What's new

Tayto Park | Cú Chulainn Coaster | Gravity Group

Re: New coaster for Ireland....

the wording does seem a bit like they don't know a thing about coasters...

An inverted wooden coaster means something different to a wooden coaster with inversions, and an over-banked turn is not an inversion

This is what I was thinking, unless I'm being stupid, those pictures don't show it is possible to be an 'inverted' coaster, I reckon this is a coaster with inversion(s), there is a difference!

Potato Potato.

Doesn't really work when you're typing it instead of saying but, but it is relevant!

What you have to remember is that this has been spun to a mostly non-enthusiastic audience; they've taken a key 'unique' element and jumped on it, using a little artistic license to make it sound more sensational than it actually is. It's a press release, they need to drum up some excitement!

And no, and overbanked turn isn't an inversion, but you do sort of go 'upside down' so I can see where they're going with that *waits for furie to bring out the chart*.

It's strange to me that they're making this sound as extreme as they are though because when we chatted to SCC last year he put a real emphasis on the parks desire to keep things family orientated. Not that I'm complaining, but it does make me wonder!

Excellent news! Hopefully I'll be able to get over for the live.

The park sounds brilliant though, crisp factory tour!

This will do the park wonders adding a wooden coaster, I'm looking forward to a Cobra Roll, Diving loop, Inclined Loop as all inversions are possible on today's woodies.

Looks like there is an Irish goon website: ThemeParks.ie!

They've got some exclusive construction pictures on there:
201501-construction-08.jpg

201501-construction-05.jpg

Might be worth keeping an eye on!

:)

Dar said:
Looks like there is an Irish goon website

:)

It is run by Richard Bannister, one of the most travelled coaster enthusiasts out there, with more than 2000+ creds to his name... ;)

sparky2u said:
This will do the park wonders adding a wooden coaster, I'm looking forward to a Cobra Roll, Diving loop, Inclined Loop as all inversions are possible on today's woodies.

Kolmarden is going to have a woodie with some real inversions, isn't it?

megasonic said:
Kolmarden is going to have a woodie with some real inversions, isn't it?
Yes, 3, but not loops. A zero G stall and what looks like a barrel/heartline roll and a standard zero G.

Brilliant, so excited about this now. The lack of news for so many months made me think it had been cancelled.

Can a mod put this in Construction please?

RCDB also have the name listed as Embargoed.

Re: Tayto Park | Unknown | Gravity Group Wood

Moved - is the name officially confirmed though? I haven't seen it anywhere except for on RCDB, so until it's confirmed by the park, I'll leave it on unknown.

Yeah, I read it as "Ermahgerd" first :p . But RCDB still says Alton's new kiddie "will set a new record length and be within 3 feet of setting a new record height", and they listed WH's mack as a mega coaster which nobody knows anything about, so RCDB is a bit off lately.

I'm not convinced it "Embargoed" is the name. Hmmm.

Surely they just mean the name is embargoed as in 'no one is allowed to know yet'?

^That would make more sense Sue but then I don't know why they wouldn't leave it as unknown? It's weird =/