What's new

What's next for RMC?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
With Joker having been announced, they've proven that they can work with twistier, more modern footprints. With this, I feel like they've proven they have the potential to convert other crappier GCIs; Gwazi and Wildcat come to mind. Roar East should be likely too, considering how it's a clone of Roar West (I think).

I think the coasters that Six Flags would still have eyes on are:

-Roar East
-The Boss
-Georgia Cyclone
-Le Monstre

I also see them working with Cedar Fair circa late 2010s-mid 2020s.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Did RMC not confirm that they were doing a European coaster in the next couple of years?

Did I miss that being announced or are we yet go find out? I know this was what stoked the AT rumours again but even if we forget that for a moment it is still an interesting (and legitimate) lead.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^ Does Wildfire count? ;)

I think RMC needs to do more non-Six Flags rides, and more woodies. Or better yet, a ground-up hybrid or steel coaster. That'd be great.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I don't think an original Iron Horse is likely. Why do that when they can just make it a woodie? Aside from the IBox track, they're pretty much the same thing it terms of layout and design (same trains, same elements/maneuvers).

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Haven't rmc joined up with vekoma for European coasters? Surely that will increase the amount of coasters they can build each year?

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
GuyWithAStick said:
^ Does Wildfire count? ;)

I think RMC needs to do more non-Six Flags rides, and more woodies. Or better yet, a ground-up hybrid or steel coaster. That'd be great.
Ah OK. I had wondered whether I had missed or forgotten about it. Well then I guess we might not see any other European ones for a while....or we might. No real way to guess.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Sanchezmran said:
I don't think an original Iron Horse is likely. Why do that when they can just make it a woodie? Aside from the IBox track, they're pretty much the same thing it terms of layout and design (same trains, same elements/maneuvers).
Why do the reprofilings with steel when they can just make it a wooden coaster, though? ;) I feel like we could one day see an I-box with truss supports like Goliath's.

Ben

CF Legend
I really hope we don't, the IBox isn't as good as the wooden track.

But that is a point, why couldn't they use the wooden track on their conversions? I feel like maybe the steel is just cheaper?

sparky2u

Mega Poster
I'll like to see a RMC build a launched woodie with different inversions like a Vertical Loop, Sidewinder Roll, Inverted Top Hat
etc

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
RMC are much more imaginative than any of these ideas. Your minds will be blown when I make my next post in a few hours.
Prepare for shock and awe! :shock:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: What's next for RMC? New Concept Coaster (page 4)

I'll just leave these here:

monorail1.jpg

monorail2.jpg

monorail3.jpg

monorail4.jpg

monorail5.jpg

Ben

CF Legend

I don't understand what it's meant to achieve?

It's like filled in B&M track?

You might need to explain why it's exciting Jerry.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Ew.

I'm looking forward to hearing what this is for, but I can't help wonder what the point is...

I'm with Ben, this isn't exciting yet, just wtf.

Are they going after PAX?
ep7cc9h0ug005u0u000009.jpg

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

I'd expect a coaster built with that track to be extremely smooth, it looks very strong.

Intricks

Strata Poster

So this means they are ready to debut their first non-conversion steel coaster? How wide is that track btw?

Edit: I obviously cant read worth anything today.