What's new

The Games we play...

Oddly, for a huge fan of the game Kim, you appear to have actually missed the point of the game as utterly as you can do!

When you kill in time to the music, that's when you're most immersed, and the game becomes a sensory envelopment! That's the whole point of the game, to blur the line between game and musical experience. If you play it as a game, you lose the other half. You can't just listen to the music, because when you play the game, you create the music, and the best rhythms fit with the music, killing along with the beat.

Tsk...

Im confused.

Kimahri keeps saying how ace rez is..

But it seems like he hasnt played it.

Are we talking about the same game?

SmellyIsConfuzled.com

Smelly said:
Kimahri keeps saying how ace rez is..

But it seems like he hasnt played it.

I was thinking the same when you said it was like DDR

tbh were not actually going to get anywhere with this and then get more confused.....

SOME ONE SAY A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME!

Lain said:
Hurray for MGS4!

Get a clue, please! :p

I've plugged my Driving force Pro into the Ps3, and Gran Tourismo is actually pretty good. I'm now looking forward to the money making ripoff which is Prologue! :lol:

GT4 with the driving force pro wheel is absolutely amaaaazing. Especially trying to drive the nurburgring in a fast time.

A friend lent me Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy US) and I am engrossed.

Also I think it became old-hat to remark on the length of MGS's cut-scenes a long time ago... I guess you either like the games or you don't.

I think the phrase "old-hat" became old hat before I was told, as well.

So just because it's become "unfashionable" to comment on mgs being uninteractive bore-fests.. it no longer means it's still true?

Its not true, because its an opinion...

I personally like the MGS games for that reason, it gets me engrossed into the story... which makes me want to play more. No other game has done that, for me, as good as the MGS series.

Come to think of it... I like the thrillville series

Off the rails improved greatly on the original as well

The mini games are alode of fun as well (with event horizon 2 and luftwaffe 2 being my faves)

I'd suggest getting both for psp or ds.

^I didn't really like the thrillville series, I think that it's because it's more foccused on the minigames rather than creating your own park how you like it. (In otherwords I was expecting it to be like RCT3) :)

Coaster Ollie said:
(In otherwords I was expecting it to be like RCT3) :)

I think alot of people were since it was made by the same people

Its a shame really

Buts a great portable game though with loads ofreplayability thanks to the mini games

I WANT A PS3 VERSION OF RCT3!!! :D
It would be so cool. :)

WOOHOO!!! 1800th POST!

Sorry for all the capital letters. :lol:

Coaster Ollie said:

Hardly anyone is making ps3 games - as no-one owns one. And they're more expensive/less powerful than a 360.

So I wouldnt hold your breath.

lol said:
A friend lent me Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy US) and I am engrossed.

I really enjoyed playing this game, though the quicktime events were tedious (back in the day when they were "new" and "fresh")

Fantastic story, really engrossing and different and a great soundtrack (Angelo Badalamenti made it - he did the Twin Peaks soundtrack... is that good?), if a bit repetetive thanks to dying on the quicktime events so much... It does go fairly off the wall near the end though :p

I'm irritated that Quantic Dream are making their next game on the PS3 though, I kinda feel it'll get missed. Are they likely to port to other platforms, Clam? I mean... Smelly... ugh, I'm confused.

Also, Woo for Penumbra: Black Plague (10 points to anyone who can find it ;))

Smelly said:
Coaster Ollie said:

Hardly anyone is making ps3 games - as no-one owns one. And they're more expensive/less powerful than a 360.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! ahem sorry, so this is why on week to week sales that the PS3 is not outselling the 360, and to be honest programers havnt even tapped into 10% of the consoles power yet....so shut up! Plus with blu-ray built in its available to create vast amount of detail, the only reason developers have not been creating good games for the PS3 is because the 360 has been holding it back because they don't have alot of space on a dvd 7GB disk copmare to a bluray 25-50GB disk..So shut up.

Insane said:
Smelly said:
Coaster Ollie said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! ahem sorry, so this is why on week to week sales that the PS3 is not outselling the 360, and to be honest programers havnt even tapped into 10% of the consoles power yet....so shut up! Plus with blu-ray built in its available to create vast amount of detail, the only reason developers have not been creating good games for the PS3 is because the 360 has been holding it back because they don't have alot of space on a dvd 7GB disk copmare to a bluray 25-50GB disk..So shut up.

Agreed PS3 kicks 360' ass anyday.
You may not know by now but the number of PS3 units has now overtaken the sales of 360's.
The 360 is now seen as the expensive one as the PS3 is now cheeper. :p
Also if Halo 3 is 360's best game (which is utter ****) it just goes to show how crap all their games are.
Plus who would want to pay to play online? :?
On 360 you have to pay 40 pounds to sign up and then a further 40 pounds each year.
So yeah... X-box SUCKS!!!
:p

And yes RCT3 is a mouse game but your forgetting than you can connect a mouse and keyboard to the PS3. :)

Its hasnt overtaken the amount of consoles sold all together because 360 has sold around 17 million and PS3 has sold 8/9...But if you but the two together from start date the PS3 has overtaken.