What's new

What's next for RMC?

mouse

Giga Poster
Since returning to the coaster scene after 3 years I have noticed a major change in the theme park industry and the enthusiast community - the dominance of RMC.
They are clearly a lead manufacturer when it comes to popularity amongst enthusiasts, and their coasters have been considered world class since their first in 2011. I know they've been doing lots of retracking etc before new texas giant, but they are still relatively new in the industry and yet they have managed to dominate it with innovative technology and only a handful of coasters.

So what's next for RMC? Where do they go from here?
Will they continue to build their coaster 'empire' with more of the same in other parks? Will they continue at the forefront of coaster innovation to come up with new technologies and coaster types? Will their focus in the future be on steel or wood?
I don't have the knowledge to say, which is why I'm asking the questions instead of giving my opinion :p.
Speculate away!

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
If I had to guess, I would say that the Iron Horse conversions will only be popular for a few more years. I think their custom topper track creations similar to Outlaw Run amd Goliath will really become popular and more common soon. If a park has the space and money, why not just build a completely new coaster from the ground up? This adds to the parks coaster count. I'm hoping that RMC eventually makes the first (well since Son of Beast without the loop) wooden hyper coaster. With their technology, it is possible.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
MORE!

They have shown that both the Iron Horse Conversion and Topper Track model work, and resonate with park goers. The coaster type is a definite novelty, especially for those parks that are tearing down old-era woodies. In which case, RMC's projection could simply be to slot in more of their roller coasters into park lineups that lack large, wooden roller coasters.

In this light, very much the same career path we have seen for Dinn Corp., CCI, GCI, and GG - creating unique wooden coasters that blend in well with roller coaster lineups. RMC carries the unique capacity as well to convert older wooden coasters, helping open further build opportunity.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I can tell you what they're NOT doing:

They're not coming to the UK any time soon. :-(

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Well, technically no, I don't know that, not for certain. I don't have any inside information that says RMC are definitely not coming to these shores.

But still... I just know it. Y'know?

peep

CF Legend
I take it you're unaware of the rumours that Alton were going to get one then in a few years time. Whether that is still a thing after the incident is another thing. Still shows that UK parks are interested so don't rule them out yet.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Howie

Donkey in a hat
peep said:
I take it you're unaware of the rumours that Alton were going to get one then in a few years time. Whether that is still a thing after the incident is another thing. Still shows that UK parks are interested so don't rule them out yet.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I've heard the rumour, sure, but for every whispering that says SW8 will be an RMC, there's another whispering that says it definitely won't be. Even if it is, I can't see it being any time soon. The last thing Alton execs will be thinking about at the moment is what their next coaster will be, rather they'll be trying to figure out what on earth they're gonna do with the last one!
Nah, I've accepted the fact that if I want some Rocky Mountain action, I'm gonna have to go Stateside to get it.

andrus

Giga Poster
What's RMC not gonna do?? I see no limits from here, perhaps with the exception if/when Alan Schilke retires from Ride Centerline...

Here are some thoughts of what might come up:

1) A true wooden hyper

2) A more airtime focused ride

3) A pure steel coaster (I really like the look of the lift support structure on Goliath)

4) More collaborations with S&S; perhaps resulting in a launched woodie or a smooth 4th dimension coaster!

5) And the list goes on...

NemesisRider

Roller Poster
I know that it's probably already being discussed in the Alton Towers forum or something, but I believe one is likely. They have put in some kind of planning for a ride with "timber truss construction" in the Forbidden Valley area. And, as Merlin have been stubborn about getting a woodie so far, RMC could be the manufacturer that finally motivates them to get a woodie (who knows, RMC might already be in talks with Alton Towers ;))

Or it could be another manufacturer. Who knows?

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I'd bet you its not RMC, think more along the lines of a Great Coaster Internationally.

Ben

CF Legend
JJ23W, people with much better connections than you point towards an RMC.

You got fired from Legoland as a ride op you're not in the loop.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Benjamin I have high up sources at Alton Towers, hence how I know what's going to happen to Air. I know the woodie is not happening now.