What's new

Thorpe 2013

marc

CF Legend
Yes to alien encounter but Thorpe would never pay for anything like that. It was the most scary attraction I've ever been on.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
A sub terra/alien encounter style ride at Thorpe would not surprise me, but its the wrong choices for the target market.

It was wrong for alton, wrong for anywhere outside the USA.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Lottie.

Mega Poster
It would be great if Thorpe gets a dark ride... however I doubt that is going to happen for a while imo.

Thank god Vengeance isn't opening in Thorpe!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
So I'm the only one who though Vengeance was great? Ok, it coulda done with the animatronics that are shown in the manufactures promotional video, but still, for the space its a stunning little ride.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Vengence is CLEVER, but not a great ride. There is a huge difference.

You can't pump clever effects and interactivity into something without stopping for a second to ask "is this fun?"

On top of that Vengence has terrible capacity and then there's the issue of how irrelevant the thematic content was to the attraction as a whole. I'm all for theme parkification of non theme park attractions, particually museum-like ones such as Dungeons, but it needs to have relevance. The ride that's only real wow factor is technological boasting has no place in an attraction centred around making you feel like you've gone back in time.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I still would like something like an indoor Top Spin. On one of them in complete darkness would be amazing. I know the contract is ending but I think it could work being themed to Saw at Thorpe or at a stretch, Swarm.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
Well a Swarm themed top spin would be fantastic.
The centre bar between the two ride towers could easily have an alien designed onto it, and maybe with a few Swarm aliens on the side of the support structures, that would be amazing.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^No it wouldn't.

It would be a dreadful idea, mostly because top spins are awful rides that have more than had their day by now.

Plus, pretty much every one of Thorpe's customers would have ridden the one at Chessington at some point.

They're well past there sell by date now. Just because you could make the centre bar look pretty isn't going to change that.

sparky2u

Mega Poster
Swarm's new miss:

BEgxRxkCIAEwSNS.jpg

nadroJ

CF Legend
Urgh I hate it. I thought it was meant to be a quaint British town? Sorry, but how many of those have billboards like that? If it were for moneysupermarket.com or something it'd be more believable.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
To be fair, the "quaint British town" thing has been a confusing setting since the beginning, and it's evident really that it was only ever picked as a thematic setting because it's cheaper and easier than going with a modern town or city.

A billboard is pushing it though, you dont see billboards around the UK that often at all, let alone in country towns.

But past the realism, does it look out of place?

Not really.

So do I have an issue with it?

No.

I have a far greater issue with the news report insisting that we're at Thorpe Park. That I find irritating. Why is there at church at Thorpe..? No.

Then again, Dollywood has one... ;)

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Stop moaning over nothing, so what if a little village town wouldn't have a billboard like that, it looks bloody awesome and will add to the ride! So what's the problem... Their isn't one, your just moaning for the sake of it.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
^ nothing like being happy :wink:

I like it, will be awesome going through it! Even if it doesn't fit with the theme.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looks good...apart from the "Hell" graffiti. If I'm going to nit-pick (which I am), the story says the town has been mysteriously been taken over, yet somebody (presumably a brain-dead zombie survivor) has managed to spray graffiti on it.

Meh, I love Swarm and near a good keyhole/near miss can only improve the ride.

However, what concerns me is some people have said Swarm hasn't been popular because it appears to scary (which I've considered ****, Stealth is physically more intimidating). A near miss like this will only make it appear more scary and therefore less appealing?

**** it, if it means the queue is shorter, it means I can have more goes <3

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Plus, having ridden X-Flight I now realise how **** the near misses on Swarm actually are. Hopefully this will be more like a proper near-miss.

Besides the graffiti, I like it. :D