What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I believe loefet is talking about the new ride, not the video.. ;)

I've always thought it would be better if you could coast over.. better airtime over the drop, more fun.. ect ect.

^Yeah, it would probably ruin the flow of the launch/drop.

I'm working on a new project for a competition I'm having with Error, but I won't reveal the name or post any pictures until Feb. 22nd or something like that.

^Agreed. That would be like stopping at the top of any accelerator tophat.. boo! :)

He does have a interesting idea tho.. wasn't a fan of the last go.. we'll see if #2 does any better.

tanner said:
I'm working on a new project for a competition I'm having with Error, but I won't reveal the name or post any pictures until Feb. 22nd or something like that.

That's my birthday, how thoughtful of you, to make me a track for my birthday

Oh, you didn't make it for me, okay, it's fine. :cry:

A new picture from Project Power.

power16.jpg

Working control panel. (good FPS for running it on a 24" flatscreen)

One area of the station building is left, and then the surrounding's with support buildings.

^Looks good. It is nice to see it taking shape.

^I'll sign up to that too, if it's going... :wink:

If you mean the textures on the controller then look at this animation:

power15b.gif

Muahaha

For the rest of it, then it's pretty easy. But you need to learn the basics in Wings3d since that is the program I use.

Isn't that just the standard control panel that comes with the simulator? Every coaster (provided you have the station set to normal or simple) has a working control panel like that.

To me it looks like you've just set the station to a simple station, which hides the station roof, but still keeps the in game control panel there, and then built 3D's which surround it. Doesn't look like anything special to me. :?

Still, the coaster looks cool but there isn't much else to go on at the mo. I'm looking forward to Crazy Coasters track most. I loved the original version of Project Xenon. :--D

As for me, I havn't released a coaster in like 1.5 years, and I have no plan to either. I've been working on something else coaster game related that might pop up on CF in the coming weeks. (not RCT or NL)

Peter said:
To me it looks like you've just set the station to a simple station, which hides the station roof, but still keeps the in game control panel there, and then built 3D's which surround it. Doesn't look like anything special to me. :?
That's half the truth, only problem with your reasoning is that the whole queue area is underneath the station which means that the station would be visible if you just putted it to simple mode, but it isn't.

peter said:
As for me, I havn't released a coaster in like 1.5 years, and I have no plan to either. I've been working on something else coaster game related that might pop up on CF in the coming weeks. (not RCT or NL)
Totally off topic, but could this be the ??? forum? I'm intrigued.

UncleArly said:
peter said:
Totally off topic, but could this be the ??? forum? I'm intrigued.

No.

No it could not.

Lol no, it has nothing to do with the ??? forum. I don't have a clue what thats gonna be.

I don't even know why I mentioned it. Its not gonna be anything special, but hopefully it'll keep some people entertained for 5 mins.

And to Loefet, i'm not doubting you or anything, i'm just saying what I see from that screenshot - you can't really tell if the rest of the station is there or not. I've never used Wings3D before, so didn't know you could do animated textures with it. Either way, it would be cool if you could use a slightly more realistic control panel. :p

Peter said:
Lol no, it has nothing to do with the ??? forum. I don't have a clue what thats gonna be.

I don't even know why I mentioned it. Its not gonna be anything special, but hopefully it'll keep some people entertained for 5 mins.

And to Loefet, i'm not doubting you or anything, i'm just saying what I see from that screenshot - you can't really tell if the rest of the station is there or not. I've never used Wings3D before, so didn't know you could do animated textures with it. Either way, it would be cool if you could use a slightly more realistic control panel. :p

Oh I know what your talking about now ;)

Hey!

My new NL Roller coaster is in Early stages of Construction. It's called "Terminator" Yes, from the Film :p

Anyway, heres a screen shot to keep you guesing...

TerminatorforCFPost.jpg

Remeber; Still in early stages of Construction.

Have started to work on the final part of the theming, the outside area.

I have created a battle plan on what to do and where to put it.
I really thought that this area would need something under the hills, so a Monorail it is, plus some other stuff not ready yet.

power17.jpg

Monorail track in place.

Shall I Sherlock this too? Yes, no homeworks and fairly nothing to do the next five mins...

- Sort of Fahrenheit-ish coaster, just taller.
- Judging from the height of the lifthill and the height of the hill the train is cresting, I would say that it goes into a ground-hug turn after the lift, then into the hill.
- Some piece of track is seen in the background. It is looking like a loop or an Immelmann.
- The train is rather short, indicating a short layout (or one with lots of blocks), with some tight turns.
- It is themed to a factory
- Assuming that the track in the background is part of an inversion, there got to be some more of them. When coasters reach a certain size, it will have either none or lots of inversions.
- loefet is skilled at NL. This will be one faboulus ride.

All of these statement might prove to be false, however. Can't wait to se this finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.