What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zierer

Re: "Unknown" Multi-Launch Zierer thing for BGWilliamsburg

bizarrofan10 said:
^ it surprises me that this will not be very intense and will be a family thrill ride because of what Busch Gardens pulled at their sister tampa bay park. Cheetah hunt has inversions, three launches, and is very forceful. I'd think that Verbolten (or whatever it will be called) would be more intense, luke Chunt, but I guess not. Shame.

If Cheetah Hunt didnt have that barrel roll, it probably would be a family ride too. I mean, it already is in terms of intensity :lol:

^ I think a big thing that was dissapointing about cheetah hunt is that they really pushed the idea of the ride being really fast and thrilling before their announcement. With all their clues and the animations (which actually was FASTER than the real deal, which is never the case) people expected it to be more thrilling. I dont know why theyve advertised it as this crazy launching ride, because its not. Its still a great addition to the park and I suspect a really good ride. However that being said, I think this ride could surprise us. Not much has been said about it, but Im really looking forward to getting the whole picture.

Well, BGW has just released the teaser for the ride that confirms the name Verbolten.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVi3Az8ahcw[/youtube]

The name is simple yet catchy.

My mind=BLOWN. So the announcement is today right? There is nothing on the Busch website about announcement dates or on bgwfans...

I still don't get why they have an L in the name... Perhaps I'd like it better if I was a native English speaker, but to me it just looks as if they haven't bothered to check twice how to write "forbidden" in German...

TomahawKSU said:
Dumb video...

Why? I found it intresting and it helps the GP get introduced to the theming, the ride, etc.

^ I also liked the video it was intresting and catchy.
when are they going to tell us the full details though, concept art, pov ect ?

^^I don't know... So was this the big announcement?
As in:
Intricks said:
An announcement date has been given! September 17th. So saturday
??? :?

Snoo said:
I like the logo
Same. Simple yet somehow... something... Good.

Pokemaniac said:
I still don't get why they have an L in the name... Perhaps I'd like it better if I was a native English speaker, but to me it just looks as if they haven't bothered to check twice how to write "forbidden" in German...

I'm guessing they're using "Verbolten" instead of "Verboten" due to the emphasis in the teaser video on lightning and weather changes. Also, since the logo is a bolt of lightning, the name incorporates "bolt," giving us "Verbolten." Just my opinion.

Yay for my first post!!

Yeah, I think it's a play on words where you mix the German word "verboten" (forbidden) and the English word "bolt". It's quite clever and sounds rather exotic, which is the ultimate goal of a name in a German-themed area.

oriolat2 said:
Yeah, I think it's a play on words where you mix the German word "verboten" (forbidden) and the English word "bolt". It's quite clever and sounds rather exotic, which is the ultimate goal of a name in a German-themed area.
Exactly. Verboten means forbidden, and the logo says "Brave the forbidden forest." The addition of the "L" makes the sub-word "bolt," as in lightning.

As for the ride:
Lap Bars Only!
- 16 people per train!
- Multiple Launches!
- 50+ Miles per hour!

50 mph means family, and lapbars only means no inversions. While this will not be an intense thrill seeker coaster, I suspect that many thrill seekers will enjoy it for its fun, twists, theming, etc. For example, Blacklot Stunt Coaster is really fun even though it's not very forceful or statistically thrilling.

^ It seems like a lot of people are hating on BGW because this isn't a high octane thrill ride while it is clearly meant to be a family ride and Back-Lot Stunt Coaster is a great analogy.