What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
STC said:
rollermonkey said:
Why on earth would Thorpe be using the BALPA quote in a press release if they didn't love it?

lol

I say it's all staged.
This isn't from Thorpe, it's from a fansite Thorpe Park Mania.

I'm not sure if it's staged. It does sound exactly like the sort of thing Merlin PR would do (like Alton's 'clown protest' piece) but BALPA are very real and I'm not sure if they'd void their credibility like that.
nah it was sent as a press release to TPM as they are the park's official fansite from Mark Vallis

Coastermaniac94 said:
I know they are both 4D I am just saying they are completely different and apart from the seating plan it is hard to compare the two. Zacspin [picture] now this has a free rotation and vertical track rather than controlled rotation and a track design which is 100% different.... jesus

You said yourself apart from the seating plan it is hard to compare the 2, but thats the 4D part right there whether it is a controlled spin or not.

Also, what difference does it make what type of track it is on, it's still 4D.

You previously said "4d to me is a coaster with seats on the wing which spin."
So surely I'm just reminding you the coasters that Intamin have already produced.

All I was getting at is that Intamin HAVE produced a 4D coaster because you said that they hadn't made one yet. :)

^k fine I know the difference sorry for describing 4d wrongly

Edit: some facts I found from TPM site
Project Name: LC12
Manufacturer: Bolliger & Mabillard (B&M)
Height: 38.6m / 127ft
Inversions: 4
Investment: £20m
Trains x seats: 2 x 28 seats
Length of track: approx. 775metres

Some LC12 facts, confirms it will run 2 trains too.

Two trains should be pretty standard... god forbid the queue if it was only ONE <//3

Martyn B said:
Check out Raptor's construction thread and you'll see what they're like!

I have seen the Raptor ones. But this is another themed coaster. Wonder how they are going to fit a end of the world theme into the coaster trains.

10WaTT said:
Also, what difference does it make what type of track it is on, it's still 4D.

You previously said "4d to me is a coaster with seats on the wing which spin."
So surely I'm just reminding you the coasters that Intamin have already produced.

All I was getting at is that Intamin HAVE produced a 4D coaster because you said that they hadn't made one yet. :)

1D a single plane, i.e. forwards/backwards.
2D two planes, i.e. forwards/backwards and left/right
3D three planes, i.e. forwards/backwards and left/right and up/down
4D four planes, i.e. forwards/backwards and left/right and up/down and seat rotation.

The Intamin Zack SPin things only work in forwards/backwards and up/down, plus the seat rotation. That makes them 3D to me :)

What this has to do with Thorpe, I have no idea....

Capacity is the thing I'm most weary about with these new B&M coasters, which is 28 riders per train. Inversely, the layout is rather short, meaning any slow-down in loading could result in stacking.

^Unlikely. The coaster wouldn't have been fabricated before the planning permission was approved. I'd have thought B&M will start fabrication in a few months.

^Well look at any other coaster construction, track will probably start arriving towards the end of this season, if not early into the off-season. Don't get your lube out just yet.

The ride itself is going to be heavily themed, so common logic goes towards that? Two trains could suck, but three would result in constant stacking I'm sure from all the **** I hear about Thorpe operations.

Has there been any info on if it will be a single station, or will it feature two stations?

I hope the trains are as well themed as Raptor. Maybe they'll be themed to planes and you're trying to avoid crashing hence all the other crashed helicopters and planes.

^I doubt it will be themed as a plane because the station is a church and it just wouldnt make sense but I can see it themed with rusty metal

Status
Not open for further replies.