the same here? I might only require say an extra 1m either side to allow for the drift.

PS, I'm not advocating that this ride does or doesn't drift, I just felt like responding to the poor arguments put forward.

yea i don't know if back lot will be similar to this or not
i hope for BGW's sake that the theming, twists, and turns are more than backlot has to offer
the logo isn't to flashy but you can't judge the ride on its logo alone
still its BG so it has to be interesting to say the least

If there is a drop area it would be cool it it was somehow on the bridge right before the final drop!

3.5 minute ride? That seems long, especially after looking at the track layout...

even at a 52mph launch, this could still be really exciting!
Again, like many others have said, I dont think any of us expect this to be a fantastic crazy thrill ride, but its going to be a really fun and exciting roller coaster. Also its pretty long which is always a good thing.

^^ Its that long because it is a powered ride to the event building where you get launched. Im sure the event building has something happen scene wise at the drop area as well.

I feel this ride is still going to be very exiting, even if it is family themed.
The launch will make it more exiting especially if there is more than one.

I feel this ride is still going to be very exiting, even if it is family themed.
The launch will make it more exiting especially if there is more than one.

^ That is pretty much standard on new rides this day. It's becoming as common as ORP's are.
Just another way for the parks to make more money...