What's new

Alton Towers | Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure | kiddie

Re: New attraction for former Beastie site?

Temleh said:
furie said:
I reckon it'll be one of those little spinning coasters like Flamingoland have. The area is small when you take into account a queue line too and it would a perfect coaster for the age group they're aiming at.

Sonic's Junior Spinball? cool)

Well, yeah - it works in my head and surely can't be as controversial as Canada's Wonderland :p

Aren't they thinking of removing Spinball though in the near future? I like Junior Spinball though...

Just found this....http://rcdb.com/12592.htm
Anyway...building a small family coaster without excessive marketing? Investing in something small? Buying a coaster which might not be black? Well, Merlin are full of surprises aren't they?

This seems to be a really nice little project to fill in a gap in Alton's lineup, and spruce up the park. With this and the enchanted forest going in, the park is certainly making steps in the right direction to offer something for a wide variety of demographics.

As for the manufacturer, I think a smaller Vekoma Junior coaster, or even a Gert Shuttle, would be best for the park, but if Zamperla is indeed involved, a Speedy Coaster like Kidi Koasta at Adventure Island, with a bit of theming would be a nice fit. We shall have to see.

Now get us that much needed flat ride!

If it is a cred I'm somehow gonna have to get my arse up to Staffordshire...plus no annual pass...for the sake of a +1. As much as a cred would be beautiful, a playground would also be nice-ish :lol:

Going by what I've read so far, you're looking at around £600 for a tree house room at the Enchanted Village.

It's like the standard hotels just weren't expensive enough... I just do not get their stratagy with their accommodation prices.

^^Looking at it the treehouses are meant to be very, very luxury and that comes with a massive price tag.

Unfortunately, people will probably pay it. The hotel rooms are expensive at roughly £50 a head a night if you fill the room, but, to a lot of people that's not too expensive. I'd happily pay that (especially when I used to have an AP) cause I do always have a great time there.

To be fair, if I had a higher income and a real reason to stay in the treehouse and others willing to contribute, I would stay there. Once.

Hopefully if it is a coaster, it will be well themed. There are enough brighyly coloured Zamperlas around with no theming.

New attraction for former Beastie site?

I really hope it's not the kiddy coaster that adventure island got, that would just be stupid if it is.

Have tbh the new rooms do look nice but it's just far to expensive for what it is with nothing to do at when the park shuts.

Ben people were saying its £600 a night and sleeps 5 but not 5 adults, not sure if they have the right info.. I find it hard to believe they will charge that much.

Well two nights mid week in Early October last year in the main hotel was £262 NOT including park entry. So I can see them trying to flog this for that price easily. The concept is really nice, but the rooms they had on show in the park last year were just average IMO.

The prices for the hotels at Alton are horrendous and the fact the hotel doesn't include park entry is even worse!

As I said though, people are paying the prices so they'll remain high.

You can't say a price is horrendous if people are paying it. It's obviously more than you would pay but remember this is a business and they're in it to make money. So, if people are willing to pay these prices, why wouldn't they charge them?!

We stayed in a Centre Parcs are few weeks back that worked out the same (roughly £50 a night), so what's really the difference?

Anyway, this is starting to go off topic. Yay new cred would be awesome.

When I stayed at the AT Hotel for two nights it cost a fair bit, but the customer service was actually fantastic and the hotel was clean and lovely!

I don't see what's so bad about high prices if the experience at the end of it is a good one! And it's the same for Center Parcs, you pay for quality!

I absolutely love the hotels at Alton but the fact that you need to buy a ticket to the park after paying that much for a night is terrible, but as you say people will are paying those prices so they will continue to charge those prices.

I do think the hotels not including park entry or waterpark entry is disgusting. It kinda voids all purpose of it being a resort and staying on site, imo. But that's Merlin all over. It's not even about money at this point, it's that Merlin are literally arse backwards.

I've never stayed in Merlin's UK hotels, but my complaint of Heide's was that not having air conditioning, working WIFI (non working WIFI is worse than no WIFI, as it highlights that something isn't working, and this wasn't just my visit it's an ongoing complaint.) or a pool is totally unacceptable... It stops the otherwise nicely themed resort vibe dead when stuff like that is overlooked.

I'd love to see how many people return visit to the hotels. I'm sure that doesn't matter all the while new punters keep flowing in, but the services just aren't quite there, I don't think, when you compare to PortAventura or Disney's budget hotels that are cheaper than staying at Alton.

I dunno, I got an off peak price of £446 for 5 nights in the Sequoia lodge at DLP, which included 6 days in the parks.

I guess we as enthusiasts will always find the likes of Alton expensive because we always look for good deals when going abroad. It cost me less than £262 for 3 nights in Salou, return flights and 2 days at PA.

Martyn B said:
I guess we as enthusiasts will always find the likes of Alton expensive because we always look for good deals when going abroad.

Or maybe it is just, really expensive!

The spa massages are lovely though!

I just checked Alton, 5 nights, late March, mid week... £449. Just bed and breakfast. No park tickets. No waterpark.

Not that I could even use the water park because I don't have a child.

Oh my god, Alton Towers are getting a new family/kids cred? Oh wait it's rumoured to be a Zamperla? Never mind then.

Ha in all seriousness, they are dying for a family cred, having Thirteen is fine for the older kids, but not so much for the younger ones. Shame they appear to have cut all ties with Gerstlauetr as their family creds look pretty awesome! Troublesome Trucks was pretty cool, and Die Schlange Von Midgard at Hansa looks pretty neat too! Also a Vekoma Junior Boomerang would be pretty cool, Ben 10 was rather good!

Joey said:
I just checked Alton, 5 nights, late March, mid week... £449. Just bed and breakfast. No park tickets. No waterpark.

Not that I could even use the water park because I don't have a child.

They let me and all my friends in and nobody looked at us weird! Plus we're all adults.

It's expensive but people will pay it! :)

Back on topic...

I looked on Google Maps, and with my trusty finger measurements, I can say that a Roller Skater will either fit perfectly, or be too big.

My second guess is that with Spinball next door, I'd think that maybe we could see a spinning coaster like the one at IAPPA go to Alton, and call it "Spinball Jr" or something.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk