What's new

Alton Towers | Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure | kiddie

Re: New attraction for former Beastie site?

Some of the conversations on other sites are hysterical, people actually complaining because it might be Zamperla, coz they wanted Vekoma or Gerst to make the kiddy coaster ffs!

Wonder if Alton will make this a family with kids ride only lol.

Zamperla are absolutely fine for flat rides and kiddy coasters. They're **** for any remotely bigger coasters. Since this is blatantly a kiddy coaster though, people are being unnecessarily stupid.

^Thank you.
This will clearly be a kids coaster, family at best and will not affect any of us except for the +1 we will get on our coaster count.

I must admit Zamperla are fine for flats definitely, Air Race is pretty good, but i'd have to disagree with the kiddie coaster. Admittedly I have only ridden one Zamperla kids coaster but it was bad. (Runaway Mine Train at Flamingoland) It had a very dull layout and was incredibly jerky/uncomfortable to ride. Sure it was no way near as bad as Hero, but then again what could be worse than a volare?

^Yeah, but isn't that at least 10 years old now? And there's clearly too many supports present for a ride of that size.....

I'm honestly thinking this will be a shuttle coaster of some sort, they are compact and great for children.

If it is a shuttle coaster, I hope it's a Gerst one, as there's a Vekoma one practically next door to it.

elephant58 said:
^Yeah, but isn't that at least 10 years old now? And there's clearly too many supports present for a ride of that size.....

In all fairness it has been relocated, and I am not clued up on the effects of supports, but even then 10 years shouldn't make it that uncomfortable. Treetops coaster at Oakwood is far older and is far more comfortable, and has a far superior layout. I know it's going to be a plus 1 for us, but I am still going to get the cred, and I know i'd much rather queue and ride all the other logical alternatives than a Zamperla.

But this is an actual kiddies coaster, not a family coaster. With a Cbeebies theme.

Who gives a **** if Zamperla is the manufacturer.

I've ridden one Zamperla ride and that was Kiddie Koaster. It was an amazing little family ride that gives 3 decent pops of airtime and has a good 360 helix.

As martyn said, who cares who the manufacturer is. All that matters is that it's a coaster.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Re: Alton Towers | unknown | unknown kiddie coaster

Towers Street just posted a picture of the track to their Facebook
10615505_814658048604641_3757511901855077296_n.jpg

Let comments continue :p

EDIT: Dar beat me to it. Apologies.

Loving the colour so it's worth it for that ;)

Zierer track! That's great, they are a mile better than Zamperla.
I'm wondering which size did they order. Hopefully not the smallest of the line...

That is Zierer Track im hoping its better than the 2 I've been on.

I'm loving the metallic blue tone to the track. It's pretty fab.