What's new

What's next for RMC?

With Joker having been announced, they've proven that they can work with twistier, more modern footprints. With this, I feel like they've proven they have the potential to convert other crappier GCIs; Gwazi and Wildcat come to mind. Roar East should be likely too, considering how it's a clone of Roar West (I think).

I think the coasters that Six Flags would still have eyes on are:

-Roar East
-The Boss
-Georgia Cyclone
-Le Monstre

I also see them working with Cedar Fair circa late 2010s-mid 2020s.

Did RMC not confirm that they were doing a European coaster in the next couple of years?

Did I miss that being announced or are we yet go find out? I know this was what stoked the AT rumours again but even if we forget that for a moment it is still an interesting (and legitimate) lead.

^ Does Wildfire count? ;)

I think RMC needs to do more non-Six Flags rides, and more woodies. Or better yet, a ground-up hybrid or steel coaster. That'd be great.

I don't think an original Iron Horse is likely. Why do that when they can just make it a woodie? Aside from the IBox track, they're pretty much the same thing it terms of layout and design (same trains, same elements/maneuvers).

Haven't rmc joined up with vekoma for European coasters? Surely that will increase the amount of coasters they can build each year?

GuyWithAStick said:
^ Does Wildfire count? ;)

I think RMC needs to do more non-Six Flags rides, and more woodies. Or better yet, a ground-up hybrid or steel coaster. That'd be great.
Ah OK. I had wondered whether I had missed or forgotten about it. Well then I guess we might not see any other European ones for a while....or we might. No real way to guess.

Sanchezmran said:
I don't think an original Iron Horse is likely. Why do that when they can just make it a woodie? Aside from the IBox track, they're pretty much the same thing it terms of layout and design (same trains, same elements/maneuvers).
Why do the reprofilings with steel when they can just make it a wooden coaster, though? ;) I feel like we could one day see an I-box with truss supports like Goliath's.

I really hope we don't, the IBox isn't as good as the wooden track.

But that is a point, why couldn't they use the wooden track on their conversions? I feel like maybe the steel is just cheaper?

I'll like to see a RMC build a launched woodie with different inversions like a Vertical Loop, Sidewinder Roll, Inverted Top Hat
etc

RMC are much more imaginative than any of these ideas. Your minds will be blown when I make my next post in a few hours.
Prepare for shock and awe! :shock:

Re: What's next for RMC? New Concept Coaster (page 4)

I'll just leave these here:

monorail1.jpg

monorail2.jpg

monorail3.jpg

monorail4.jpg

monorail5.jpg

I don't understand what it's meant to achieve?

It's like filled in B&M track?

You might need to explain why it's exciting Jerry.

Ew.

I'm looking forward to hearing what this is for, but I can't help wonder what the point is...

I'm with Ben, this isn't exciting yet, just wtf.

Are they going after PAX?
ep7cc9h0ug005u0u000009.jpg

I'd expect a coaster built with that track to be extremely smooth, it looks very strong.

So this means they are ready to debut their first non-conversion steel coaster? How wide is that track btw?

Edit: I obviously cant read worth anything today.

I'm quite confused by this. More info would be much appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk