What's new

The Games we play...

Played the trail version of Costume Quest. It's actually a fun little game and quite amusing. Although after a while I found out that it's impossible to get to all the houses or find all the trick or treaters without upgrading to the full game so you get to a point where you can't complete some of the objectives you've started. If it was slightly cheaper I would get it as there's lots of costumes to collect which all have special moves in battles.
The art style is pretty cool as well. :)

FIFA 11 is ok. I havent had a soccer game for about 10 years so the controls are rough to adjust to.. especially coming over from NCAA.

Not a fan of career mode tho.. disappointing.

Furie, I swear you just have some sort of grudge against Sonic! Although, except for the first 4 Megadrive games, I can see what would cause such feelings. All the other games (with the excepion of Unleashed, SA2 and Sonic Rush) suck.

Now, it's probably quite surprising that with my avatar and signature I haven't posted my thoughts on Sonic 4 yet. Well now's my chance! So I downloaded it for £10 and was then ready to play Sonic 4: the game I'd waited 16 years for. But was it worth the wait?

Yep. Despite the HD graphics, it really feels as if it's another Megadrive game, which is of course a good thing. The music is also like heaven for an old school Sonic fan, since they've actually used some of the instruments they used in Sonic 1 and 2 (Lost Labyrinth Zone Act 2 is a favourite). The controls are also brilliant - nice and simple. However, it all feels too short for something that's £10. It can be done in about 40 mins. The camera is also too close, annoying for someone with slow reflexes. So I'd say 9/10.

Enigma Shadow said:
Furie, I swear you just have some sort of grudge against Sonic!

You don't need to swear about it :p

I'm not picking on Sonic, I hate Mario just as much :D

Enigma Shadow said:
Although, except for the first 4 Megadrive games, I can see what would cause such feelings. All the other games (with the excepion of Unleashed, SA2 and Sonic Rush) suck.

I never liked the Megadrive, and Sonic didn't endear me to it. However, I generally hate platform games. I don't care about the characters or whatever, I keep on trying them, and keep on disliking them :) It's nothing personal ;)

I think the Sonic character (despite the extended "family" and overwhelming annoyance) is actually a superb mascot, and I do want to love him. I just can't because I hate the games he's in.

Unleashed was piss-poor too, except for the first level which was pretty excellent.

I also enjoyed Secret Rings, but it needed to be on a proper console with real controls, I hate the whole "twitch like a spastic to make Sonic jump" thing.

I'm with Ollie on the Costume Quest thing though. Really nice little game and I'm considering picking up the full version when I'm rich :lol:

Enigma Shadow said:
FAlthough, except for the first 4 Megadrive games, I can see what would cause such feelings. All the other games (with the excepion of Unleashed, SA2 and Sonic Rush) suck.

Haha, nice troll!

However, it all feels too short for something that's £10.

I don't mean this in an offensive or threatening way so sorry in advanced if I come out like that but piss off that being too short. :p

I've payed full price and more for games just a tiny bit longer than that. Hell, Sonic 4 is trying to go back to the old school classic route where games cost a bit more (not as retro as when games were £2 a pop you old farts) and were a similar length. It's fine all in all!

In other news I'm still waiting on New Vegas to arrive from Play.com and I got Bioshock 2. *shunned by Ben*

I also played REZ on Direct Assault the other day and as usual it's orgasmicly amazing. I think it's a prime example of a game that only last and hour and 20 in one sitting but is so much fun that I still keep on playing through it and buying it twice.

Speaking of buying things twice or more...

SOTC and ICO collection furie?

^No offense taken ;) I see what you mean now. I guess I'm still pretty new to the whole 'Pay to download a game' thing, I'm still far too used to paying for a game that takes a few weeks, maybe even months to fully complete.

And I remember playing the demo of Ico ages ago. Isn't that the one with the kid who wears the helmet with the horns on it? I liked it because it has a really eerie feeling to it. Perhaps I should buy the full game?

Anyway, I've been playing the first 3 Spyro The Dragon games again lately. These still probably are my all time favourite games (PS1 was awesome), next to Jak, Ratchet And Clank, Okami, and Zelda of course.

There was a trailer for these on the PS Store this week:
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus PS3 HD remakes CONFIRMED!!!
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/14/ico-a ... amitsu-so/

I'm going to post that link on every page in this topic until it's released next year. There isn't anyone with a PS3 who should NOT buy this remake pack. Ico is one of the best platformers ever, and Shadow of the Colossus is possibly THE best game ever!

Ico was the game with the boy with the horns. It's creepy, atmospheric, butt clenchingly brilliant.

I bought myself a second PS3 Move controller on Saturday. Not much to use it with yet, but Time Crisis is out in a couple of weeks which will be superb.

However, it did mean I got to play Gladiator Duel with the two; it's superb. Seriously excellent.

I know how to fight leading shield and broadsword anyway and this is so close it's unreal. Okay, it's not perfect, but it's really, really close.

It's also excellent exercise. It took me 20 minutes to defeat the final in the silver cup, and it was a tough 20 minutes. I was sweating and out of breath by the end of it. You really need to move quickly and be on the ball; it really takes it out of you. My arm's killing me :lol:

Archery though is complete death with the two :(

Also got "Start the Party" for the kids. It's great fun, and a bit like Warioware on the Wii. It's fast, frantic and fun. No great depth, but excellent family fun. So far, the Move is getting a thumbs up overall from me. It's considerably better than anything Nintendo have so far pushed out (in terms of dedicated movement controller games) in what I've played. Some turkeys like Kung Fu Rider. My biggest issue is that like Wii games, you often feel £25 is a bit much for some simple games. There's not quite enough to them. Still, Sports Champions made the purchase worth it, and it's lot of game.

4.jpg

OOOOMMMFFFGGGGGG! CHILD OF EDEEEN

NFS: Hot Pursuit demo is okay, but was expecting something a little more mind blowing from Criterion :(

Killzone 3 to play around with tonight though :)

Primm actually has a coaster in Fallout: New Vegas. It's a broken down woodie instead of Desperado, but at least they did put a coaster in there. :--D

Xbox Live service update on Monday. New interface & features for Kinect. Glad we're going to Orlando next week so they'll have the bugs ironed out by the time we return. :p

East Coast(er) General said:
Xbox Live service update on Monday. New interface & features for Kinect. Glad we're going to Orlando next week so they'll have the bugs ironed out by the time we return. :p

Really looking forward to seeing what you think of Kinect. It's still a really puzzling piece of technology for me - so I'm intrigued to how well it works, what the games are like etc... So hurry up back! :p

I really can't be bothered with Kinect; the loss of a simple interface isn't to me a good thing, as to me you don't ironically feel quite as immersed. My Wii gathers dust not because of the quality of games, but the means of control; I'd much rather games have a controller option, than solely wiimote based, maybe thats just me though.

Oh dear Force Unleashed 2. Well it looks good but bloody hell its the same all the way through very boring. Not really much more to add lol.

Oh and the patch for F1 2010 is meant to be adding a load new bugs with only fixing 1 and that is the save bug.

^ I did a pit-stop in Monaco after the patch and was released in a slight break in traffic so I know thats been resolved at least!

^

The tyres are now showing wrong when in the pits, the green is on the prime and not the option and the timing is now totally wrong.

Did you notice if all cars pit now?

I have not installed it yet but probably will.

New 360 update looks & feels nice, even if the pre-login & confirmation screen are a bit bright (green on white background). :--D
New ESPN channel is DA BOMB!
Still have to wait to see how in interacts with Kinect.