What's new

Walibi Holland | Untamed | RMC Robin Hood Conversion

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
I know it's pretty widely hated, but this is probably the first RMC transformation that I'm really bummed not to have ridden in original form.
Robin Hood had a pretty great looking layout in my opinion, and paired with how awesome Thundercoaster is (which is also rough), I can't imagine Robin Hood would have been bad.
Excited to see what RMC does though! That layout has SO much potential, and WH will have a fantastic trio once it opens up.

Peet

Giga Poster
Nah you didn't miss out, Thundercoaster is by far the best of the 3, Loup Garou is really quite good and well worth a ride (it must now be the only woodie running Vekoma trains right?), Robin Hood was just meh.

Marnit

Roller Poster
Well, that's opinions there.
I rode both Thundercoaster and Robin Hood this year, after a part of thundercoaster was retracked just about 1 month earlier.
And I MASSIVELY preferred Robin Hood, Thundercoaster was just rough, and not hardly did anything for me, Robin Hood was slightly less rough, and significantly more fun.
(That said, the better rides on Robin Hood where at the end of a warm day, and at the start it was pretty meh too)

Can definitely see why it's being replaced, but part of me does think it's a shame...

Also from what I've heard Thundercoaster was amazing on opening, and a shell of it's former glory.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Yeah you weren't missing out on much at all. Good riddance tbh. Can't wait to see this thing progress!

Robert.W

Roller Poster
Wow, they’re not exactly hanging around. Really great to see so much progress have already been made! :D

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So the whole lift is gone and the ride hasn't even been shut a week? Wow. Also, when do people think track will arrive on site?

shawnoc

Mega Poster
@Cranedude another pointless post and repeating yourself, or where you in an echoey room.

However they are not messing around with this. I can imagine the track will arrive soon enough, with Vekoma not being too far away. Assuming that’s where the track is being fabricated.

I’m looking forward to this going up as I hope we will kick start more RMC’s in Europe.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Nah you didn't miss out, Thundercoaster is by far the best of the 3, Loup Garou is really quite good and well worth a ride (it must now be the only woodie running Vekoma trains right?), Robin Hood was just meh.
Loup Garou is actually formidable once you get the hang on how to not hurt yourself on it. By slightly keeping the restarints more loose than supposed and pushing them forward while riding I have 95% painless runs and amazing airtime moments :D The only downside of this is that you have to keep your hands on the restraints.

On topic: crazy to see that I'll be finally riding an RMC in 9 months. I'm so curious if it's really that good and whether it's not only just forces ripping you apart. (Which everyone here seems to like)

Snoo

The Legend
Loup Garou is actually formidable once you get the hang on how to not hurt yourself on it. By slightly keeping the restarints more loose than supposed and pushing them forward while riding I have 95% painless runs and amazing airtime moments :D The only downside of this is that you have to keep your hands on the restraints.

On topic: crazy to see that I'll be finally riding an RMC in 9 months. I'm so curious if it's really that good and whether it's not only just forces ripping you apart. (Which everyone here seems to like)

Smaller ones tend to be good while the bigger ones are still good and forceful. It will vary from person to person and can vary wildly from ride to ride tbh. Been on 9 of them and can attest to that. Of course, my Top 10 shows a smidge of bias but not so much that "RMC IS GOD!" but moreso they have what I like in a ride, hence I like the rides more.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
Couldn't agree more ^... I've only been on three RMC coasters and two of them are in my top ten (Steel Vengeance and Lightning Rod).

I've just started paying attention to the coaster scene in Europe and I am starting to plan trips where I can spend a day at a park close to where I am visiting. This one will definitely be added to my list.

Snoo

The Legend
Couldn't agree more ^... I've only been on three RMC coasters and two of them are in my top ten (Steel Vengeance and Lightning Rod).

I've just started paying attention to the coaster scene in Europe and I am starting to plan trips where I can spend a day at a park close to where I am visiting. This one will definitely be added to my list.

Yeah definitely keep an eye out for rides over there. While they don't have the numbers of sheer good rides in comparison to the USA and possibly China, those good rides look IMMENSELY incredibly sexy, not just any ol RMC either.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Im not sure and really curious to see the zone as a whole, but in fact i dont find it too disturbing. I understand its strange for a "medieval" castle, but I think it will adapt