What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zierer

Re: "Unknown" Multi-Launch Zierer thing for BGWilliamsburg

Well, to be fair, has anybody ridden one of Zierers Elevated Seating Coasters (Force One, or Crossbow....Jerry in particular for the latter, Loefet for the former?)
Those are the most valid comparions, because Verbolten looks like a long one of those.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0DhH70r ... re=related
It seems to travel along pretty briskly...Cant comment on smoothness or whether its crap camera work.

As I said before, they aren't launching a Tivoli coaster, so comparing with the vast majority of Zierers work is not really valid.

If they were getting Zierer to do a ride with inversions etc THEN i'd be questioning the outcome.

^ We were going to ride that one just for this purpose, it was one of the back up plans if Freischütz didn't open which it did so no, maybe Jerry have that one though. Would love to ride one since all the reviews of Force One that I have heard from enthusiast have been very good.
So this might be as well.

I bet most of the "good reviews" include a phrase similiar to "for what it is".

That looks great, for what it is, a budget family coaster for a budget family park.

Since when has BGE been a budget family park...? How would that even hope to look any good next to one of the best B&M collections in the World?

^ Nope...

An announcement date has been given! September 17th. So saturday

:shock: AHHH! I can't wait! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1. While Zeirier is not the sexy name in the roller coaster industry, the "do not judge a book by its cover" lesson comes into play. We don't know if Zeirier will do a good job until we ride the coaster, which none of us has done.

2. We won't know ANY of the specifics of the ride until September 17 (save the date). It could by 200 feet, 70 mph, and have 3 launches and 4 inversions (it probably won't but it could). Why on earth would anyone be bashing the ride if they don't know anything about it? I'd like to see a POV before viocing my opinions. One thing we can be sure of, on the other hand, is incredible theming. It's Busch Gardens after all, right?

bizarrofan10 said:
2. We won't know ANY of the specifics of the ride until September 17 (save the date). It could by 200 feet, 70 mph, and have 3 launches and 4 inversions (it probably won't but it could). Why on earth would anyone be bashing the ride if they don't know anything about it? I'd like to see a POV before viocing my opinions. One thing we can be sure of, on the other hand, is incredible theming. It's Busch Gardens after all, right?

There are always those, um... plans?

Ben said:
bizarrofan10 said:

There are always those, um... plans?

Yeah, just what I was thinking. Yeah, they haven't released an official POV of an animation or anything yet, but they did release, or rather someone found, the plans they had originally for the coaster?!

However, do we think the announcement will be more like how Cedar Fair and Six Flags does it, or more along the lines of what Dollywood did with Wild Eagle?
Does anyone know what BGE have done in the past with rides like griffon when announcing them?
(I mean was there povs, off ride animations, lots of specs, track layout, photos etc)

D1993 said:
However, do we think the announcement will be more like how Cedar Fair and Six Flags does it, or more along the lines of what Dollywood did with Wild Eagle?
Does anyone know what BGE have done in the past with rides like griffon when announcing them?
(I mean was there povs, off ride animations, lots of specs, track layout, photos etc)

If I remember correctly, Griffon had layout images. Animated Pov's and a Trailer for the ride. I think?

^^^the plans were confusing regarding the coaster layout. Did it mention anything regarding the ride stats/dimensions?

No, they didnt. They only showed the layout and what the innards of the building where the supposed "first of its kind" element was supposed to happen.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Aw, man. I hope its different this time around

If it shows the layout, chances are we can take quite a STAB at what the dimensions are...

It's not suddenly going to have a million and one inversions we didn't see, give it up.

Eh, I'm just extremely curious as to the surprise element they are adding to the ride. Thats all I'm waiting to read about honestly.

"Unknown" Multi-Launch Zierer thing for BGWilliamsburg

The surprise will be that it does not suck :)

Ha! Im keeping optimistic about the ride as they are marketing it properly as a family thrill ride.

That and Ive only ridden the Tivoli of theirs, so yea...im keeping optimistic.

^ it surprises me that this will not be very intense and will be a family thrill ride because of what Busch Gardens pulled at their sister tampa bay park. Cheetah hunt has inversions, three launches, and is very forceful. I'd think that Verbolten (or whatever it will be called) would be more intense, luke Chunt, but I guess not. Shame.

When is the announcement going to be made ?