What's new

The Games we play...

**** all of the other games.

Super Smash Brothers BRAWL!

Why?

F***ing awesome soundtrack (287 songs of pure awesome remixes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebHn8iJJTpo (Mario Underwater remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KDInBsVJEo (Angel Island Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB8nQmRanNE (Team Galactic Battle)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-HUjhhI174 (NES Medley)

F***ing awesome stages
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSTb9-iXc3k (Warioware Stage)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF4LVpOdVf0 (Green Hill Zone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdF2m7x_ivw (Pictochat (shows off Wi-Fi real good as well))

Oh yeah, did I mention Wi-Fi fighting.

Smithy said:
Clam, just because you design games

I Dont. Last time i designed a game i was 14.

does not mean your the be-all and end-all of knowledge. It doesn't take a complete genius to understand a few basic figures.

Basic figures? Evaluating any figures will require (non public) knowledge of the architecture of the ram/cpu and gpu and how the correlate with each other, taking into account cache hits/misses, LHS (load hit store) counts, etc etc.

If you wanted to get some facts/figures on a rollercoaster - would you listen to a rollercoaster engineer with deep knowledge on the coaster at hand - or someone who rides them occasionally and has read a few things on the internet that he doesnt quite understand? I fall into the later category, and i certainly wouldnt recommend anyone get coaster info off me!

But we've both agreed you know more on the subject than me.. so there's no problems here. :lol:

Coaster Ollie said:
^Have you got The Orange Box?
Amazing game. :D

Agree on that one. If you have the choice - get the 360 version over the ps3 one, the ps3 one plays like it did on my (old) pc at home (i.e. it looks like a slide show)

Smithy, if you like driving games, then you can go a long way wrong from Dirt, Stuntman Ignition and Burnout Paradise.

Assassin's Creed is okay I suppose. It's a bit like medieval GTA light. If you can pick it up cheap, it's worth it :)

However, Bubble Bobble o the PS1 is where it's all at now! :)

How annoying, I was all ready to recommend the FREE driving game, M3-Challenge (where you can blast your way around the Nurburgring Nordschleife), but it doesn't work on my PC, I think I need a new graphics card. :(

Smelly said:
Basic figures? Evaluating any figures will require (non public) knowledge of the architecture of the ram/cpu and gpu and how the correlate with each other, taking into account cache hits/misses, LHS (load hit store) counts, etc etc.

Ok, so the countless studies presenting a comparison of the power of both consoles are not public as such. Or not presented to the general public in a way they can understand them. With all due respect, there have been a lot more people/reviews putting the PS3's power above 360's, and your the only person I've seen attempt to claim otherwise.

But we've both agreed you know more on the subject than me.. so there's no problems here. :lol:

#Sigh#

furie said:
Smithy, if you like driving games, then you can go a long way wrong from Dirt, Stuntman Ignition and Burnout Paradise.

Assassin's Creed is okay I suppose. It's a bit like medieval GTA light. If you can pick it up cheap, it's worth it :)

I'm really fussy with games though, as it's a lot of money that can be spent on Petrol :p I didn't like the Burnout Demo nor the Stuntman one, but Dirt looked like a good game. My mates all bought AC on the 360, but all advised me not to get it as it's too short. I heavily considered Orange Box, but wasn't fully sure of the multiplayer aspects. Was it only the game that isn't Portal and Half Life the game that is online?

Smithy said:
Was it only the game that isn't Portal and Half Life the game that is online?

The Orange box has:

Half life2
Half life 2 ep 1
Half life 2 ep 2
Portal
and Team fortress 2

TF2 is the only on there that is online and online only.

TBH its worth getting TOB anyway

5 games for the price of one that are all top notch games.

Yip.. Orange box truely is ace. Played on all 3 platforms (pc at home, 360/ps3 at work)

Given the choice - if you have a decent pc get the pc version (playing on dpad sucks balls).

Other than that get the 360 version as the ps3 version of it is nearly unplayable in comparison.

btw : www.bbc.co.uk/videogaiden

is ace!

@smithy : Cant be bothered to argue with you - you've read something somewhere so it must be true. I read somewhere the blackpool pleasure beach's big one's max speed is 2000 mph!!! Wow, that's FAST! That must be true too :lol:

Assassin's Creed is okay I suppose. It's a bit like medieval GTA light. If you can pick it up cheap, it's worth it

OOOooh.. I hated assassins creed.

Style over substance (pretty much what i hate about modern games in general nowadays).

Too repetitive. Dull, Nothing ever happens really.

.. But it looks pretty.

If you're looking for something fun, get Rock Band. It is such a coll game and I can't stop playing it! The only thing I warn you about is that the guitar breaks really easily, so strum soft!

Martyn said:
How annoying, I was all ready to recommend the FREE driving game, M3-Challenge (where you can blast your way around the Nurburgring Nordschleife), but it doesn't work on my PC, I think I need a new graphics card. :(

It works on mine. I need to hook up my Force Feedback wheel though to get the most out of it.

It's good for a demo I suppose :)

Yeah, you can download the proper track and kinda hack it into the game, so you can drive a real track then.

Apparently the car is really good, very realistic.

I'm getting my old(ish) graphics card posted up from home, so fingers crossed!

Martyn said:
Yeah, you can download the proper track and kinda hack it into the game, so you can drive a real track then.

Apparently the car is really good, very realistic.

I'm getting my old(ish) graphics card posted up from home, so fingers crossed!

Damage isn't, but it does handle well enough even on a keyboard.

If you have a PCI-E slot, I have a spare gfx card :)

There is one thing about COD4 on PS3 (not sure if 360 is the same) ... but the US got the update patch about a month ago now... but EU is still unpatched so at the moment EU and US players cannot play each other due to them being different versions (it personally doesn't bother me but annoys a lot of people).
From what I read Infinity Ward completed the patch ages ago and SCEE have it for testing, but have had it for quite some time and havn't yet released it... some people are blowing it way out of proportion though, you only have to look at the PS Community forums to see that.

Joey said:
Is Burnout Dominator any good does anyone know?

I saw it cheap. I love Burnout Takedown, hated Revenge.

You should get a PS3 and Paradise, clearly.

Which number is it Joey? The best was 2 or 3. 4 was alright, 5 was pants.

Paradise is there with 4 :)

Sod it, buy the first one, get a friend round and play multiplayer. It's superb!