What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
^But it's going to be themed around a plane crash. Why wouldn't a plane make sense?

^Because the station is themed as a church.

Durrrrrrr.

Tim said:
Lift Hill over jacknifed lorry (food outlet)
17706222.jpg

Half roll-dive loop type thing underneath the wing of a jet liner and up into a zero-g roll
90358214.jpg

Inclined loop, low turn over a ditch which has a helicopter in it... up into some weird corkscrew/zero-g hybrid
59176271.jpg

And then what appears to be a straight roll through the building that also houses the boarding area
35955267.jpg

Are the wide rows of seats on the train supposed to be the pews of the church, and with a triumphant organ tune an army helicopter lifts us all through the roof to safety?
42492668.jpg

Quoted because it's awesome. :)

"Project named LC12, the ride will be located on one of the new islands next to the Park's iconic rollercoaster, Stealth, and will take on a THORPE PARK twist through 4 extreme inversions as riders are dragged on a death-defying flight into apocalyptic devastation."

Draw your conclusions from that but Im not sure what the cars will be themed to, and anyway a plane theme would look horrible and cheapy IMO

Coastermaniac94 said:
Draw your conclusions from that

Ok, then:

Thorpe said:
death-defying FLIGHT

There you go!

Seems straightforward enough, you know with the wrecked plane to go with it as well.

But no, that can't be it, what with the church-themed station.

hows this for a story: 28 survivors in a ruined church build a flying machine to escape the are and save other survivors before its too late........

^Right, and can you find me a flying machine that doesn't look like a plane... :roll:

Coastermaniac94 said:
hows this for a story: 28 survivors in a ruined church build a flying machine to escape the are and save other survivors before its too late........

It's not bloody Flight of the Phoenix!

God it's like killing brain cells reading this topic at times....

^Balloons don't count. Zeppelins yes, balloons no. Helicopters fair enough, but they're pretty god damn close to looking like planes. Main body, tail fins all that ****.

That's not the point though, he was saying that it was unlikely to be a plane, then pitched the perfect scenario for a plane type theme.

^^ I know Hixee I just realised that I am just struggling to think of something. I guess it could be themd around a rusty old plane but wtf is the church all about?

The theme is urban devastation. One thing that's really effective and creepy is a ruined church. I think we're focusing too much on the plane, there will be other parts to the theme.

No idea, might have to wait until next year until they arrive on site. Unless concept art comes out before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.