What's new

Alton Towers | Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure | kiddie

Re: New attraction for former Beastie site?

^ Forget it haha. Not enough room either, let alone the ride being old news! :p

And probably too tall!

Is there a sound restriction on Towers too? Don't know what Knightmare sounds like but the two Schwarzkopfs at FL used to be mega loud.

I don't think we'll see anything too extravagant here. A Zamperla kids spinning coaster like the one at FL might fit the area well to be fair.

^^ Knightmare was pretty loud from what I remember.

Regardless of any sound restrictions, there's more chance that Clacton Pier will get a B&M Wingrider than Alton Towers buying Knightmare.

From pictures I've seen of Knightmare on some urban explorer website it's in a right old state and would probably cost a fair bit to get back into running order, let alone on top of the apparently high price the owners wanted for it.

Knightmare will just never happen.

This isn't realistically likely to be anything other than a kiddie cred given the area, fact there's no permission needed and that it's due to open this year!

Ben said:
Knightmare will just never happen.

This isn't realistically likely to be anything other than a kiddie cred given the area, fact there's no permission needed and that it's due to open this year!

This cannot be stressed enough...

If we're (un)lucky we might even get a Zamperla... But it'll probably be sommat on the scale of a Zierer Force II at the most...

One of the site owners of TowersTimes has specifically mentioned Zamperla and I've also heard it off someone else who knows people at Towers and he mentioned them as well so I'd be surprised if it wasnt a Zamperla.

Any Zierer would be better than a Zamperla! even if they just blagged the old one from legoland Denmark!

Supports for the new coaster have been spotted in the car park, TowersStreet has posted pictures on Facebook and the website.

I'm really liking the colour.

I love the colour of the supports, but I still can't get over the rumour this is a Zamperla. Please not a Zamperla anything but a Zamperla! Here's to hoping for at least a Zierer

Also to ^ I think if I am right Gerstlauer generally concrete their supports in rather than bolting them in, so I guess we can mark out a Gerst.

Some of the photos courtesy of Towers Street!

WP_003176-1024x768.jpg

WP_003174-1024x768.jpg

WP_003177-1024x768.jpg

WP_003178-1024x768.jpg

Looks interesting :D while the kids coasters I have seen are of the box support nature, I don't think we can rule out, Zamperla for example, although i'd like to think it would be like Gerst or Vekoma but we shall see, It should be a good little investment for the area any way so i'm all for it ! :D

^Hmmm...it's very hard to tell at the moment,but the curved stairwell piece (1st pic) seems to suggest a coaster with a curved lift crest rather than the flat one seen on zierer forces.

My bets are currently on a Junior Gert- something like Legoland California's coastersaurus (although I can dream about something like firechaser express). We can't rule Zamperla out yet though ;)

As if this is all we have to look forward to in the UK this year :(

^Well, hopefully they'll get a big coaster next year, especially with Thorpe's being postponed.....

CoasterCrazy said:
^Hmmm...it's very hard to tell at the moment,but the curved stairwell piece (1st pic) seems to suggest a coaster with a curved lift crest rather than the flat one seen on zierer forces.

My bets are currently on a Junior Gert- something like Legoland California's coastersaurus (although I can dream about something like firechaser express). We can't rule Zamperla out yet though ;)

I'm only basing it on what I think would work well. Although, some kind of Gerstlauer family coaster would be cool. Especially one of those shuttle ones!

The supports seem to match Alpina Blitz, so maybe they're getting a Mack Youngstar but Dave over on Towers Street seems quite insistent it's a custom Zamperla.

I do like that there's no planning permission so we have to guess what's going on like the "old" days!

:)