What's new

Alton Towers | Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure | kiddie

Re: New attraction for former Beastie site?

Wait. There's been rumours about Spinball's removal / relocation for years. What if you combine this cleared space with the area Spinball would leave? Potential SW8 location?

Joey said:
Not that I could even use the water park because I don't have a child.

What? I know loads of people who have visited the water park without children?

They have a 1adult to 1child policy... Or that's what the website says...?

Joey said:
They have a 1adult to 1child policy... Or that's what the website says...?

That means if you take kids, then there must be an equal number of adults for safety reasons - not that you can't go in without kids :lol:

^That's a weird policy in and of itself though, surely?

That means my mum wouldn't have been able to take the three of us?

Hell, my mum and dad wouldn't have been able to take the three of us if they stayed together.

Why would they want to say, no we don't want big families, the ones who need to spend more money.

I'm sure I read somewhere that its to keep a "family atmosphere".

But OK! :D

Edit: Ben, just googled and found that kids 5-9 you only need 1 adult per 2 kids.

Fair enough.

Where the hell did I read that adults must be accompanied by kids to ensure they keep a family atmosphere? That's quite common in small attractions to stop older kids and adults from playing rough and causing problems for younger ones, but I always thought seemed odd at a waterpark.

Joey said:
Edit: Ben, just googled and found that kids 5-9 you only need 1 adult per 2 kids.

Was just about to post that. We had birthday parties for both kids there over the years until it became such poor value for money it wasn't worth it. Originally the adults "per child" got in for free on a party. I think then it changed so you had to pay for everyone :roll:

New attraction for former Beastie site?

Which resorts do include park tickets as DLP does not neither does universal or wdw so why should Alton? DLP charge more for their hotels than Alton do but there is more to do when the park shuts.

And yes they do have strange policies when it comes to the number of adults and kids.

^Tickets are included at DLP? Unless you use a discount like the Annual Pass one.

The Alton Towers hotels are far too expensive for what they are. But if people are stupid enough to pay those prices then Merlin are just going to keep them at those high prices.

Back on topic, again, it will be interesting to see what is really happening with this small part of the park.

marc said:
Which resorts do include park tickets as DLP does not neither does universal or wdw so why should Alton? DLP charge more for their hotels than Alton do but there is more to do when the park shuts.

Okay, we got a special offer, but DLRP was £1000 for four us over Easter last year for 5 days in the park and staying at their hotel four nights.

That's either £50 per person per day at the park, or £62.50 per person per night at the hotel.

Either way, to say the ticket price isn't included seems wrong. It was a billed item on the order, yes, but in essence it was free. There's also an understanding that if you're staying at their hotels, you're having the tickets. It's kind of bundled together naturally.

Compared to Alton, it does show how expensive it is. As Ben says though, if people are willing to pay it then it mustn't be. To be fair to Alton, a Premier inn is about £70 a night standard rate for a room and a lot of the hotels I stay in for work are £70-£150 per person per night. So for a themed room in the UK, I guess it isn't too bad?

I don't know how the system for WDW or Universal works if you can get deals that bundle everything in making it essentially free for the tickets?

That was an offer though Furie, if you don't book with an offer the park tickets for DLP are not included.

There are bound to be offers for Alton that also include tickets.

I am talking about no offers just booking normally like people do for a weekend away last minute.

While reading about how much people have paid to stay at hotels in DLP is nothing short of enthralling, how has this not been mentioned yet?

RCDB said:
When compared to other roller coasters at Alton Towers, this one will set a new record length and be within 3 feet of setting a new record height.

http://rcdb.com/12592.htm

That can't be right, can it?

Wait, what? Maybe its sarcasm meaning it'll be the shortest and smallest. :p

Yes but either way Marc Alton isn't Disney Land, Disney Land has other things to do around the hotel, Alton has nothing unless you want to pay even more...

It is awful that a weekend at PortAventura including flights Is cheapeper than to stay at Altons hotel.
In October I got a 2 day Fright Night pass and a stay in a hotel for £62 per person, compare that to Alton you start to see differences. Yes the customer service Is good but not that good...

Gavin that must have been added late yesterday as that text was not there during the day.

Owen, what can you do for free around Disney...? There's restaurants, shops etc but nothing free.

I still find that child policy strange because there would have been a time when my mum couldn't have taken us but whatever.

RCDB are definitely trolling then, back to speculating.

Ben said:
RCDB are definitely trolling then, back to speculating.

I guess that using some kind of Blackpool measurement system it may end up the second highest against sea level or something? :lol:

It's unlike RCDB to troll though outside of April 1st :D

While I think that the area can have the development, it's still a very sensitive area of the park, so I can imagin eit will be something quiet and unobtrusive - I'm shocked they got away with Spinball!

Anyway, as Gavin is finding it so riveting, I'll carry on the hotel thing :p

marc said:
That was an offer though Furie, if you don't book with an offer the park tickets for DLP are not included.

There are bound to be offers for Alton that also include tickets.

I am talking about no offers just booking normally like people do for a weekend away last minute.

I just checked for this weekend. Alton has a room for £120 for Saturday night at the main hotel (based on two adults two children). I don't think that's unreasonable as I said above.

DLRP in the Newport Bay has a room for £600 for two adults and two children. That sounds a lot more, but it comes with tickets. This isn't a deal, it's just booking a room and there doesn't seem to be any way of removing park tickets. So the £600 includes 2 days for 4 people on park too. I reckon £50 per ticket per person per day and the room is about £200

Hotel Santa Fe is £431 for the night with tickets. Making the hotel essentially 30 quid.

I don't think it's fair to compare as it's Apples to Oranges. Alton has many more deals for days on the park (2-4-1s and bounceback for instance) and I doubt many hotel guests would want the premium of park tickets with their room.

Disney is an international destination where people expect a single package so it's sold differently. I'm sure that Alton would love to be an international destination, but it doesn't have a big enough appeal, so it's just different...

I know what you are saying Furie but there is nothing open at Alton towers this weekend. So your paying £120 for a room for one night to do nothing.

See when I look at DLP I'm looking for two adults only so it's expensive, it's £600 for two not four. Yes it's good they now include tickets as they are £52 a day, however if you have a pass or staff tickets it's just a stupid price and not worth it as you cannot remove the tickets.

Alton is the same if they included tickets and people had a pass would it be worth it? They do give pass discounts.

I know this is swaying more and more off topic, but DLP have always included park tickets in their hotel prices. I've never had to ask for them to be an addition etc.

Years ago you had to buy length of stay tickets, about 7 years ago which was the last time I booked to stay on site. We wanted a day in Paris so I looked at it as a waste of money as we had a ticket we did not want.