What's new

Trip Plans For 2014

Thorpe Park in Feb & Oct (Fright Night)
Plopsaland De Panne (on the way home from the below trip in May)
Parc Astérix
Paultons Park

Staying at a Centre Parc in Belgium for a 1.5 weeks in May, the following parks are between 1 & 2.5 hours away:

Walibi World
Walibi Belgium
Bobbyjannland
De Eftling
Toverland

Several trips to Thorpe are a definite next year. I've been putting off going there for so long. Might as well do Chessie and the London attractions while I'm down that way, too.

Currently debating between Europa and Parque Warner...

Probably New Jersey

Definitely Knoebels and Hershey, and martins fantasy island and Darien Lake (new coaster pending)

Hopefully Blackpool pleasure Beach

Sweden, secondary German parks, some sort of mad America trip probably in and around the Southern states, Parc Asterix and all the usual UK gumf.

None of them are 100% official yet, but these are the plans:

-Small Belgium trip (Bobbejaanland and Walibi Belgium)
-Sweden trip (Liseberg, Skara Sommerland and Grona Lund)
-Disneyland Paris
-Another visit to Phantasialand
-Small UK trip (Thorpe Park, Chessington, Alton Towers)
-Heide Park
-Some smaller parks in Netherlands and of course a couple of visits to Efteling/Walibi Holland/Toverland.

I probably can't afford them all, but we'll see which one I can manage. The sweden trip is most likely since I'm going to visit my friend there.

A trip to Pennsylvania is also possible. I'd like to pick up Knoebels, Hershey, and Dorney Park. This seems more likely than a trip back to Ohio, and after showing my dad Flying Turns, he'd love to go.

Madrid is definitely happening, Sweden Live is looking likely, and the USA trip looks tempting. If there's a Live at Oakwood then I really want to go there as well as I've never been.

There's various other UK parks I'd like to visit. If I'm driving and have a reasonable source of income next year then those parks will have to happen. If I'm still skint then they won't.

I don't think I'll bother with the UK Merlin parks, at least during the early part of the season. If there are Lives later on in the season or there's a great deal available then I may consider renewing the anal pass, but in the meantime I may as well save the cash for something else.

As much as I'd like to visit some more parks on the continent, I just can't see that happening at this moment in time unless I get a fantastic new job that pays incredibly well and is really generous with the time off. I might manage Port Aventura at a stretch, but other parks will probably have to wait for another year.

*Vegas/SoCal (possible)
*Kings Island for Banshee
*Kings Dominion, BGW, SDC, or Dollywood

If I get the job I want:
*Cedar Point
*Waldameer or Michigan's Adventure
*Kennywood
*Going to get as close as possible to what's left of Geauga Lake

If I don't:
*SFGAm or CW
*Cedar Point
*Holiday World or Kennywood
*Knoebels and/or Hersheypark (possible)
*Kentucky Kingdom

2014 will be my first season as a licensed driver! I'll get so much more out of this season!

Sanchezmran said:
A trip to Pennsylvania is also possible. I'd like to pick up Knoebels, Hershey, and Dorney Park.
NYC (Coney Island) and SFGAd is also doable since they're also in the region.

I'll be returning to Parque Warner in July, PortAventura in August for a week, plenty of trips to Blackpool Pleasure Beach and I'll make a return to Alton Towers after not visiting in 2013.

So far confirmed -

-SFGAm at least twice (once with school group and for sure at least one trip during Fright Fest)
-Indiana Beach
-Holiday World

Possible but somewhat unlikely -
-Mount Olympus

Hmm, I don't have any plans yet, but here are the possibilities:
-something in February (probably with a plane, non-coaster oriented)
-first of May (London/Barcelona/Copenhagen)
-small German trip in the summer
-autumn trip (1st of November - London/Copenhagen)

With some luck (actually a lot of it) I might go to Cleveland for a month in the summer. Every year one (Slovene-American) couple host 4 students from our school. I know a guy who went this summer and he said it was superb. They've done tons of stuff, including a day trip to Cedar Point. :)

For me in the uk:
Thorpe Park
Chessington
Alton Towers
Flamingoland
BPB
Oakwood
Drayton Manor(maybe)

Abroad:
Heide Park
Port Aventura(maybe)
Europa(maybe)

2012Jarrett said:
*Vegas/SoCal (possible)

If I get the job I want:
*Cedar Point
*Kennywood

If I don't:
*SFGAm or CW
*Cedar Point
*Kentucky Kingdom

2014 will be my first season as a licensed driver! I'll get so much more out of this season!

Geauga Lake is gone son. Enjoy taking pictures tho. ;)

Snoo said:
2012Jarrett said:
*Vegas/SoCal (possible)

If I get the job I want:
*Cedar Point
*Kennywood

If I don't:
*SFGAm or CW
*Cedar Point
*Kentucky Kingdom

Geauga Lake is gone son. Enjoy taking pictures tho. ;)
I thought there was the one wooden coaster left. I never got to go as a kid but I thought there were some buildings and stuff left. Not an actual visit, just a "pull over and photograph for the heck of it" type thing.

I think I'm sticking around at home for another summer for financial reasons. In that case, I've decided that SFGAm is a virtual definite if I'm comfortable driving that far, and I might do both Holiday World and Kennywood. It's really Voyage vs. Sky Rocket in that decision.

^There are a couple of wooden coasters still standing but not operating, they're also falling apart too.

Have a look on Google Earth, it's amazing at how much of a mess is left.

Waterpark next door is still open though.

I didn't do anything in 2013 literally, mostly because there was no big CF Live in America and the one day Cedar Point one overlapped with my trip to Cuba. Assuming I still have my job next season, I'm definitely going to be doing a few weekenders. I want to get back to Great America, and also if I don't use my vacation time to go overseas I would like to go to Texas. Getting back to SDC would be nice as well.

Going back to Florida would be something for me to look into. I miss it!