What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg |"Verbolten"| Multi-Launch Zierer

Re: "Verbolten" Multi-Launch Zierer for BGWilliamsburg

My money is on the unique element being right before the final drop the track will tilt down at a 45* angle and the cars will roll down the track which has nothing at the end of it then it'll brake, tilt back up then drop down onto the river.

^^ Well I don't meant like that, but that it is a standard feature that larger parks put on their bigger rides.
It's an optional extra to most coasters today, since it would be stupid by the manufacturers not to have that option...

Looks like a mini drop tower, also going to work pretty much like one.
Wonder how much different this mechanism is to that of an Intamin...

I wonder if Zierer are responsible the drop mechanism? They aren't manufacturers of the launches they do, they told me so at EAS, but they wouldn't admit this had any kind of drop or say anything about it.

^ No coaster company makes their own magnetic launch or brakes system (well Intamin almost does). Intrasys makes most of them, Force Engineering supply Premier rides with LIM units and there is another company that brakes as well (which I can't remember what they are called). So it's nothing strange at all that Zierer makes their own LSM system...

So, is the drop mechanism going to be a surprise on this one (like, in a box?) Or is it going to be out in the open for all to see?

I hope it's not the latter, it's look really ungraceful and ugly </3

loefet said:
^ No coaster company makes their own magnetic launch or brakes system (well Intamin almost does). Intrasys makes most of them, Force Engineering supply Premier rides with LIM units and there is another company that brakes as well (which I can't remember what they are called). So it's nothing strange at all that Zierer makes their own LSM system...
Thanks for that snippet of info! Is there anything you don't know...?

nadroJ said:
So, is the drop mechanism going to be a surprise on this one (like, in a box?) Or is it going to be out in the open for all to see?

I doubt it will be out for all to see as it would look rubbish and completely spoil the surpise...

nadroJ said:

No, its gunna be inside that huge show building that they've put in the plans..

^ Yeah it'll be inside a large show building that is shown on the plans and is currently under construction.

Just like the rest of the ride, looks disappointing.

^ Yeah from the looks of it, its not as good as I was hoping. Initially I thought this was going to be a more intense and wild experience, like cheetah hunt but amplified. It looks though its kinda of the other way around unfortunately. Hopefully its still pretty fun

D1993 said:
I thought this was going to be a more intense and wild experience, like cheetah hunt
Haha, have you been on Cheetah Hunt? :p

D1993 said:
I thought this was going to be a more intense and wild experience, like cheetah hunt
I thought it was going to be a tame and force-less experience, like Cheetah Hunt :)

Hey don't hate on Cheetah Hunt :( what other coaster has multiple-launches?
It looks like this one will have a similar feel to it but with a show room like Thirteen. I think the show room ideas are a waste of money and space, they don't do to much for me.

I think the show room ideas are a waste of money and space, they don't do to much for me.
*eye twitches*

Well, I think this is going to be awesome. Not as awesome as the park's Christmas Red Velvet Cake, mind you, but that's a hard feat. Expecting good things from BGW.

I've also heard Cheetah Hunt is VERY VERY VERY TAME, so I dunno where you got the idea that it's not from. Cheetah Hunt is a family coaster, this is a family coaster. Cheetah Hunt has multiple launches, this has multiple launches. In those respects they are similar.

Oh it is tame for an Intamin (i never said it wasn't), but that is the reason it's my favourite coaster, its not overly forceful, and I just had more fun riding it than anything else at Busch Gardens. I think this will turn out the same as Cheetah Hunt, more of Family coaster with some smooth thrills. I expect the theming will be top notch too.

Like I've said billions of times everywhere it's been brought up, Cheetah Hunt is a wonderful ride although it's not very forceful.

It's just plain fun.

But I'm a sucker for launches and intamins.....so that's why I lean this way.