What's new

What's next for RMC?

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Re: What's next for RMC? New Concept Coaster (page 4)

^Nice work! Thanks!

Admittedly, at first, I wasn't really that impressed with this...but it does seem Fred and ECG are holding back. ;)

Surely this must be about more than turn radius and smoothness? So I had a think. With Alan's involvement in X2 and the recent 4D freefly...couldn't RMC just put a second track below the first with the extra depth of the track?
Could we see the next generation of controlled spinning 4Ds?

I think we could!

BigBad

Mega Poster
Sanchezmran said:
I don't think an original Iron Horse is likely. Why do that when they can just make it a woodie? Aside from the IBox track, they're pretty much the same thing it terms of layout and design (same trains, same elements/maneuvers).
A park could advertise a coaster as the world's longest hybrid, earning a legitimate record without having to build something 7,600 feet long or whatever to pass The Beast.

Edit:
I totally missed the announcement. There could be some advantages regrading construction, like how some have mentioned how few supports would be needed, though I must confess that I don't see how it would lead to radically new designs. There are only so many ways to combine roll, pitch, and yaw, and even if the material can handle high forces, coasters still can't pull 9G turns like fighter planes.

CoasterCrazy said:
Surely this must be about more than turn radius and smoothness? So I had a think. With Alan's involvement in X2 and the recent 4D freefly...couldn't RMC just put a second track below the first with the extra depth of the track?
What advantage would it give over X2, though? I've never been on it, but I would think that RMC's track engineering and construction techniques/tolerances would make the basic Arrow design be smooth, which is probably the complaints about X2.

Superbatboy

Roller Poster

This is great, can't wait to see what comes of the design. I wonder if this will reduce cost enough for parks to install hypers/gigas that previously weren't able to afford one in the past. Not to mention seeing some crazy manuevers we havent seen thus far.

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster

Guys isn't it obvious it's gonna be a lauched flying aquatrax?

Intricks

Strata Poster

BigBad said:
CoasterCrazy said:
What advantage would it give over X2, though? I've never been on it, but I would think that RMC's track engineering and construction techniques/tolerances would make the basic Arrow design be smooth, which is probably the complaints about X2.

It would probably make the spinning transitions a LOT more smoother than the current rock-n-knock they all have. Its bad enough that you do have to brace yourself most of the time for it.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

RMC released renderings of the trains!

train1.jpg

11960167_10153080871708639_3989866034257079815_n.jpg

train3.jpg

train2.jpg

train4.jpg

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

I love the appearance of 6-person cars, but I thought that amounted to less manoeuverability.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Me too. Will be interesting to see what they do with them. The seats do look quite deep too, I wonder if this is to make sure you stay in during all the crazy airtime! :p

They sure look a lot like hyper trains, I wonder if we'll be seeing some crazy spans with the new track?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

Yeah, these don't look to be able to handle certain tight maneuvers like on Cyclone and TC. They remind me of two things in particular: Premier New Gen (though that could just be the two cars) and mostly Giovanola. I agree with Hixee, they look like hyper trains. I could see RMC using this on their own version of the B&M hyper. And I love the thought of it. <3

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Jarrett said:
Yeah, these don't look to be able to handle certain tight maneuvers like on Cyclone and TC. They remind me of two things in particular: Premier New Gen (though that could just be the two cars) and mostly Giovanola. I agree with Hixee, they look like hyper trains. I could see RMC using this on their own version of the B&M hyper. And I love the thought of it. <3
Based on their previous creations, I wouldn't imagine an RMC hyper will have much floater... ;)

Howie

Donkey in a hat

This is all very exciting... but did they by any chance announce any plans to increase their output to more than 3 coasters per year?

Snoo

The Legend

Still have those damn shin restraints. The ONLY detractor from their rides tbh. I wish they would get rid of them. :)

Tomatron

Giga Poster

^They really don't make any difference. You barely notice them.

andrus

Giga Poster

It's not the prettiest of concepts, but I'm sure it will cut down manufacturing costs by quite a bit! However I don't see how it can be stronger than e.g. B&M or Intamin double spine track?

Interesting to see a steel coaster train with 3 rows of seats, don't know when that was the last time? Probably meaning this type of coaster will be used for larger rides (hyper/gigas?) since those trains most likely can't navigate a tight curve radius.

All in all an interesting concept; it's always nice to see something new! And since I've ridden my first RMC coaster (TC) I can only hope for more being built! :--D

Intricks said:
BigBad said:
CoasterCrazy said:

It would probably make the spinning transitions a LOT more smoother than the current rock-n-knock they all have. Its bad enough that you do have to brace yourself most of the time for it.
I actually didn't find X2 all that rough; it's propably smoother than 90% of the woodies out there! But still: it could need some improvement :) I'm sure RMC track á la the Batman freespin could resolve this issue (with on pair of guide rails on the inside and the other on the outside of the track). The beefier RMC track would probably also resolve some of the issues with the heavy 4D trains tearing the track apart!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

^Unlike Batman The Ride at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, they're not actually building Total Mayhem. RMC is just manufacturing the track. S&S will outsource the construction itself and another company in Idaho will take over the track manufacturing starting in 2016. By subcontracting the Free Fly track manufacturing and handing over the construction process to S&S, RMC will hopefully have more time and manpower to put into the single rail/track coaster. Although no parks have purchased one yet, they confirmed that there are a few parks that are interested in purchasing one. However, they also said at last year's IAAPA Attractions Expo that they are fully booked through 2017 with their current projects, so I assume that we won't see one of these opening before 2018. So I think that we'll see four more RMC Iron Horse conversions/woodies for 2017 and three plus one of these the following year.

BigBad

Mega Poster

andrus said:
Interesting to see a steel coaster train with 3 rows of seats, don't know when that was the last time? Probably meaning this type of coaster will be used for larger rides (hyper/gigas?) since those trains most likely can't navigate a tight curve radius.
Magnum has three rows per train, as does Steel Force, so I'd imagine that the other Arrow and Morgan hypers/giga do that as well.

I've never been on an RMC, but I am excited about the idea of them making their own version of Magnum or Steel Force.

(I'm kind of curious how an RMC of Steel Force would look, like if Dorney did to it what has been done with Texas Giant, Rattler, etc. It has a big hill and then a turnaround. How many hills would RMC fit in there before the helix?)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

This morning RMC and Coaster-Labs sent us the latest high res images of the trains:

12027384_10153083809203639_411605303685339238_o.jpg

12000917_10153083809658639_8816030678476677025_o.jpg