What's new

The Games we play...

Insane said:
.But if you but the two together from start date the PS3 has overtaken.

But yet it's STILL not worth the asking price.

Hardly anyone is making ps3 exclusives, and the multiformat games work and look better on the 360.

So quote me numbers all u like, doesnt alter fact no-one making games for the thing.

A problem with your statement there smelly is that no one is making games for it YET. When the true PS titles start getting released like Devil May Cry, MGS4 and GT5, Sales for the PS3 will go up, which will entice developers to create more games for the console. If you look at it in the long term, the future for the PS3 is a lot more rosy than it is for the 360.

Did I deny that? No
I just said the chances of getting RCT3 on it were slim.

But maximum respect for you paying a small fortune on something which WILL be good.. hopefully.. :lol:

(why not just wait until it IS good i dont know..)

It's because the hardware on the PS3 takes developers longer to use as they have grown use to the 360's system (because it has been out longer). And about the quality of multiplatform games, most of them are exactly the same, but more are better qulity on the PS3 (but the difference then isn't anything major). For example... COD4 for the 360 has a slower frame rate, it doesn't have all the maps that the PC and PS3 version have and you can lean on the 360 version.

But some games are admititadly slightly better than the PS3 version like 'The Orange Box' has been reported to have some frame rate issues during 'Portal', But still I've completed 'Portal' 4 times and havn't experienced any problems, so it may just be some systems it happens on.

Also the 360 is really noisy and feels like it's going to do a Hiroshima on you at any second. :lol:

Don't forget that GTA 4 is going to be cut back on the 360 due to limitations in media size.

I bought the PS3 because I wanted to :) I wanted a next gen console, but didn;t want a 360 as I have tons of old PS games and hate the 360 pad.

Three of us spent the best 3 hours of console time ever last night though. We played the original Bubble Bobble, and it was fab, much better than all this modern rubbish ;) :lol:

Sorry, to be honest i was purposefully winding people up :lol:

It is true though, a lot of the industry is snubbing ps3 due to the reasons i stated. Mind you that said, a lot of the industry is also in effect snubbing the wii too (by continuously making bad games for it).. but that's for another discussion.

furie said:
Don't forget that GTA 4 is going to be cut back on the 360 due to limitations in media size.

Erm where did you read that to? :roll:

I bought the PS3 because I wanted to :) I wanted a next gen console, but didn;t want a 360 as I have tons of old PS games and hate the 360 pad.

But the euro ps3 isnt backwards compatible?

Well they did some software emulation, so some games work i guess.

Smelly said:
furie said:

Erm where did you read that to? :roll:

Rockstar actually wrote a report about it complaining that they were having problems with the 360's system and that the game would be delayed while they sorted it out.

Smelly said:
But the euro ps3 isnt backwards compatible?

Well they did some software emulation, so some games work i guess.

It damn well is backwards compatible. :)
Not on all games for now but around 95% of them work.
And the fimware updates that Sony release for FREE! mean that in a few months time all games will work. :D

Comments...

Furie is right on the 360 pad, its the bulkiest, most horrible controller I've ever had the misfortune to hold... and I've held a Dreamcast pad!

GTA4 is going to have some cut backs on the 360 version, but in return they're offering two map packs to download which will be exclusive to the 360 version...

Regarding backwards compatibility, if you were lucky enough to pay a small fortune at the beginning and get a 60gb model then yes, they do play PS2 games, but the ones they sell now (the 40gb) do not... which is the dumbest move Sony have ever made, price drop yes, but removing a key feature...

Anyways, as Insane said PS3 has outsold Xbox360 week in, week out for months now, and everyone expects the PS3 to be ahead of 360 in total figures at some point this year.

Oh by the way, COD4 overtook Halo as most played game on Xbox live! Bit of a shame Infinity Ward won't have anything to do with COD5... bring on COD6...

Pierre said:
Oh by the way, COD4 overtook Halo as most played game on Xbox live! Bit of a shame Infinity Ward won't have anything to do with COD5... bring on COD6...

Yeah I read about that story on the BBC website. :)
It said that Halo 3 came 4th and the top 5 was something like:

1. COD4
2. Orange Box
3. Assasins Creed
4. Halo 3
5. Dunno (great game) :lol:

Regarding backwards compatibility, if you were lucky enough to pay a small fortune at the beginning and get a 60gb model then yes, they do play PS2 games, but the ones they sell now (the 40gb) do not..

Thanks for clearing that up Pierre.

Not living in europe, i lose track of whats happening out there.. :lol:

I'm pretty sure that even the 60gb ps3 euro model only had software backwards compatibility (compared to the states/japan 100% hardware compat).

And that they had stopped releasing emulaiton patches now too..

I'm more into simulators and strategy games like No Limits, Rollercoaster Tycoon and Flight Simulator X, but i have a friend who is making a few games at the moment online called Matt.

www.talesofnamar.com
www.talesofnamar.com/minih

You can download Tales Of Namar but Tales of Namar, Mini Heights you can play, but it's still under construction...

Smelly said:
Regarding backwards compatibility, if you were lucky enough to pay a small fortune at the beginning and get a 60gb model then yes, they do play PS2 games, but the ones they sell now (the 40gb) do not..

Thanks for clearing that up Pierre.

Not living in europe, i lose track of whats happening out there.. :lol:

I'm pretty sure that even the 60gb ps3 euro model only had software backwards compatibility (compared to the states/japan 100% hardware compat).

And that they had stopped releasing emulaiton patches now too..

Yeah, thats true about the 40GB version not being compatible. I heard that in a couple of months they will be releasing an 80GB model with backwards compatibility. Tbh I haven't checked it out on the net on dates etc.

Also in the PS network store you can download old PS1 titles for like £4, I believe these are mainly titles which the original disc version is not compatible with the PS3.

^The 80GB version is only out in America, for now. ;)

And the old PSone games are only £3.50 each. (Which is a bargain)
Anyway why would you want to play old PSone and PS2 games now that you have a PS3? :?

^You get one with the console if you get it as a package.
And trust me, PS3 games are quality and last ages. ;)

But there are so many classics on the PS1 format, Crash team racing for example, quality game.

Some peeps just like to play the classics, yes the new games are amazing but every now and then its nice to be able to play an older game for old times sake and because they are still fun.

peep said:
But there are so many classics on the PS1 format, Crash team racing for example, quality game.

Quoted for the truth, now I want to play it. Thats one of the best PS1 games ever.

Does anyone actually really care about how well/bad the PS3/360 are doing? Just face it the consoles are basically the same just with different control pads. If one suddenly starts producing better games than the other I will be very suprised.