What's new

Trip Plans For 2014

Nothing Concrete but assuming Darien Lake does open a new coaster I'll be making my way over there at some point.

I also need to get myself over to kings island next year.

Oh yes I forgot. Some of my family will be renting a private island with a resort on it for a week next year, hopefully. 1,000 dollars a night isn't to bad to rent your own private island when only 5 other people are on it other than your family and they port the boats, when each family member can chip in $250. Oh yeah, it is off the coast of Panama.

Nothings ever set in stone for me, especially this far out, but, I'd really like to get to Kings Island and Dollywood next year to check out their new coasters. I'd also like to finally push east and check out GAdv, Kings Dominion, and maybe even Carowinds.

I've got one trip left this year and just one last new credit to pick up... As far as next year goes? Not sure, gotta wait for everyone to announce (but I've got an idea or two). I'd also like to go real-International again soon. Outside of a few Canada trips in the last 5 years, the last time I was in Europe was 2007 :(

Also, Hong Kong is calling

Think I'll be heading back to Vegas and going to get at least one credit in North Korea.

Not sure I could have picked places which are more polar opposite than those

Will probably get another couple in somewhere. Pondering Helsinki and Tallinn so could get a couple around there.

Sorry to bring this topic back up, but I'm kinda excited right now for next year. :p I might even be able to double my coaster count. Some of this I kind of already posted in this topic but some of it is also new. Nothing's confirmed but:

Trip to Europe sometime in June
My mother wants me to see London and where she once lived in Belgium. I also know that my grandparents will be visiting Belguim as well.
Parks I'd like to do in this trip:
- Alton Towers
- Thorpe Park
- Possibly Walibi Belguim or Walibi Holland (or both!)
- Heide-Park (my most anticipated of this list)

Wedding somewhere in the Chicago area
- Six Flags Great America
- The actual trip to Chicago is definitely gonna happen but SGAm not yet confirmed.

Cedar Point and King's Island
My dad and I are still discussing about this (well, sort of). He'd rather just visit one of the parks, and I'm trying to persuade him that we have to do both (if one park is the case, I'd rather do King's Island). This trip doesn't seem as likely as the Europe and Chicago, but it's still in the cards.

And I need to get back to Lake Compounce and reride Boulder Dash over and over again. <3 And since it's right next to it, visit Quassy.

Oh, and my new school takes a day trip to Six Flags New England sometime in the spring. I'm too interested in that though. :p (But will probably end up going just cuz)

- Great America in the spring, summer, and fall.
- Indiana Beach in the summer.
- Holiday World is possible.

2015 I may be looking at my first Live. :)

Kings Dominion for the season, and Busch Gardens Williamsburg for Christmas Town. That's it. Oh well...I guess I'll just have to max out in 2015(cough cough Cedar Point, Kings Island, Kings Dominion, Carowinds)

I should be doing Disney World in February, and I'll probably pop into Fun Spot America while I'm down there.
Busch Gardens Williamsburg will probably be happening during Spring Break.
Day trips to Lake Compounce, Coney Island, and SFNE are all likely as well.

Not an earth-shattering year, but it's definitely looking pretty good.

Hobbes said:
I should be doing Disney World in February, and I'll probably pop into Fun Spot America while I'm down there.
Busch Gardens Williamsburg will probably be happening during Spring Break.
Day trips to Lake Compounce, Coney Island, and SFNE are all likely as well.

Not an earth-shattering year, but it's definitely looking pretty good.
If I were to have a year like that, the universe would implode on itself.

Outside of my local Floridian parks.... an oblivious trip back home to visit my family (Canobie/SFNE)

I'm looking into a scary Mexico trip..... and if not, a quick weekend-ish SoCal trip. My only "big" looking trip and slowing coming together. Mostly a clean up of new credits that have opened since my last visits to Hershey, NYC metro, Knoebles, and NJ shore parks.

I'm toying with Indonesia or Australia for the new year holiday. Indonesia is a lot closer and cheaper, but we'll see.

There'll be a random weekend or two to Guangzhou at some point- there are a couple of newer coasters at Chimelong, including a dive machine that I didn't get yet, and a load of stuff at Chuanlord amongst other smaller parks - as well as hitting Ocean Kingdom when it opens.

At easter, I'm thinking Chengdu and/or Wuhan for the Happy Valley parks and other random stuff. Shanghai also needs to be done, though I'm tempted to wait for Disney in 2015.

Madrid (already booked).

USA (East Coast), currently in the planning stages.

Germany, hopefully want to join the others and knock off every substantial park & coaster in Germany.

Sweden, as long as the CF live goes ahead then I'll be there!

Spain, I NEED Shambhala so this is a must in November.

UK, there are no particular parks I want to get to so its a case of cred whoring as and when I can. I'm setting myself a challenge of +20 in the UK next year, which is just about achievable.

The money and time off work is available for all the above so I don't see myself missing much out.

Busch Gardens in January is for sure along with a possible plan back down to Florida in February.
Spring Break and Summer have no plans but plenty of ideas, including possible trips to parks in the Northeast and Indiana.

I will go to Heide Park for sure riding the new B&M wing coaster during my semester break. I also plan to get the Phantasialand creds and since holiday park is just 80 km away from my hometown I'll do a GeForce day when the park is empty. Not very spectacular compared to others but I want to get the creds in all parks in my homecountry first before going elsewhere :p

Re: RE: Trip Plans For 2014

Hopefully I can get back on a coaster, if I can, SDC for sure, hopefully KI and SFGAm, and possibly a Florida trip, including SFoG and Dollywood.

No plans set in stone but looking at trying to get round to as many UK parks as possible, instead of a coaster trip abroad.

Maybe Sweden next year and Disney Paris, all depends if I get my shoulder sorted out.

Probably Alton at some point, that will probably be the only UK park.