What's new

Alton Towers | Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure | kiddie

Re: Alton Towers | unknown | unknown kiddie coaster

It's a Zierer. I was right, I'm so happy with myself!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

But, do we actually know that it'll be part of CBeebies land, because there seems to be a lot of track/supports for a kiddie coaster and it's not typical CBeebies colours (pink, yellow, purple, etc.)?

I'm pretty sure this is for CBeebies land and I'm pretty sure the colour of the track will match the show it's themed too.

Zierer track is "V-shaped", so that's not it.
epr1ss27840023gs800001.jpg

28v3hq000008meh11ek006.jpg

jno000hgq8470800c73400.jpg

^The track in the car park is closest to Zierer track, so we can assume it is for now, until confirmation.

elephant58 said:
^The track in the car park is closest to Zierer track, so we can assume it is for now, until confirmation.

Actually Zierer is building several rides with the good old Zierer track right now, so if anything we should assume it's not a Zierer.

I've looked at both photos,comparing the 2 its zierer.

_koppen said:
elephant58 said:

Actually Zierer is building several rides with the good old Zierer track right now, so if anything we should assume it's not a Zierer.

So, what's the alternative?

It's a Zamperla. The footers match those on Thunderbolt.

Jared said:
It's a Zamperla. The footers match those on Thunderbolt.

Indeed they do. But, if it is a Zamperla and not a Zierer, it will be interesting to see what they get, because there's quite a bit of stuff there and it would be a new track style.

So what worlds first is there to be had for a kids coaster then :lol:

4D backwards Tweenies-themed coaster, with the station's theme song being the one about trains?

If its not Zamperla or Zierer, I think I know what it might be:

S&S El Loco. Think about it: the track matches up, and the old Beastie site could be a good fit for an El Loco.

So a thrill coaster isn't out of the picture yet.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick said:
If its not Zamperla or Zierer, I think I know what it might be:

S&S El Loco. Think about it: the track matches up, and the old Beastie site could be a good fit for an El Loco.

So a thrill coaster isn't out of the picture yet.

How does the El Loco track looks similar?

What i did notice though on the topic of S&S is that they now do a junior coaster, guessing none have been built (yet) and the online simulation probably doesn't show the correct type of track. They also do a junior el loco.

Would they really go for an El Loco with their DIRE capacity? No, surely not...

elephant58 said:
It's a Zierer. I was right, I'm so happy with myself!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

But, do we actually know that it'll be part of CBeebies land, because there seems to be a lot of track/supports for a kiddie coaster and it's not typical CBeebies colours (pink, yellow, purple, etc.)?

OK, I think I owe you an apology then...your bet seems to be much better than mine! Goes to show just how much of a wild guess speculation can be!

Anyway, the track may not look exactly like a Zierer, but it's certainly closer than to Zierer than to the track by any other manufacturer. Perhaps they've refined their track design slightly? Perhaps its weaker and slimmer to accommodate a smaller and lighter train design? Who knows- speculation will get us nowhere until we have concrete proof.

In any case, we know for sure that colour scheme is going to look....interesting. Metallic blue looks lovely on its own, but when combined with metallic blue supports (they're pretty much the same colour....)? A bit of an eyesore really. Come on Merlin...just give us a coaster where the supports are a actually a different colour to the track, as pretty much every other park chain does!

Every single coaster since Saw (2009) has had a single colour paint job (unless they can help it). I mean, what's their problem?
Well, at least it's not BLACK. Maybe they are making progress ;)

Ok, I guess an El Loco won't happen. But I am sticking with S&S for the manufacturer.

But also remember, Busch Gardens Williamsburg got a S:UF clone without the transfer table station.

^^Exactly. The track in the photo is clearly very similar to Zierer track and is the closing thing we can go off for now. However, it could still be anything yet.....

But I am sticking with S&S for the manufacturer

http://rcdb.com/10745.htm?p=55108

It doesn't really look THAT much like S&S track, but it's not too far off, I suppose.