What's new

Trip Plans For 2014

Going to Six Flags Fiesta Texas in early March.

There aren't many plans past that, but I know I will stay in the USA and probably go to parks in either the Midwest or Northeast.

Just booked a holiday in New York with non-coaster-loving friends for September (thanks to super cheap Norwegian Air flights!)

I've already made plans to go to Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags New England and Coney Island during the non-coaster trip :lol: Most of my mates don't want to come to the parks with me, they say it's "plastic thrills" despite my insistence that the thrills are either steel or wood.

But I don't care, I'm already so excited to get my first real American creds (apparently Florida "doesn't count" :roll: )

I've got Sweden for the live.

And then Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Bali and all the creds associated with them in November <3

Six Flags Great Adventure for the beginning of June, Busch Gardens on the way to Mississippi this year, Story Land with my little brother and grandparents, and possibly Great Escape & Kings Dominion with my cousin Tracy and her family.

Going to have a fairly quiet year this time. Have now confirmed for the Madrid weekend and Sweden Live and will tag on Norway too (for a new country cred).

Mainly, I'm going to try and mop up some of the UK creds. I've a wedding to go to in May near Dundee so will get some of the Scottish creds. Off to Fantasy Island and the east coast in April as well. Oakwood planned and the South Coast cred run. Possibly Blackpool and Southport in the summer too. Still undecided what to do for my 30th in June. Alton I guess?

I'm saving all my holiday for family times though. Planning a few days in the Peak Biscuit (one of my favorite non cred holiday destinations) and maybe 2 or 3 weeks in Italy with the parents.

On the work front. Not going to Hong Kong for the first time in 5 years. The conference is shifted to Singapore, so hopefully I'll have time to mop up a few days at Universal. Might have a trip to Houston, Texas for an oil minerals conference too but not sure yet.

^Universal needs a day at most. An afternoon if it's midweek will be enough.

Yeah I was looking on rcdb last night. I didn't realise there's literally nothing there without Battlestar! More time for culture I guess. Still not 100% sure I'm going yet as work are all swapping around what reports people are writing.

^There's plenty of other stuff there apart from the three currently-open coasters though. It's just that you can get around it fairly quickly as stuff is really close together, it doesn't seem to get busy outside of peak periods, and the bigger attractions have single rider queues on top of that. There's loads of other stuff on Sentosa Island as well, not that I had time to see any of it, so you could easily fill more time with that.

A day trip to Legoland Malaysia is really easy as well, though probably not worth losing a day if you've already done a Legoland park:

http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=37417[/shamelessplug]

So, Kyle's coming this year!

So, whilst he's about...

We will prob do the Paulton's live. He hasn't got the creds and I've only been once, so it seems a good excuse. :)

UK Definately: Alton, Thorpe
UK Maybe: Fantasy Island, Chessington, Blackpool

Blackpool we cannot be arsed with unless it's a live-like atmosphere. So, if anyone planning a trip in June?

We're currently discussing Europe, possibilities include: Walibi World & Efteling, Tivoli & Bakken, Heide Park, Walibi and Bobbejaanland

If you've been to any of those European parks listed above via public transport please give me advice I'd love you forever.

Outside of when Kyle's coming, I'll definitely be doing Chessie and Thorpe. :p

So since the computer systems at work have all gone down, I might as well type up my Trip plans! The year has already got underway with a trip to Twinlakes in January and Jardin D'Acclimatation in Paris last weekend. That's +5 credits already. :)

Other trips that are confirmed/booked so far are, all of them are with Rach too.

April - Heide Park, Hamburgerdom Spring Fair and possibly Serengeti Park.

May - South Coast credit run, but unfortunately not on the weekend of the CF Live.
Tivoli Gardens (We're going to Copenhagen for Eurovision so might as well pop in again!)

June - Big Mid-West USA trip, which includes:
Kemah Boardwalk/Galveston Pier
SeaWorld San Antonio
Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Six Flags Over Texas
World's of Fun
Silver Dollar City
Six Flags St Louis
King's Island
Kentucky Kingdom
Holiday World
Beech Bend
Dollywood
Carowinds
Six Flags Over Georgia

July - Sweden CF life with Norway add on

September - We've just booked a week in Dubai. The highlight being Ferrari World, there are a total of 21 credits dotted in shopping malls around the country, none of which are bloody Big Apples! 3 big waterparks too. :)

Along with these abroad trips, there will no doubt be abuse of the Merlin pass and a few other UK credit based seaside trips. I need to get back to Norfolk and pick up the new credits there plus Cornwall was penciled in, however it looks like this might be delayed to next year when Big Sheep sort their lives out! Some UK based CF Lives will have to happen too! Either way this year is looking to be pretty amazing. :)

Joey don't go Bobbejaanland you'll hate it, it's the worst park ever <//3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joey said:
We're currently discussing Europe, possibilities include: Walibi World & Efteling, Tivoli & Bakken, Heide Park, Walibi and Bobbejaanland

If you've been to any of those European parks listed above via public transport please give me advice I'd love you forever.

Tivoli is right in the city and next to Copenhagen's main train station, so piece of piss there. Bakken is a 30 minute direct train ride from there (Klampenborg Station).

Walibi Holland is easy. There are regular shuttle buses that connect to Hardwijk train station, which in turn connects with Amsterdam and Schipol airport. Public transport in the Netherlands is excellent, and everyone speaks English, so you'll get where you need to be very easily. You might want to think about Drievliet and Duinrell as well. Both are doable in the same day as a day trip from Amsterdam.

I did Bobbejaanland by public transport as well, but can't remember the exact details of how I did it now. I think it was a train to Herentals (can't remember where I went from though, maybe Antwerp?) and then a bus from there. It wasn't difficult though. I personally didn't find the park to be quite as bad as others think; it's not particularly good though admittedly.

Well I was pretty much planning on nothing because nobody over here really goes on Lives and stuff anymore which is a shame, but now I've planned a trip to Orlando so that pretty much makes me happy. That'll likely be it as far as theme parks go for the year, but I'm not complaining.

Benidorm in May which means Terra Mitica if their useless website is correct and they'll be open. The rest are likely but not yet decided upon.

Was planning on Liseberg in September but that may change to some time in the summer depending on costs.

Definitely going to make a weekend of Flamingo Land and Lightwater Valley at some point too, probably not too long into the season.

Oakwood is a long-shot.

So work are sending me to Houston in June to talk about minerals for use in oil drilling :D
Currently in the first stages of a plan. I'm thinking Galveston Pier while I'm in Houston (hoping its open in the evening) and then a mini four day road trip after my conference ends. Two days at San Antonio for SFFT and Seaworld, then a drive up to Dallas for SFOT and then a sprint across to Silver Dollar City and fly home from somewhere up there. I'm aware that's a VERY packed last two days with the drive and I might need to add an extra day, but it's got to be worth it! Any tips from the locals or anyone want to join? Probably start the 4 days on June 27th.