What's new

The Games we play...

no no..you're both wrong.

Furie, if you'd played the original games - you'd see what a cluster intercourse the wii controls are.

They somehow make it harder and less intuitive to play than using the pad!

Burnout Paradise on the ps3 is so good, I did not think I would like it but was on it for 6 hours the other day and did not even know.

Smelly said:
no no..you're both wrong.

Furie, if you'd played the original games - you'd see what a cluster intercourse the wii controls are.

They somehow make it harder and less intuitive to play than using the pad!

See, to me "intuitive" means - able to do something without having to learn.

I picked up Resi 4 on the Wii, I ran around, I killed things. I didn't need to learn to use the control system (beyond which buttons to press). I was at home using the controls right away.

I have NEVER found an aiming system on a console intuitive. The first thing I have to do is go through a thousand menus to find out how to invert the Y axis, so that it makes a bit of sense and I stop shooting the floor!

The point is, I DIDN'T play the original, so I found the controls natural and intuitive, because I had no previous 'good' experience to fall back on. This is what the Wii is all about. You don't need prior experience to make you able to use the control system. All my previous experience has been bad and counter-intuitive, so the Wii control system worked fine.

YOUR problem is that you have learned to use crap controls, and now you are struggling to unlearn that skill. Like it takes a while to unlearn driving a RHD car and get used to a LHD car. At times, you will step back into RHD mode, and screw up. Is the LHD car crapper? No, it's just different until you get used to it (very simple example).

Anyway, I am the consumer! I am God! You serve me! You are therefore wrong Smelly :p

Marc, what's your PS3 name? I've got Paradise, and it's eating my life too a bit. It'd be good to play against you online :)

^Lol, and Kim is just special then.

Well, I've started Zack and Wiki, and so far its a lot of fun. Though, from what other people have said earlier in the topic, I'm not sure it'll last :p

There really isnt anything exciting coming out for a while now... I mean, there's Smash, but that's a while away, and then again after Smash is out, there's another gap till... well, till what?

I'm sure the rest of my games will keep me till then and on still, but my insatiable need for new stuff keeps wanting more :p

Ploddish said:
There really isnt anything exciting coming out for a while now...

I agree

Rez HD is out and is the 360's best game ^_^

SO GET IT!

If you dont your deserve a kick

in the crotch

with steel caped boots

Ploddish said:
^Lol, and Kim is just special then.

Well, I've started Zack and Wiki, and so far its a lot of fun. Though, from what other people have said earlier in the topic, I'm not sure it'll last :p

There really isnt anything exciting coming out for a while now... I mean, there's Smash, but that's a while away, and then again after Smash is out, there's another gap till... well, till what?

Picked up Zack and Wiki too last week, seems pretty good so far and fun to watch the movie parts in between. I reckon it will be pretty easy though. I found the zoom out controls to look around a bit of a pain to get used to, but overall I'm enjoying it.

Can't wait for Smash but.

^Ha! awesome. :D
I'm currently downloading Warhawk on the PS3 as I speak, so will let you know ho good it is once i've had a go. :D

Emmett said:
Picked up Zack and Wiki too last week, seems pretty good so far and fun to watch the movie parts in between. I reckon it will be pretty easy though.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

HAHAHAHA!

Come back in a few more levels and tell us it's easy :lol:

You dont know it yet, but you're almost as wrong as furie is about resi 4 wii.
:lol:

Meh.. rez.. meh

overrated button timing game.

May as well be playing dance dance revolution.

:twisted:

^and then it says...
"I've already played it, why the **** would I buy it again just to play it in HD?" :)

Anyway being messing around with Warhawk for a while and have the say that the freedom of choice is amazing you can fight by foot, by tank, by truck or by plane. With the number of people online at one time the battles are really frantic and you really have to work hard as a team to push through and win the battle. :)
The graphics arn't amazing but then this is a downloadable game from the Playstation Store, and shows you that you don't need good graphics to have fun. :D

I liked the game so much that after an hour I logged out the game and bought the expansion. :D

Coaster Ollie said:
^and then it says...
"I've already played it, why the <> would I buy it again just to play it in HD?" :)

Cause it now has a whole bunch of goodies ^_^

and clam

Meh.. rez.. meh

How the hell did you manage to compaire rez to DDR

they are 2 completely different games :p

Meh.. rez.. meh

How the hell did you manage to compaire rez to DDR

they are 2 completely different games :p[/quote][/quote]

Despite Smelly being utterly wrong about Resi 4, he is right here (kind of). Rez is just a Rhythm Action game, only it's analogue instead of using a dance mat. Principle is the same.

It's a superb experience for a short while, but much like a light gun game, once you've played through it a couple of times, there's little point. You've been there, done it, move on!

I'm not belittling what a superb gaming experience it is, but it's a short lived one. I like several demos and web pages much like it, which I love, but I'm not going to invest my hard earned cash into them, and watch them every day for a few years and try to make them out to be anything bigger than they are - a lovely, little experience :)

Rez is just a Rhythm Action game, only it's analogue instead of using a dance mat. Principle is the same.

I've only herd REZ being compaired to space harrier actually

It just doesnt make any sense as to how its a rythm game

You (as the player) dont actually try to keep in beat with anything

I just mash the fire button down and aim at every thing (and try chaining when I need to) and dont try to keep in time with the music

Sure the graphics fit into the rythm of the music and the controller vibrations keep in time with the music but thats about it.

I dont think it would make any difference if the enemies made explosions when they "died"

Edit: Your not even monitered for keeping a rythm