What's new

The Games we play...

spicy said:
Why do people actually give a toss if one console out sells another? :?

Not really 100% sure on this one.. seems to stem back to the dreamcast.. And no-one wanting a machine which'll be obsolete.

But it might be because arguing which has the best games/graphics (like we did back in the amiga/st/spectrum days) is pretty obsolete nowadays as most modern games are rubbish :lol:

That's the problem with GTA. Once you finish it there is nothing to do.

That's why i'm waiting to buy it 2nd hand.. there's going to be LOADS of people selling 2nd hand copies in a month or two.

That said.. there's STILL gettin 100% to do (finding all the jumps, etc).. and also the online mode...

^ Hmm iteresting.. a black oblong. Haha, they must have removed it or somthing. Or my internets getting slower :\

Deano123321 said:
^ Hmm iteresting.. a black oblong. Haha, they must have removed it or somthing. Or my internets getting slower :\

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

OH EM GEE it is doom 4 and i cannot wait as doom is scary and i t made me jump because the monsters jumped from the dark and stuff and i did not like but it i did so i played more and it like its and when i looked on the floor i found WEPON but then i could not remeber where i parked my motorcycl and then i remebered that one day i as an office and my motorcycle was on the top of the building.

I loled at the screen. Which is surprising considering I never find clam funny.

And doom 3 was ****. I hated (disliked alot for plod) it.

Toca Grid!

I got the demo off the Playstation Store last week and it's superb. It's Dirt (which is possibly the best mainstream racer so far), crossed with the first NFS:U.

I was really ready to hate it. I'm a massive fan of the Toca series (Got all of them :lol: ) - and this looked like it was just trying to take stuff too far (I disliked the off-road stuff in Race Driver 3 actually).

However, the racing is superb, as is the damage modeling and the physics. I much prefer track racing to off-road, so this is just going to be excellent.

Southend Marc was saying over the weekend that Codemasters have the F1 rights too for next year - I can see them using the same engine and it being excellent as well!

I played a bit of the demo at Big John's and it seemed really cool (pain in the arse without a wheel/pedals though, and BJ didn't have the analogue triggers set as throttle and brakes :lol:). Codemasters have done a load of work with real teams (Team Orange for the drifting stuff and Creation for sportscars). Apparently the Creation LMP1 car is very realistic!

We get our office Wii tomorrow, and I'm blatently recommending Boom Blox after playing it at the weekend at Big John's, great stuff!

I really want 'Codemasters' to make another Downhill Domination game for the PS3. That is one of my favourite games ever. :D

^ Trackmania is ace, too bad that my computer have recently decided to not run it properly.

Codemasters have won the rights to make the next F1 game :( It will probably more arcade than simulator its been so long since a good F1 game was made.

Trackmania is awesome, but really needs to be played over a LAN to be appreciated at its very best. Those moments where you see a car go flying off the track in front of you are so much funnier when accompanied by the wail of "Noooooo!" from across the hall.

1. That IS real.. It IS a GENUINE ps3 advert currently being used in europe

2. NOTHING naughty is shown in that photo (it is his thumb NOT his willy as it first seems)

Personally i quite like it.. It does EXACTLY what marketing is supposed to do, make you look twice and REALLY think about it.

And whoever blocked it (Above) obviously thought IMMEDIATELY the worse (i.e. a blokes winky) before reading the side bit..

Why is it bad to show a guy with his thumb pretending to be a willy? But yet no doubt a girl pretending some baloons were boobs would be allowed.. etc etc

Brings about some interesting questions i personally think... Which i guess again makes it a VERY good advert...