What's new

Alton Towers | Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure | kiddie

Re: New attraction for former Beastie site?

Ben said:
Owen, what can you do for free around Disney...? There's restaurants, shops etc but nothing free.

I still find that child policy strange because there would have been a time when my mum couldn't have taken us but whatever.

RCDB are definitely trolling then, back to speculating.
The hotel has a pool at least.

I'm guessing then that this is going to be the smallest coaster with the shortest length?

But that's not exactly hard though, considering the park doesn't even have an actual kiddy cred. Still could be the likes of s Roller Skater.

Doesn't the Mine Train count as a kiddie cred, or is that more of a family coaster?
I'm hoping for a well themed Roller-Skater or something, although I'm not building my hopes up!

The roller skater would be more thrilling than 13.

I find it sad that a park like Alton could end up with an off the shelf coaster, the last one was years ago.

Based on a post rcdb made on Facebook earlier, I'd say they're trolling. They seem to be in a funny mood recently.

RCDB is usually the only site that I find to be strictly professional, as such. It's not like them to start pissing around.

And I don't think there's any harm in getting an off the shelf liddy coaster. The Magic Kingdom and both Universal parks in Orlando have Roller Skaters.

New attraction for former Beastie site?

Yes I know they do and I wish they would not.

The capacity is so bad.

Even a suspended family coaster would be better.

It's not for us anyway.

It wouldn't shock me if they did get a Roller Skater, but, I highly doubt them even bothering doing that and if they did... theming? Not a chance ha.

Rioolrat in Hellendoorn is a really fab Roller Skater with great theming. It would be cool if they could build something similar.

New attraction for former Beastie site?

Same as my thought lofty it will probably just be put there..

Never know they might shock us.

Martyn B said:
RCDB is usually the only site that I find to be strictly professional, as such. It's not like them to start pissing around.

This is what I was thinking. I thought they did everything by the book and only posted things if it was absolutely definite and had been confirmed by the manufacturer and/or the park.

RCDB has also listed Walibi Holland's new coaster as a "Mack Mega coaster (custom)", which hasn't been confirmed either... They either know everything or they have no idea what they are doing.

I always assumed that as the are THE roller coaster database they'd get some sort of inside knowledge. At the end of the day they've put this 'new coaster' at Alton Towers on the site and it hasn't actually been confirmed by anyone official, has it?

I think they have a lot if reliable sources feeding then information and they post *the most likely rumour* at the time. I seem to remember previous installations on there which changed over time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

To be fair I was eventually brought to CF because RCDB listed the Lost River Ride as a Water Coaster.

If it wasn't for their incorrect information you lot might have never been blessed with my presence so be thankful!

Looking at the amount of space available to build upon, is a wild mouse coaster a most likely option? Though with time progressing and the new being preferred by the public, a MACK e-motion coaster would be most likely if the wild mouse type of idea were to go ahead. Speaking of this, are there any height restrictions in that area which would avoid a tallish coaster being placed there?

I saw the RCDB note just now and was thinking of starting a new topic about it! I even made an account just to do so aha, anyway im here now so may as well say that i first thought it could be an error and could be leftover from The Smiler as that would explain the 'record length' not sure about the height though. Shame on RCDB if this is trolling though its got me way too excited!

Sorry i was unclear, i thought that the text noted 'when compared to other rollercoasters at Alton Towers , this one will set a new record length and be within 3 feet of setting a new record height' sounds similar to the description that RCDB could have used for the smiler once it had been confirmed back in 2012.