What's new

The Games we play...

southend_marc said:
Codemasters have won the rights to make the next F1 game :( It will probably more arcade than simulator its been so long since a good F1 game was made.

The Geoff Crammond games really... To be fair, Dirt and Grid are 'good' arcade games. The physics feel nice, and you can make them more hardcore if you like :)

Live for Speed has a BMW F1 car, and it's just far too hard. That's a 'real' sim though, so you spend most of the game facing the wrong way :lol:

Worth looking at if you're after a cheap, very realistic racing game:
http://www.lfs.net/

WOOHOOO!!!! Got my Trackmania to work again, I just had to fix some network settings #-o . Now for some awesome racing to get my rank up again.

^Possibly one of the best games that's going to exist. :D

9193_little_big_planet-v2.jpg

kimahri said:
That didn't help... at all

It's Sony 'thinking out of the box'. Nobody can explain the game, or who it works, or what it does or anything - it's just that everyone seems really excited by it - despite nobody having a clue.

Basically, you have a thing, who can build things, you can send to friend's things. All in glorious pseudo 2-D and under the moniker "the next best thing".

Everyone loves it, nobody has played it, nobody understands it, but everyone has said how fantastic it is. So I'm off out to buy into the hype right now! :p

So Ollie, what actually IS the game play then? What are the objectives? How do you play the game?

Let me guess, it breaks all current gaming definitions.

I see it as essentially a kind of Animal Crossing. Only instead of being constrained by the game, it's more of a sandbox level creator. Only the game throws in things to make level design a challenge... Though there aren't really any levels, you're just creating something.

When you've finished, you invite people to come and see it.

It actually sounds revolutionary... In the sense that never before has such a totally dull concept for a game captured such a mass market hype-wagon.

Well, I was just about to post this.
Its the creators of the game at E3 playing through and describing what it's all about.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=G4q71PUtX ... re=related

Everyone always moans that games are the same, but as soon as developers make something different, something shoves it away like a pile of ****. This is why developers are scared to be different and make something new as they don't want to take the risk of it being a complete flaw.

So yeah it's new, different, and a lot of fun. You see, FUN, which is what games are supposed to be. If your not having FUN while playing a game, then what's the point of playing it in the first place?

This game has lots of possibilities, and has so many features that it mind boggles me to think of them all. But every time I see new info on this it seems to be getting better and better.
And no, I'm not following the hype. In fact I hated the idea of this when I first saw it and it didn't interest me at all, but I gave it some time and have done my research and have seen it's potential and how much FUN it will be.

You see games are meant to be FUN! ;)

It looks like Garry's mod only with a fixed camera.

Well not exactly like it but more or less the same principal.

Not saying thats really a bad thing but you know.

I've spent years playing all the fun games nobody else plays. I've played some stonking titles which didn't get a fraction of the buzz LBP is getting, but were seriously worthy of my time. It just pisses me off that the games by independent developers which really deserved praise are thrown in the bargain bin, but because Sony are trying to compete on the "fun games" level against the Wii, they push the ONLY game which is slightly different to death.

The problem I have is that is DOESN'T look fun, just 'interesting'. People seem to think that because it's not 'Generic FPS XI' or 'Generic Racing Game Pro Evo Bollocks', it's going to be fun. They can't understand the difference between 'different' and 'fun'. Pain is fun, Animal Crossing is interesting, Pixel Junk Monsters is fun, GTA IV is fun, Wii fit is interesting, Boom Blox is fun. We have fun games, but they don't need to be pushed as the second coming of Pong!

I'm not saying it's going to be a bad game, it's just that it's being pitched as an island of fun hope in the murky sea of mediocrity which is the PS3 catalogue. In reality, it's just another game, which gives Sony a Nintendo styled feather in it's cap - exactly the same thing PS3 owners have been bitching about why they hate the Wii - casual games without any kind of hard core objectives or structure. Suddenly because it's part of the Sony hype machine, they love it - yet if it was a Wii title it'd start a whole slew of "more pointless rubbish you get bored of after an hour on the Wii".

I like the concept, I like the basic idea, but I don't think it's worth all the excitement. I certainly don't think that the same people who have ever bought a non-premier title game or slagged off the Wii should be deriding anyone for not seeing the point in the excitement :p

tbh that game looks like a complete pile of ****e.

Yes games are meant to be fun, but they should have an aim as well, thats just pointless...

Borrowed Uncharted: Drake's Fortune of one of my mates;

It's ****ing amazing. So clever, action packed, engrossing and just... awesome.

furie said:
the same thing PS3 owners have been bitching about why they hate the Wii - casual games without any kind of hard core objectives or structure. Suddenly because it's part of the Sony hype machine, they love it - yet if it was a Wii title it'd start a whole slew of "more pointless rubbish you get bored of after an hour on the Wii".

QFT, that basically sums that game up. It just looks like a weird sort of version of MySims to be honest.

I really want MGS4, I LOVE Metal Gear solids but I don't have a PS3 :cry:

LBP: Wooohooo! I can create my own levels.

Erm.. but what do i do with them? Erm.. I guess i'll play it.. Erm.. and get bored.. I know i'll share them online and play someone else's levels..

Nope.. they all suck.. look.. someones modelled a penis..

I'm going back to making my own level.. gawd this takes AGEESS.. I'm bored..

When do i get to shoot something?

There appears to be a degree of cynicism towards LBP on here :lol: